Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
apple polyphenol EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
apple polyphenol EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
apple polyphenol EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
apple polyphenol EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
apple polyphenol EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
apple polyphenol EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
apple polyphenol EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
apple polyphenol EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
apple polyphenol EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

apple polyphenol

+4
CausticSymmetry
DM5
Misirlou
sky-walker
8 posters

Go down

apple polyphenol Empty apple polyphenol

Post  sky-walker Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:38 am

I have read in some websites that apple polyphenol particulary the procyanidins in it can be great for hair growth, even much more effective in topical than minoxidil. So i wanna know if someone had already try , in topical or in oral, and if the oral absorption have the same good effect on hair than the topic.

thanks

sky-walker

Back to top Go down

apple polyphenol Empty Re: apple polyphenol

Post  Misirlou Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:39 am

I think the research behind it sounds promising, but I also believe that if it was very useful for hair loss, CS would already have been using it for years Wink

Misirlou

Jean-Guy likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  sky-walker Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:52 am

Yes i know, but CS can't knows everything and i guess he doesn't know much about topic. Perhaps i'm wrong but i think this product can be very good for growth . However, the one that we can find in internet is so expensive . 47$ for 1 bottle, 1 month supply . i want to find a cheapest one but nothing for the moment ... Perhaps grape seed extract in topic is good too , much cheaper but less effective..

sky-walker

Back to top Go down

Post  DM5 Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:08 am

Didn't like the Apple Poyphenols from the company or from Swansons. Didn't agree with me. I just started using the OPC-95 Grape Seed Extract. It has the required amount used in studies.

http://www.vitadigest.com/ja-opc-95.html
DM5
DM5

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:16 am

sky-walker - Apple Polyphenols were heavily promoted a few years ago. Are they worth it? The results I've heard came back from those who were using other methods along with it. In other words, it didn't appear to bring on additional results noticable enough to create any attention.

Revita Hair Growth Shampoo has apple polyphenols in there. There's a company called Elsom research that will formula a topical with apple polyphenols in there, it's been done and many have tried it.

Personally I've tried both high dose internal and topical apple polyphenols, I didn't notice any difference outside of the regimen I used at the time.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  sky-walker Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:30 pm

ok perhaps i'll try the swansons capsules cause the topic is so expensive.. so CS perhaps you can help me for one thing who make me feel so bad Crying or Very sad .

I already take a whole treatment for my hair loss :

-fish oil and onagre oil
-nettle root
-turmeric/resveratrol
-Soy/cayenne
-grape seed extract
-biotine/acide alpha lipoique
-Flax seed
-vits B, C and gingko biloba

- An healthy diet without sugar ,satured fat , meat

Sometimes my hair feel quite good, for example in 3 weeks they began to regrow and thiken and 1 week later i shed with greasy scalp, skin and thinning ,and i lost all the benefits . then they began to regrow and few weeks later , shed again and lost of all. It's like a circle and i want to be only on the regrow circle!

I don't understand that because i stay on the same treatment, perhaps sexual activities? i don't know... What can i do for avoid that and on the regrow circle ?

thanks

sky-walker

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:08 am

danmrtini wrote:Didn't like the Apple Poyphenols from the company or from Swansons. Didn't agree with me. I just started using the OPC-95 Grape Seed Extract. It has the required amount used in studies.

http://www.vitadigest.com/ja-opc-95.html

This is the grape seed product I went with.
http://www.iherb.com/Paradise-Herbs-ActiVin-Grape-Seed-Extract-90-Veggie-Caps/4240?at=0
With Jarrow Billberry which has a grape skin extract included, I figure I am covered. Also I have been drinking grape juice.

Finally, I bought a liquid Resveratrol supplement. Two table spoons equals 300mg of resveratrol. I starting drinking it straight from the container, about one gulp a night. Holy crap, I've barely slept in days and I'm not tired. Seems like a bunch of folks at imminst.org get insomnia from resveratrol as well. Today i will drop it to confirm if this is the case for me.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:16 am

sky-walker - As Gibson pointed out, grape seed extract is a good way to go. It's better performance for the money.

Saturated fat and meat can be good for hair. This is especially so if you get enough Omega-3 fatty acids in your diet. For example Lipoprotein(a) a cardiovascular risk factor is elevated in balding persons and the less saturated fat you eat, the higher these levels are, according to some studies.

