Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
New Here and wanted to introduce myself. EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
New Here and wanted to introduce myself. EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
New Here and wanted to introduce myself. EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
New Here and wanted to introduce myself. EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
New Here and wanted to introduce myself. EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
New Here and wanted to introduce myself. EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
New Here and wanted to introduce myself. EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
New Here and wanted to introduce myself. EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
New Here and wanted to introduce myself. EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

New Here and wanted to introduce myself.

4 posters

Go down

New Here and wanted to introduce myself. Empty New Here and wanted to introduce myself.

Post  Need4hair Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:34 am

Hi, i am new here and wanted to say hi. I have been on all the drug companies treatments only to have major side effects and not much success and now want to transition into natural treatments. I am new to this so any suggestions would be great. I also signed up at another forum thats seems to be what I am looking for as well. Any of you guys been to regrowth.com? Is it any good? If it is like hairlosstalk I want no part of it. Those people ridicule you if it is not the "big 3". Anyway just saying hi and again any help would be great.

Need4hair

Back to top Go down

New Here and wanted to introduce myself. Empty Re: New Here and wanted to introduce myself.

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:57 am

Need4hair - Hey welcome to the site!

Yes, I am quite familiar with regrowth, I've been visiting that site since '04. I have not been on the other sites, due to the exactly reasons you stated regarding the "big three."

I've got loads of posts there:

http://www.regrowth.com/hairloss-forums/cf_bulletin.cfc?method=ViewMemberPosts&id=19606

Here's the main site as far as developing a personal regimen. I've got a basic regimen set up, but really to fine tune what is appropriate for you should serve you well.

www.Immortalhair.org
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

New Here and wanted to introduce myself. Empty Re: New Here and wanted to introduce myself.

Post  Need4hair Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:32 pm

THANKS!!!!!! I appreciate the response and help, I will check out the main site. Hey thanks again for the welcome and for a great site. i guess I will see you here and at the other site. Quick question, how long does Fin take to get out of your system, I was on it for 2 years and quit 1 week ago?

Thanks again!

Need4hair

Back to top Go down

Post  chapat Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:57 pm

Hi and welcome
I am Chuckp on regrowth.com, I go to the other sites and read posts but I don't post really. There are a lot of smart and nice people on this site. The soy drinkers are a little strange though. LOL

chapat

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:22 pm

Need4hair - Even though Finasteride half-life is about 5-hours, one dose suppresses serum DHT levels for up to 4 days.

Some had difficulty with finasteride after the fact since it may increase sensitivity to androgen receptors--that's only a theory.

However, there is one thing that is fairly certain, and that is DHT deprivation can weaken insulin sensitivity, which may explain why long term finasteride use ends up on complications.

http://care.diabetesjournals.org/cgi/content/full/24/12/2149

Of course, this entire program that we are using is to improve insulin sensitivity and decrease the factors that make DHT an inflammatory messenger.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Need4hair Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:54 pm

Wow, thanks guys for all the responses! I am so glad I found this place.

ChuckP I know, I did alot of reading posts over there too, alot of laser talk which seems interesting as well.

I will be posting here alot and look forward to getting to know you guys, again thanks. Very Happy

Need4hair

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:33 am

More accurately, a hypothesis IH. Smile But, one that certainly wouldn't surprise me!

Chuckp--nice soy dementia reference there, LOL.

Need4hair--

I am a frequent poster at Regrowth.com as well, with my posting focus largely in wounding and the laser helmets I build for people for hair loss or lasers in general. Smile

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  Need4hair Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:58 am

Good to know you nidhogge! How much do you charge for a laser helmet? I have been reading Regrowth and ALOT of positive posts by OMG and others.

Need4hair

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:34 am

Need4Hair--

I have been using mine to date for 2 months and 14 days, and my hair loss between that and the regime is completely arrested. I lose very little hair, and am getting (slowly) denser regrowth. At the 3-month mark is when you start to begin getting some noticeable visible results, and then at the 6-month, very visible. One-year, GREAT. Since hair is always in long, cyclical phases, one has to be patient and consistent with any treatment.

If you're interested in looking into a helmet, pricing, any questions you may have, etc. -- feel free to drop me a line at nidhogge(at)hotmail(dot)com!

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down