Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Which natural toothpaste do YOU use? EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Which natural toothpaste do YOU use? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Which natural toothpaste do YOU use? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Which natural toothpaste do YOU use? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Which natural toothpaste do YOU use? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Which natural toothpaste do YOU use? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Which natural toothpaste do YOU use? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Which natural toothpaste do YOU use? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Which natural toothpaste do YOU use? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Which natural toothpaste do YOU use?

+8
wrightfisher
pancacke
CausticSymmetry
Silverlin
hapyman
jksl
HanginInthere
Misirlou
12 posters

Go down

Which natural toothpaste do YOU use? Empty Which natural toothpaste do YOU use?

Post  Misirlou Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:44 pm

I've tried both Dr.Ken's maximum care (containing Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate?) and Nature's Gate whitening gel (containing Sodium lauryl sulfate = Not good?). Overall I'm looking for a really good toothpaste without chemicals or such..or some kind of toothpowder..not sure which solution is best for overall natural dental health.

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Which natural toothpaste do YOU use? Empty Re: Which natural toothpaste do YOU use?

Post  HanginInthere Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:43 pm

Colgate
isnt that natural?

HanginInthere

Back to top Go down

Which natural toothpaste do YOU use? Empty Re: Which natural toothpaste do YOU use?

Post  jksl Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:14 pm

I use NOW brand Xyliwhite toothpaste
jksl
jksl

Back to top Go down

Post  hapyman Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:06 am

I use Dr. Ken's mouthwash, which is nice and doesn't contain any abrasive ingredients but I use a different toothpaste.

I use J/A/S/O/N Powersmile.

Exclusive Natural Whiteners!

Vanilla Mint Toothpaste Fluoride Free toothpaste helps prevent the formation of cavity causing plaque buildup with Grapefruit Seed Extract, while freshening breath naturally with smooth Vanilla flavor followed by a kick of Peppermint, Silica and Sodium Bicarbonate (Baking Powder) are natural whiteners that aid in the removal of stains, promoting a beautiful smile. To ensure fresh breath all day long, follow with PowerSmile Super Refreshing Mouthwash.

Ingredients: Calcium Carbonate, Aqua (Purified Water), Vegetable Glycerin, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan), Vanilla Planifolia (Vanilla) Oil, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint), Oil, Stevioside, Camellia Sinensis (White Tea) Leaf Extract, Illicium Verum (Anise) Oil Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Gel*, Perilla Ocymoides (Perilla) Seed Extract, Silica, Sodium Bicarbonate.

* Certified Organic

Free Of Fluoride
hapyman
hapyman

Back to top Go down

Post  Silverlin Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:31 am

I use miessence toothpaste, love it! It really makes your teeth feel clean especially when compared to glycerin added toothpastes. All their products are generally really good. I also use their deodorant as it is aluminium free.

http://miorganicproducts.com/bodycare/mint_toothpaste.php

Though if you want your teeth whiter use some food grade hydrogen peroxide as a mouth wash(1.5%) and that will do the trick, well it did for me! Or alternatively there is oil pulling.
Silverlin
Silverlin

Back to top Go down

Post  jksl Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:58 pm

Silverlin wrote:I use miessence toothpaste, love it! It really makes your teeth feel clean especially when compared to glycerin added toothpastes. All their products are generally really good. I also use their deodorant as it is aluminium free.

http://miorganicproducts.com/bodycare/mint_toothpaste.php

Though if you want your teeth whiter use some food grade hydrogen peroxide as a mouth wash(1.5%) and that will do the trick, well it did for me! Or alternatively there is oil pulling.

That looks like a pretty good toothpaste. I think i'll try that one next. I usually just use baking soda and some sea salt to brush my teeth, but i'll use toothpaste when i'm in a hurry or when i'm lazy.
jksl
jksl

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:56 pm

Silverlin - That sounds like great stuff, I'll give it a try also.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Silverlin Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:40 pm

CS - It really is the best toothpaste I've used to date. Its not at all abrasive like baking soda, has a very slight whitening effect, plus it leaves your teeth feeling ACTUALLY clean. Also as a bonus all of miessences products are certified organic.

All my life I thought I knew what clean teeth felt like, thats untill I used a non glycerin toothpaste.
Silverlin
Silverlin

Back to top Go down

Post  jksl Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:57 pm

have you tried the other flavours? Are they any good as well?
jksl
jksl

Back to top Go down

Post  Silverlin Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:10 pm

I personally prefer the mint best. I have tried the others with lemon being my second favourite, but let me warn you, unless your tastebuds are into anise then i wouldn't buy it. I almost gaged on the stuff when I first tried it and being the tight ass I am I actually forced myself to get use to it so I could finish the container. And now i don't think anise is soo bad lol but definitely mint is your safest bet.
Silverlin
Silverlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Misirlou Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:13 pm

Is use of hydrogen peroxide in mouth wash(1.5%) for dental whitening really safe? I would prefer oil pulling, would coconut oil be good enough?

