Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
The Natural EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
The Natural EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
The Natural EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
The Natural EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
The Natural EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
The Natural EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
The Natural EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
The Natural EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
The Natural EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

The Natural

+2
The Natural
Raxe
6 posters

Go down

The Natural Empty The Natural

Post  Raxe Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:57 am

What is the dosing you use with your regimen?

Raxe

Back to top Go down

The Natural Empty Re: The Natural

Post  The Natural Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:38 am

Raxe wrote:What is the dosing you use with your regimen?

Raxe,

My standard regimen would consist of:

1 capsule of Jarrow's curcumin (morning/evening)
1 capsule of Jarrow's resveratrol (morning/evening)
1 scoop of Toco-8 (morning)
1 capsule of Nature's Way's MSM (mid-morning/afternoon/evening)

Now I am testing out Meriva's curcumin and Biotivia's resveratrol. I only take one of each daily, as I believe them to be more potent.

The Natural

Back to top Go down

The Natural Empty Natural Regarding Toco-8

Post  Jocko59 Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:28 pm

Do you take your Toco-8 on an empty stomach or with food? Just wondering.

Jocko59

Back to top Go down

Post  The Natural Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:39 pm

Jocko59 wrote:Do you take your Toco-8 on an empty stomach or with food? Just wondering.

I take it on an empty stomach (after exercising).

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Post  NoGravity Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:22 am

The Natural wrote:
Jocko59 wrote:Do you take your Toco-8 on an empty stomach or with food? Just wondering.

I take it on an empty stomach (after exercising).

TN,

have you been taking it on an empty stomach always? I read somewhere that its better to take in the evening with food (cant remember where i read though). Anyone can confirm?

NoGravity

Back to top Go down

Post  The Natural Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:44 am

NG,

Yes, I have been taking it without food, after a workout; shower, then take curcumin and resveratrol together with yogurt or milk.

The directions state that Toco-8 can be taken with or without food, but if you have information to the contrary, then by all means, please let me (us) know.

Thanks,
TN

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Post  NoGravity Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:46 am

TN, and anyone interested

had some free time and did some googling. Yea its a company call AC Grace who advocate that tocopherols and tocotrienols should be taken apart and thus suggested that the latter is to be taken in the evening. I could not find any other supporting evidence if its better to take in the evening other than to keep a time gap from tocopherols; however, ac grace did say its best when taken with meals. http://acgrace.com/faq.html

Also, i found the following:

Immune System

[0120]Dietary tocotrienols given to immunodeficient mice prolonged their survival, presumably via an immune system boost (Tan, B., 1992). Dietary tocotrienols increased immunoglobulin (IgA, IgG and IgM) in rat spleen and MLN lymphocytes where the extent was generally more marked in the T3 group than the alpha-T1 group (Gu, J., et al., 1997; Kaku, S., et al., 1999). Compositionally, C-5 unsubstituted tocotrienols, composed of delta-T3 and gamma-T3, accounted for 75% of the tocols used in these cited studies.

Bone Mineralization

[0121]It is known that tocotrienols prevent the loss of bone mineral density, and improve the bone calcium content of growing male and female, however, alpha-T1 supplementation does not improve the mineralization of bone in female rats (Ima-Nirwana, S., et al., 2000; Norazlina, M., et al., 2002; Norazlina, M., et al., 2007).

Hypertension

[0122]Gamma-T3 has been shown to prevent the development of increased blood pressure in spontaneous hypertensive rats (SHR) and that the lowest dose of 15 mg/kg feed (approximately translating to 75 mg T3/day for humans) was best in preventing hypertension (Newaz, M. and N. Nawal, 1999). Gamma-T3 is also shown to be a sodium excreting agent, as well as, increasing endothelial nitric oxide synthase (NOS) activity to treat essential hypertension (Igarashi, O., et al., 2003; Newaz, M., et al., 2003). The water-soluble metabolite, γ-CEHC (i.e., chromanol ring without the farnesol tail; see FIG. 2) is the same metabolite for gamma-T3 and for gamma-T1. Such a metabolite has also been identified for alpha-T1, as α-CEHC. Accordingly, the metabolite for delta-T3 and delta-T1, is δ-CEHC.

