Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Copper Deficiency- MSM/Vit C Can Increases Inflammation, Glucosamine- negative effects on blood sugar... EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Copper Deficiency- MSM/Vit C Can Increases Inflammation, Glucosamine- negative effects on blood sugar... EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Copper Deficiency- MSM/Vit C Can Increases Inflammation, Glucosamine- negative effects on blood sugar... EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Copper Deficiency- MSM/Vit C Can Increases Inflammation, Glucosamine- negative effects on blood sugar... EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Copper Deficiency- MSM/Vit C Can Increases Inflammation, Glucosamine- negative effects on blood sugar... EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Copper Deficiency- MSM/Vit C Can Increases Inflammation, Glucosamine- negative effects on blood sugar... EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Copper Deficiency- MSM/Vit C Can Increases Inflammation, Glucosamine- negative effects on blood sugar... EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Copper Deficiency- MSM/Vit C Can Increases Inflammation, Glucosamine- negative effects on blood sugar... EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Copper Deficiency- MSM/Vit C Can Increases Inflammation, Glucosamine- negative effects on blood sugar... EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Copper Deficiency- MSM/Vit C Can Increases Inflammation, Glucosamine- negative effects on blood sugar...

+6
NevadaSmith
NYJets
Complexx
LA-Night
DM5
Paradox
10 posters

Go down

Copper Deficiency- MSM/Vit C Can Increases Inflammation, Glucosamine- negative effects on blood sugar... Empty Copper Deficiency- MSM/Vit C Can Increases Inflammation, Glucosamine- negative effects on blood sugar...

Post  Paradox Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:42 am

I have been taking MSM/Chondroitin/Glucosamine for a couple weeks now, and trying to figure out was causing this daily god-awful flatulence. I had a feeling it was the MSM so I left it out yesterday and had virtually no gas. I jumped on the internet today, and I found this article on mineral levels very interesting and informative: http://www.acu-cell.com/ses.html

I'm curious/concerned about the following:

*MSM and Vit C can increase inflammatory conditions in those with copper deficiency as it interferes with copper storage.
(Normally a good thing. I take about 90mg of Zinc picolinate daily, as well as copper- included in pill. I have recently been taking 2 grams of high quality vit C with bioflavonoids up to 4 times a day. Could I still be depleting too much copper? Am I remembering correctly that iodine also lowers copper?)

*Glucosamine sulfate can have negative effects on blood sugar levels.
(I suspect I'm hypoglycemic. I stay away from ALA for this reason. I have alcohol/sugar cravings, as well as fatigue. I'm trying to address the thyroid, adrenals, and blood sugar all at the same time with no lab test at the moment. I'm not sure what to do with supplements that lower blood sugar such as taurine, glucosamine, ALA, MSM.??)

*"Possible adverse effects of consuming higher amounts of sulfur-containing foods or supplements such
as Glucosamine Sulfate, MSM, Methionine, Taurine, Cysteine / Cystine... include diarrhea, flatulence,
or bloating, while a very small number of patients have complained of a "stomach burning" sensation.
"
(There seems to be the flatulence problem. I recently started taking taurine as well.)

*"With sulfur being a calcium and potassium antagonist, high supplemental intake of Glucosamine Sulfate
or MSM may worsen low calcium-related disorders such as insomnia, fatigue, anxieties, or bone loss,
and they may worsen low potassium-related cardiac, or renal / genitourinary conditions. Patients who
are prescribed potassium supplements (Slow K, K-Lyte...) should be aware that their potassium intake
will have to be adjusted (increased), depending on their MSM and Glucosamine Sulfate intake.
"
(I have always had a huge amount of anxiety, and pretty bad depression at times. I currently only supplement magnesium in addition to the multi- usually 600-800mg a day. I get my potassium in the form of bananas- crave them actually, which is a sign I need more Ka, and ACV once or twice a day. I don't drink milk or anything calcium fortified, and take no extra calcium, although I have been taking 4-8000ius vit-d a day. Should I be adding calcium and potassium? How much of each- i.e. what ratio?)

*"All body cells contain sulfur-containing compounds. Those of primary importance in nutrition include
Methionine, Cysteine, Homocysteine, Taurine, Chondroitin, Heparin, Fibrinogen, Thiamine, Biotin,
Lipoic acid, Coenzyme A, Glutathione, and inorganic sulfate.
A most important function of sulfur is its role in carbohydrate metabolism, where sulfur is a component
of insulin, the hormone secreted by the pancreas essential for carbohydrate metabolism. Low sulfur
can result in low insulin production, so adequate amounts of sulfur in the diet can help with diabetes.
"
(Again I'm confused about how much I should mess around with my blood sugar. The last thing I want to do is have self-induced sugar or alcohol binges!)

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Copper Deficiency- MSM/Vit C Can Increases Inflammation, Glucosamine- negative effects on blood sugar... Empty Re: Copper Deficiency- MSM/Vit C Can Increases Inflammation, Glucosamine- negative effects on blood sugar...

