Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Curcumin Degrades Androgen Receptors EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Curcumin Degrades Androgen Receptors EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Curcumin Degrades Androgen Receptors EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Curcumin Degrades Androgen Receptors EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Curcumin Degrades Androgen Receptors EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Curcumin Degrades Androgen Receptors EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Curcumin Degrades Androgen Receptors EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Curcumin Degrades Androgen Receptors EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Curcumin Degrades Androgen Receptors EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Curcumin Degrades Androgen Receptors

+3
The Natural
Misirlou
LittleFighter
7 posters

Go down

Curcumin Degrades Androgen Receptors Empty Curcumin Degrades Androgen Receptors

Post  LittleFighter Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:38 am

"Androscience demonstrates that Curcumin Analogues degrade Androgen Receptors, having significant implications for the treatment of Androgenetic Alopecia. Curcumin has already been shown to be a potent 5 alpha reductase inhibitor in the classic animal model used to determine anti-androgenic activity-the hamster flank organ. Androgen receptor degradation would be an even more significant mechanism of action in regards to the treatment of Androgen mediated disorders."

---

Novel Anti-Prostate Cancer Curcumin Analogues that Enhance Androgen Receptor Degradation Activity.

Shi Q, Shih CC, Lee KH.

AndroScience Corporation, San Diego, CA, 91121 USA

The androgen receptor (AR) plays a crucial role in the physiological and pathological functions of androgen. As a transcription factor, the AR modulates androgen activity by regulating the transcription of target genes that are involved in numerous physiological functions and pathological disorders, such as acne vulgaris, androgenetic alopecia, benign prostate hyperplasia (BPH), and prostate cancers. Although many natural and synthetic curcumin analogues have been reported to possess anticancer activity through a common cytotoxic property against proliferating tumor cells, none has been reported to inhibit cancer cell growth through a more specific mechanism or target in the cancer cells. Recently, curcumin analogues were studied extensively regarding their synthesis, structure-activity (i.e., anticancer activity) relationships, and mechanism of action. These compounds, such as ASC-J9 and its analogues (3 and 4), have now been shown to inhibit prostate cancer proliferation through a novel mechanism of enhancing AR degradation.

Src: MPBR
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Curcumin Degrades Androgen Receptors Empty Re: Curcumin Degrades Androgen Receptors

Post  Misirlou Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:01 am

Do we know of any topical liquid buyable yet?

Which is the best supplement? I was thinking about this one: http://www.iherb.com/Life-Extension-Super-Curcumin-with-Bioperine-800-mg-60-Capsules/6700?at=0

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Curcumin Degrades Androgen Receptors Empty Re: Curcumin Degrades Androgen Receptors

Post  The Natural Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:50 am

Misirlou wrote:Do we know of any topical liquid buyable yet?

Which is the best supplement? I was thinking about this one: http://www.iherb.com/Life-Extension-Super-Curcumin-with-Bioperine-800-mg-60-Capsules/6700?at=0

Misirlou

I tried that stuff five or so years ago, and the bioperine made my stomach churn something awful Crying or Very sad

TN

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Post  hapyman Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:45 pm

I believe you can make a custom liposomal topical over at Elsom with turmeric or curcumin in it. One guy over at regrowth, the name escapes me, had pretty good results and that was one of the ingredients in his custom made topical. He said it reduced a lot of inflammation as well. I almost pulled the trigger on it but backed out. Not sure of any other topicals with curcumin in it.
hapyman
hapyman

Back to top Go down

Post  jksl Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:51 pm

I avoided using it as a topical ever since i read that Indian women use turmeric paste to remove hair. With that said, however, they use it to remove any unwanted facial hair. It's possible that it's able to do this by modulating the androgen receptors to some extent which might mean that it's actually good for the hair on the scalp. Just guessing. I'm still too scared to use it as a topical.
jksl
jksl

Back to top Go down

Post  hapyman Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:47 pm

Wow that is interesting. I just searched around for about 5 minutes and sure enough there are preparations to remove unwanted body hair. Most consist of CCO and Turmeric and you leave it on for a couple hours and rinse off. It is supposedly meant to slow hair growth over a long period of time.

This seems strange to me. CS, or anyone, do you know any reasons why curcuminoids would do this topically?
hapyman
hapyman

Back to top Go down

Post  Abhi Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:12 pm

Any anti androgen which is bad for body hair is good for scalp hair. Apply fin or dut topically on your beard or arm hair and they would most probably slow down growth in that area.
Abhi
Abhi

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:39 pm

I second Abhi, facial hair is androgen driven, while scalp hair is catagen drive by androgens. There's a study called the paradoxical actions of androgens on scalp and beard hair. Later in life, you hear about females growing more facial hair and this happens when they lose estrogen.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down