Cholesterol Biosynthesis

[0123]Some 80% of cholesterol in the human body is endogenously produced in the liver, and the remaining 20% from dietary sources. Physiological studies show that cholesterol biosynthesis is nocturnal when dietary intake is at its lowest. When statin is taken in the evening versus morning, lipids drop about 10% more (Wallace, A., et al., 2003). Tocotrienols taken with food more than double their absorption and their maximum concentrations peak 4-6 hours after the supplementation (Yap, S., et al., 2001; Fairus, S., et al., 2003).

P/S: i scan through and thought that this excerpt might also mention about whens the best time to take it. but im running late now

NoGravity

Back to top Go down

Post  The Natural Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:28 am

NG,

Thanks for the information. And I'll keep that study in mind. I am familiar with AC Grace's vitamin E. Their vitamin E is in gelcap form. Toco-8, on the other hand, is in powder form, which its distributer, Primordial Performance, asserts is fresher, more biologically active.

With respect to keeping tocotrienols separate from tocopherols: "[tocotrienol preparations] low of a-tocopherol concentration were consistently effective in both cholesterol (Khor et al. 1995, Qureshi et al. 1991a, 199 Ib, and 1995) and tumor (Tan 1992) studies."

Primordial Performance's response to the latter: "It is correct that if you supplement with additional alpha-tocopherol you may mitigate these benefits, but the amount naturally present in the Toco-8 is not enough to interfere with the benefits from the tocotrienols."

In essence, the mere presence of a tocopherol, in and of itself, is not enough to negate the benefits of the tocotrienols. It depends on the amount of tocopherol present. Still, with an all-tocotrienol supplement, you wouldn't even have to worry about the possibility of such (negating the benefits). I will try out AC Grace's product before the end of this year.

TN

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Post  NoGravity Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:22 pm

Yea man,

Im not really worried about the tocopherols that much as well, thats why i took jarrow's which contain a bit of it. Did took them with sesame which could increase absorption. So i guess the time taken doesnt matter but it would be more beneficial to be taken with food than an empty stomach though.

Btw TN, what does the following paragraph actually talks about , anything to do with the tocos? Statin is some other stuff or? sorry im not really good with these terms

[0123]Some 80% of cholesterol in the human body is endogenously produced in the liver, and the remaining 20% from dietary sources. Physiological studies show that cholesterol biosynthesis is nocturnal when dietary intake is at its lowest. When statin is taken in the evening versus morning, lipids drop about 10% more (Wallace, A., et al., 2003).

NoGravity

Back to top Go down

Post  The Natural Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:40 pm

NG, I remember someone, a poster, once telling me that supplements are better absorbed when taken right before sleep, which could be in the day or night time. I cannot, unfortunately, explain the process in scientific terms. Maybe IH can help us out here.

It's interesting that statin works better when "dietary intake is at its lowest," while other supplements or drugs are more effective when taken with food.

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Post  NoGravity Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:36 am

Caustic,

do you have any opinions/views on when to take the various supplements to maximise effectiveness?

NoGravity

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:00 am

NoGravity - I take almost everything just before a meal or sometimes during the meal. Just prior to the meal the idea to allow the antioxidants to buffer the effects on glucose and insulin levels. During the meal is when I'll take the vitamins and minerals to enhance absorption.

A night I might take some antioxidants before going to bed to quell the free radicals generated through the various metabolic effects that occur during sleep.

Fundamentally, I think it's critical to take the primary supplements at the time of the meal to prevent spiking of glucose and insulin since this is what raises free radicals and DHT.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  NoGravity Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:10 pm

CS, thanks for the insight.

