Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» zombie cells
New here, need opinions and advices  EmptyToday at 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
New here, need opinions and advices  EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
New here, need opinions and advices  EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
New here, need opinions and advices  EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
New here, need opinions and advices  EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
New here, need opinions and advices  EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
New here, need opinions and advices  EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
New here, need opinions and advices  EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
New here, need opinions and advices  EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

New here, need opinions and advices

3 posters

Go down

New here, need opinions and advices  Empty New here, need opinions and advices

Post  TripleA Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:50 am

Hi guys,

I am new to this forum but i’ve been reading it for a few months now, and reading quite a lot of interesting stuff!

I’ve been losing my hair for about a year now and I believe I have some hints on how it started. First, I’m 26, my dad is 68 and still has a full head of hair, absolutely no hair loss. However apparently my granddad on my mother’s side had mpb (never met him).
My hair loss started after a period of huge stress that lasted for a few months. First my hair went all oily and crazy, I would wash them in the morning they would be all greasy in the afternoon some days; or at least when I’d wake up the next day. I’ve been diagnosed with seborrheic dermatitis at the time. I guess stress triggered it.
I was also a very regular weed smoker. At the time I had some acne and particularly three/four spots that would come back every time at the exact same place.
Since January I quit weed and sorted out my diet: almost totally cut off wheat and most grains, more veggies less fat (I’ve read a few anecdotal stories about guys who reversed their hair loss with diet : Marcelo Angulo’s book “More than hair: How I beat baldness”; for example). Since then absolutely no acne and especially those three/four spots never came back. I don’t know if I should put that on the diet or weed (I’d go for the second).
Also I think since then I got my seb derm under control, no more oily scalp really.
Blood tests came out normal, thyroid, iron, cholesterol, etc. Except VitD; I’ve been supplementing since. Also taking some vitamins/minerals supplements (Viridian Essential Male Multi Vitamin and Mineral)
Another maybe aggravating factor (from what I’ve read around) is that my bathroom walls were covered with black mold for a long time (I was also wearing contacts lenses and can’t anymore because of irritated eyes, this sarted about 4/5 months I moved into the flat). I cleaned it but it still smells strong so I believe there’s still some in the walls or something. Moving out in two months. And when I go back to my parent’s house I can really say that my hair feels somewhat different.

About my hair loss: it thinned all over the top and on the sides, much much less volume I used to have to go to the hairdresser very often because I’d look like I had a helmet if I didn’t. So very diffuse all over the scalp, but my hairline is also receding, this is where I lost the most. It’s going fast I believe, and I’d say I’ve lost about 40% of my hair all over the scalp (and i can "feel" it, it gets painful all over the top of teh scalp and itchy). Do you guys also experience hair loss on the sides?
Also, I have also noticed that I have lost hair in the pubic area as well as in two circles on each of my thighs. I think it is regrowing a little there now as I see little hairs sprouting. My eyebrows have also thinned a bit and eyelashes aren’t as long as they used to be.

So, stress, weed, parties, black mold could be as I see it factors that have triggered my hair loss.
I am thinking, is it “pure” mpb or could it be (chronic) telogen effluvium ? I’ve read a characteristic of telogen effluvium is that hairs that fall have this white bulb at the root, which mine have. What do you guys think?

As for the treatment, I don’t think I have the patience for DT or something so I’m turning to topicals. I bought a coconut oil / tea tree oil shampoo that I like a lot. And I’m also rinsing my hair with ACV and essential oils a few times a day. Might start Sage1’s topical treatment. Do you see any supplements that could help ?

Thanks for any comments or advices, and sorry for the long post Smile

TripleA

Back to top Go down

New here, need opinions and advices  Empty Re: New here, need opinions and advices

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:59 pm

ideally fix your diet,

use a topical

take some supplements

blood test for vitamin d, estrogen and the basics

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

New here, need opinions and advices  Empty Re: New here, need opinions and advices

Post  long hair Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:56 am

classic mpb will  not make your eyebrows thinning ...do you feel your scalp tight?
also must of us if not all does not loss hair in a sides and lower back of the head ..it just a horseshoe you know.
long hair
long hair

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:31 am

topical vitamin a, d and k2 and e will help. on the wrist.

taurine + b6
glycine
beta alanine (carnosine)
lysine
(all very similar in their action and chemical structure)

to prevent any further shedding

methylene blue + caffeine to boost mitochondria .
this works equal or better than coq10, ubiquinol, ala/carnitine, ribose, pqq, commonly used for mitochondria.
a lot cheaper too. don't be confused by its low price and off-label uses. coq10 can't be taken with methylene blue.

zinc/selenium/ magnesium/copper may be helpful minerals

start there.

as for diet, switch to coconut oil , like jacksons honest chips.
sourdough bread if you must eat grains. fry everything in coconut oil.
greek yoghurt is good.
low carb dieting is dangerous and not recommended.

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  TripleA Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:27 pm

Thank you guys for your answers! i'll look into what you recommended; hopefully i can do something about it!

TripleA

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:59 pm

TripleA wrote:Thank you guys for your answers! i'll look into what you recommended; hopefully i can do something about it!
]]

see my signatures,which I wrote for beginners. Although I have contradicted myself and made some errors, it's a good starting point on which supplements to take, which diet, and which hormones to check for.

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down