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Post  Silverlin Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:06 pm

Misirlou - From what I've read food grade hydrogen peroxide diluted to 1.5% is very safe. For what its worth i've seen a hydrogen peroxide products sold specifically as a mouthwash, even in mint flavour!.

From personal experience coconut oil wasn't that effective compared to sunflower oil or seseame oil, though it did help somewhat.
Silverlin
Silverlin

Back to top Go down

Post  pancacke Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:52 am

Quick question to CS:
I read you rinse your teeth with saltwater after meals. Minerals loosen up while eating and brushing after meals hinders them from returning to the teeth. Has rinsing with water and salt the same effect? Also how long do you rinse, and do you rinse with pure water afterwards?

pancacke

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:27 am

pancacke - It's a little different actually. After meals I usually rinse with plain water. Although for some time I was brushing my teeth with salt. Also, I've tried a number of different ideas presented on this forum.

At one time I had a concern about glycerin in toothpastes, because of a negative report by a dental expert. This information was later challenged by a natural dentist who has practiced for a very long time and has had great results using salt water or baking soda.

Ultimately, I decided to go back to my old glycerin toothpaste that contains xylitol and baking soda. I found this to be a lot more convenient and more desirable taste wise than salt, especially in a hurry.

http://www.iherb.com/Now-Foods-XyliWhite-Toothpaste-Gel-Platinum-Mint-6-4-oz-181-g/11465?at=0

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:29 am

pancacke - Regarding the mineral question, unfortunately, I do not know, but it seems doubtful that brushing with salt presents any problem at all. Also, it has a very good history and result with use.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  pancacke Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:01 am

Thanks CS,
I use the same toothpase as Silverlin and I think it's pretty good. What I want is switching to not brushing at all Smile I alway brush to hard and my gums get irritated
But preventing plague from forming without brushing will be difficult.

pancacke

Back to top Go down

Post  wrightfisher Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:47 pm

I used Weleda is a toothpaste, it was ok nothing special. It is very fresh smell of mint. I prefer Colgate toothpaste because they are well balanced and gives the teeth with a fluoride toothpaste but also much cleaner.

wrightfisher

Back to top Go down

Post  randle20 Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:23 am

What do you guys think about Dental herb? These are the ingredients.

Tooth & Gums Toothpaste - 4 oz. tube, very refreshing. Once you've used this, it will be very hard to go back to toothpaste full of chemicals and artificial sweetner. No sodium lauryl sulfate (foaming agent).
Ingredients are calcium carbonate, deionized water, vegetable glycerine, titanium dioxide, sodium carrageenan, kaolin, gum cellulose, extracts of echinacea aungustofolia, echinacea purpurea, gotu kola, green tea, pure essential oils of peppermint, red thyme, cinnamon bark, eucalyptus globulus and lavender, plant saponins.

I buy it from my dentist at a wrenching cost of 14.00 a tube. Is it not worth it? Im thinking of either trying the stuff CS tries or Silverlin uses.

http://www.dentalherbcompany.com/
randle20
randle20

Back to top Go down

Post  pancacke Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:24 am

I would avoid toothpaste with fluorid. It's toxic and does little for your teeth. On the other hand I was a fan of elmex-gel for a long time. It's basicly pure fluorid that you use once a week only, you massage it in and don't floss afterwards. Some of my teeth were 'sensitiv' when chewing food and fluoride helped with this....don't know why though

pancacke

Back to top Go down

Post  randle20 Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:44 am

Pancake,

Are you saying that the natural toothpaste I use from Dental Herb is harmful because it contains Green Tea extract which they advertise to be a natural source of flouride?
randle20
randle20

Back to top Go down

Post  dannyroddy Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:05 am

Baking soda and hydrogen peroxide works well and lasts forever.
dannyroddy
dannyroddy

Back to top Go down

Post  pancacke Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:22 pm

No i meant wrightfisher, because of the colgate..

pancacke

Back to top Go down

Post  AboDi Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:12 pm

guys , is this any good ?

http://www.goodnessdirect.co.uk/cgi-local/frameset/detail/832723_AloeDent_Triple_Action_Toothpaste_100ml.html

AboDi

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:09 am

I alternate between ecodent and tooth soap - which are kinds natural..

However, I've seen a new cavity at my last visit, and one of my teeth chipped, that I want to put a stop to any new ones and YES i want to fill up any existing ones... so I am looking for solutions to re-enamel to make the teeth stronger.

I am considering getting MI Paste which helps re-enameling, but it is not natural..

Quote from amazon:
RECALDENTTM (CPP-ACP) technology releases the calcium and phosphate when a patient's saliva is acid challenged by the normal digestive process.

There's another brands that has "NovaMin" .. it sounds great but all the pastes have Fluoride.

NovaMin contains elements naturally found in the body including calcium, phosphorus, sodium and silica. The chemical name for NovaMin is Calcium Sodium Phosphosilicate. NovaMin releases fully active calcium and phosphorus ions when in contact with water. This provides a higher concentration of the same ions that are naturally found in saliva. After brushing, NovaMin particles adhere to the tooth surface and continues to release ions for hours afterward.
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down