Post  DM5 Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:17 am

I was also found to be deficient in copper when I had a hair sample taken recently. Been megadosing on MSM for the last half year 4grams a day for allerigies, arthritis, hair, liver etc. I recently cut this down to about a 1gram to some days not taking it. Just wondering what sort of copper supplement is recommended? Or the best bioavailable? Thanks.
DM5
DM5

Back to top Go down

Copper Deficiency- MSM/Vit C Can Increases Inflammation, Glucosamine- negative effects on blood sugar... Empty Re: Copper Deficiency- MSM/Vit C Can Increases Inflammation, Glucosamine- negative effects on blood sugar...

Post  LA-Night Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:16 pm

Bump

I just started taking MSM & Taurine.

Paradox, any update on your experiences with supplements that lower blood sugar?

LA-Night

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:02 pm

LA,

I've been taking biotin for months now, as well as ALA, and chromium to some extent. It's hard to say how much they have helped because I drastically changed my diet as well, but I think I have definitely improved as far as having a more stable blood sugar level.

When I was tested many months ago my non-fasting glucose was on the low side. 6 or so months later my fasting blood glucose was good. I can't say how useful this is without a glucose challenge test really. I believe these things have a synergism and diet plays the largest role- no/low sugar.

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Complexx Fri May 02, 2014 2:58 pm

Bump... CS, Nid, anybody? What supplements can I take along with MSM to prevent any of what OP posted about? Should I even worry about this issue...? I mean, I've seen plenty of good reviews from people taking MSM.

I am currently looking to purchase Eckonia Cava and Decalcify and am currently taking Innerlight Supergreens powder and Krill Oil from Mercola (might switch supplier soon, idk) and am considering taking some chlorella that I purchased from Mercola as well. Oh, and I'm also looking for a good source of Vit.C (and maybe some niacin, too) as well. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Complexx on Fri May 02, 2014 6:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Post  NYJets Fri May 02, 2014 5:20 pm

Complexx it seems getting an accurate copper level reading is difficult. Some of us might be over or under methylating due to zinc copper imbalances.

If you're just looking to supplement copper that is another story.
NYJets
NYJets

Back to top Go down

Post  NevadaSmith Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:59 pm

Re: low copper levels.

I have an enlarged aorta and every year have to get an ultrasound to monitor it's status. I learned that men who get aortic aneurysms have low copper levels and that copper is essential for healthy blood vessels.  Therefore I suggest that anyone who has taken heavy doses of ascorbic acid or MSM for extended periods of time should supplement with copper and especially if your in your 60s or older you should get an echo-cardiogram of your heart and have your aorta checked. It might also be a good idea to have your copper levels checked once or twice a year. You don't want too much but neither do you want too little.  After supplementing for over a year my levels are 104 ug/dL with the normal reference range being 70-140 ug/dL. So I am a bit below the middle of normal range.

Since supplementing with copper my aorta has not gotten any larger.

If you want to take vitamin C instead of taking synthetic ascorbic acid you should take totally natural vitamin C which contains copper as part of the natural vitamin C molecule. Ascorbic acid is not complete vitamin C.  Three brands I am familiar with are Pure Radiance C Powder, Truly Natural Vitamin C, and Dr. Schulze's Vitamin C known as Super-C Plus.

Sorry since I am a new member I can't post links but the first two are found on Amazon and Dr. Schulze's products are found at HerbDoc (dot) com (click on "Nutritional" and you will find it on a list of his nutritional formulae.)

Last edited by NevadaSmith on Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:21 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Details on natural vitamin C.)

NevadaSmith

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:33 pm

After years of experiments, I believe MSM usueless for me.

Secondly, it must be taken with molybdenum.

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinobi Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:19 am

Very interesting, i already read somewhere in this forum that MSM is a bone weakner.

about methylation, keep in mind that we have to make difference between nucleus DNA where hypomethylation is a bad thing (make cell age faster since methylation is how they difference themselve) and mitochondria DNA where its the exact opposite: methylation is the bad thing ! since its linked directly to apopthosis !

NevadaSmith wrote:natural vitamin C which contains copper as part of the natural vitamin C molecule. Ascorbic acid is not complete vitamin C.  

About what are you speaking about ? Please explain from a chemistry point of view

Shinobi

Back to top Go down

Post  NYJets Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:40 am

iuyyighghghgkh wrote:After years of experiments, I believe MSM usueless for me.

source?
NYJets
NYJets

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:31 pm

NYJets wrote:
iuyyighghghgkh wrote:After years of experiments, I believe MSM usueless for me.

source?

I read somewhere it can deplete molybdenum

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  MikeBison Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:34 am

MSM gives me lower ejaculation volume and does nothing for my hair, however topical MSM sprayed on hair gives me hair thickness that almost looks healthy.

MikeBison

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:28 am

MSM made me feel weak.

perhaps it does weaken the bones.

or the detoxifaction was so strong it took minerals out my bones. i dont know

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaphod Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:40 am

Molydbenum takes care of different enzymes, as far as i know the more problematic with molydbenum deficiency is not sulfur metabolism, but alcohol via aldehyde dehydronase. Low copper is here does not help also...

Many candida people are deficient in sulfur, molydbenum cofactor, copper and zinc. Supplementing just one of those might not bring all needed puzzles to the picture...

If detoxing due killed infection or toxin migration; one cant feel very well...

Zaphod

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down