You might consider dropping the Cayenne form your regimen. Several months ago, this board tried out Cayenne and the results seemed pretty bad. The only thing the Cayenne/Soy Isoflavone seemed to be good for was for alopecia arerata and the dose of Cayenne was only 6 milligrams.

lund - brought up a good post on how the vanilloid receptor TRPV1 is activated with cayenne. Maybe a tiny amount is good to stimulate hair growth, but too much which can probably be achieved with a very small dose can cause hair shaft miniaturization. Cayenne seemed to be a shed generator.

Have you tried Fibroboost (Ecklonia Cava)?

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thSman Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:43 am

Ive just contacted applepoly.com to take advantage of their 90 day money back guarantee,I hope they honour it.
Ive used the topical and the internal they sell with zero results.
Its very expensive and not worth it IMO.

thSman

Back to top Go down

apple polyphenol Empty Gibson...

Post  Jocko59 Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:39 am

You might want to take your resveratrol in the mornings so as to avoid the associated sleeping problems.

Jocko59

Back to top Go down

Post  DM5 Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:48 pm

I did the Applepoly trial as well. They will give your money back. I ended up with a lot of facial and forehead acne. Don't know if that was a detox reaction or a testosterone spike as I think I also noticed some thinning. Anyway, I decided to go with Grape Seed as it doesn't give me any of these problems.
DM5
DM5

Back to top Go down

Post  thSman Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:20 pm

Thats good news as it was expensive.
I did get a few pimples on my forehead and also on my face and Ive been free of them for years now,I'd say I just thinned at the same rate as before I guess.
I use topical diluted grapeseed extract,Is that what you mean?I use it to control Demodex?

thSman

Back to top Go down

Post  sky-walker Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:17 pm

Ok it's good to know for the apple polyphénol so i think i'll add a topical grapeseed extract , for try.

CS- It can't be the cayenne who make me sometimes shed because i take it just for one week now, i just start. and yes i had take fibroboost ecklonia cava but like the maca it raise my libido and make me shed.. So i don't know perhaps i have testostérone spikes or other ... today my hair feels good , i'm in regrow phase cyclops but i'm pretty sure in few days or weeks i'll shed again pale cause it's always the same circle.
So what can i do? i don't know...

sky-walker

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:03 am

Gibson wrote:
Finally, I bought a liquid Resveratrol supplement. Two table spoons equals 300mg of resveratrol. I starting drinking it straight from the container, about one gulp a night. Holy crap, I've barely slept in days and I'm not tired. Seems like a bunch of folks at imminst.org get insomnia from resveratrol as well. Today i will drop it to confirm if this is the case for me.

It was the resveratrol. Amazing to finally perceive a profound effect from it since it is regarded so highly for health. Gives me reason to make it a steady part of my regimen.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  thSman Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:11 pm

Just a quick update on the refund process at Applepolt.com.
Theyve replied to my email and given me an address to return the unused products.
Its refreshing to here that the refund is genuine in this day and age of scams.

thSman

Back to top Go down

apple polyphenol Empty Well, I too...

Post  Jocko59 Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:47 am

Returned their product for a refund. I followed up with a phone call they stated they received it, and that they were going to mail me a check. I'm still waiting on that. I will post when I receive it. It's been about a week now.

Jocko59

Back to top Go down

Post  sky-walker Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:23 pm

CS- Should i add vit D3 to my regimen ? i don't take a lot of sun but i can't say if it will be helpful for block the shed circle

sky-walker

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:46 am

sky-walker - If you don't get much sun, you'll want to aim for at least 5,000 IU of Vitamin D3.

The reason is that vitamin D protects against against bacteria, viruses, and fungi and is antimicrobial.
I've heard of at least one account for vitamin D optimization helping to fill up the crown area. Also vitamin D is strongly correlated to long life.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sky-walker Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:29 am

Ok i think i 'll add vitamin D on my next order. But these days , i don't know if it's cayenne who i've begin 2 weeks ago or others but my hair feel good Smile I see a thickening in my thin areas ( all the top of my scalp) and i see little hairs regrowing at my temples. I keep the hope!

sky-walker

Back to top Go down

Post  sky-walker Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:17 am

Anyone knows where i can buy a liquid grapeseed extract for an external use? I order almost all my stuffs on swanson but no liquid grapeseed on it.

sky-walker

Jean-Guy likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  NoGravity Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:33 am

im not sure if you guys heard of lamas hair serum, which contains apple polyphenols and quite a good list of ingredients. Think ive been using it for nearly 3 months but did not realise any significant results yet in terms of hair growth. However, i only apply it once instead of twice per day. It smell great too

NoGravity

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down