NoGravity

Back to top Go down

Post  edony Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:47 am

TN-

Apple pectin used to be a part of your regimen a few months ago.It was a hot topic back then ,chelating heavy metals for assisting in hair regrowth.
I remember you though droping it too soon. You thought it was unnecessary?
edony
edony

Back to top Go down

Post  The Natural Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:26 pm

edony wrote:TN-Apple pectin used to be a part of your regimen a few months ago.It was a hot topic back then ,chelating heavy metals for assisting in hair regrowth. I remember you though droping it too soon. You thought it was unnecessary?

I used TOXGUARD by Jarrow for several months. And I still think that it's a good idea to do so periodically. Literature suggests that curcumin has the ability to remove heavy metals (e.g. iron, copper) as well.

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Post  NoGravity Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:32 pm

TN,

just wondering, are you using any topical? Btw, whats the daily dosage of MSM you're taking?

Thanks

NG

NoGravity

Back to top Go down

Post  The Natural Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:47 pm

NoGravity,

I haven't decided on a topical as of yet. In the past, I used the following topicals without much success:

1. Applepoly
2. Shen Min
3. Hair Again
4. Revivogen

Having stated that, it is possible that these topicals may help to thicken one's hair, provided he has a good internal regimen.

Presently taking about 3000 mg. of MSM a day.

TN

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Post  edony Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:03 pm

Toxguard's dose is at 2 caps per day,isn't it?
You take it at different time from the other supplemments.I believe as this is the case with Humifulvate as well,it should be taken some hours apart from the rest of regimen.
edony
edony

Back to top Go down

Post  The Natural Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:38 pm

edony wrote:Toxguard's dose is at 2 caps per day,isn't it? You take it at different time from the other supplemments.I believe as this is the case with Humifulvate as well,it should be taken some hours apart from the rest of regimen.

1-3 capsules according to the bottle's label. I agree that it should be taken at different times than other supplements.

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Post  The Natural Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:59 pm

Again, here is the break down of the Capsures supplement used in the Italian hair loss study:

A daily dosage of four capsules contain:

1. 600 mg. of vitamin C
2. 600 mg. of wheat germ (vitamin E source)
3. 80 mg. of curcumin
4. 40 mg. of resveratrol
5. 50 mg. of capsaicin

Notice the dosages of the curcumin and resveratrol. This could be the case of a little going a long long way.

TN

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:47 pm

The Natural - Thanks for detailing the patent for this. I've been thinking a lot over the last year, wondering how many of us are not taking vitamin C regularly. I often mistakenly assume that anyone on a supplement regimen is already taking some vitamin C.

While this has been mentioned numerous times in the past, here is a good idea of how important vitamin C is to hair growth. Although a special note that it results would be more effective if the vitamin C is a fat soluble form, such as ascorbyl palmitate not standard ascorbic acid.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19416266

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16406749

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  The Natural Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:57 am

IH-I absolutely agree with you about the importance of vitamin C. Thank you for the articles. Admittedly, I have not been taking enough. And I am going to look for a good source of vitamin C today.

I remember taking Applepoly Booster capsules (which are 18 times stronger than your standard vitamin C), and got the best results of my life. Unfortunately, the results didn't last long, and my hair loss slowly returned after several months of use. Damn! It would have been nice to just take two capsules of apple peel extract, and call it day.

A less powerful source of vitamin C is probably best in my case. My body seems to adjust poorly to high levels of certain herbs, rendering them ineffective after a short period.

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:19 pm

IH, do you take a vitamin C tablet. and which would you recommend I remember jdp saying alma's was a good one.

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:47 am

1..... - Generally a good vitamin C also contains its bioflavinoids. These are what make it really work. Since I have a few sources of bioflavinoids in my supplement routine, I usually take vitamin C in the form of Ascorbyl Palmitate, which is fat soluble vitamin C.

If I'm not using that, I'll take something like this that contains Magnesium Ascorbate with bioflavonoids.

http://www.iherb.com/Superior-Vitamin-C-1000-mg-90-Tablets/8353?at=0

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down