Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
hydrocele/varicocele and low testosterone EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
hydrocele/varicocele and low testosterone EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
hydrocele/varicocele and low testosterone EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
hydrocele/varicocele and low testosterone EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
hydrocele/varicocele and low testosterone EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
hydrocele/varicocele and low testosterone EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
hydrocele/varicocele and low testosterone EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
hydrocele/varicocele and low testosterone EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
hydrocele/varicocele and low testosterone EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

hydrocele/varicocele and low testosterone

3 posters

Go down

hydrocele/varicocele and low testosterone Empty hydrocele/varicocele and low testosterone

Post  fumanchu Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:15 am

Some of you might find this a little disgusting but...

To anybody who would know about this:

I have read hydroceles/varicoceles can cause a change in hormone levels. The FSH and LH goes high and testosterone levels go lower. This is due to testicular atrophy/limited blood flow and the testicle not functioning as it should.

Now, could this be a good explanation of hair loss or no?

fumanchu

Back to top Go down

hydrocele/varicocele and low testosterone Empty Re: hydrocele/varicocele and low testosterone

Post  phoenix21 Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:00 pm

I know this is a very old thread, (and somewhat gross) but ive been wondering about this myself.

I've had a varicocele since my early teens and had a urologist look at it at 16. He said basically not to worry about it unless it is causing a lot of discomfort and get it checked out again in early 20s (guess its that time again)

Ive never had FSH, LH or testosterone levels checked before, but maybe thats a good idea as well; I suppose the poor drainage of blood in that area could have an effect on testosterone.

My question is: Has anyone heard of effective varicocele treatment besides surgery? The research i've done on it indicates the surgery can be somewhat high risk, also expensive, so i'd like to avoid it if possible.

phoenix21

Back to top Go down

hydrocele/varicocele and low testosterone Empty Re: hydrocele/varicocele and low testosterone

Post  fumanchu Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:12 am

To this day, I haven't gotten a call from the hospital for me to come in and get surgery!!! I've had a hydrocele for over 2 years now. I'll be self aspirating soon, there's a great thread about it somewhere. Since people can't afford to do it in America right now. I'll tell my doctor all about it with a smirk on me face once I've done it. I'm through with getting $%&#ed like that. Though I don't think you can do the same to treat a varicocele.

fumanchu

Back to top Go down

Post  Just_A_Signal Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:22 pm

I have a recurring hydrocele and was told that I need not be concerned in any way.
Is it true that the hydrocele could be altering my hormone levels?
Should I get this fixed?

Just_A_Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  fumanchu Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:00 am

I don't think anybody really knows for sure. I recommend self-aspirating. Look it up and you'll find find the thread. People are doing it successfully and without any side effects. All you have to do is read up on disinfectant and such to make sure you're playing it safe.

The best thing you can do, i believe, is to find a doctor that will aspirate with a sclerosing agent. The agent aids in preventing the hydrocele from returning. If the first time won't do it, the second time has more chances. This might be a little tough to find, because doctors like to do the surgery now, but it is more prone to complications as well as a recurring hydrocele. If you live in the states and can't afford it, just aspirate yourself for now, it is suppose to be fairly painless. The fluid doesn't lie far from the surface, after all.

I would leave the sclerosing agent to the experts though.

fumanchu

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down