Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Mycotoxins in breakfast cereals from the Canadian retail market: a 3-year survey EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Mycotoxins in breakfast cereals from the Canadian retail market: a 3-year survey EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Mycotoxins in breakfast cereals from the Canadian retail market: a 3-year survey EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Mycotoxins in breakfast cereals from the Canadian retail market: a 3-year survey EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Mycotoxins in breakfast cereals from the Canadian retail market: a 3-year survey EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Mycotoxins in breakfast cereals from the Canadian retail market: a 3-year survey EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Mycotoxins in breakfast cereals from the Canadian retail market: a 3-year survey EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Mycotoxins in breakfast cereals from the Canadian retail market: a 3-year survey EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Mycotoxins in breakfast cereals from the Canadian retail market: a 3-year survey EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Mycotoxins in breakfast cereals from the Canadian retail market: a 3-year survey

4 posters

Go down

Mycotoxins in breakfast cereals from the Canadian retail market: a 3-year survey Empty Mycotoxins in breakfast cereals from the Canadian retail market: a 3-year survey

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:04 pm

Wheat products of all kinds should be avoided for the sake of our hair.

In some degree, many of us suffer from an intolerance of wheat/gluten products and not even know it. Studies suggest that eating wheat and/or gluten products increase prolactin production. This is not good for two reasons, one excess prolactin increases DHT and second, prolactin is a hair loss target (delays anagen and induces catagen stages).

In one study, there was a high number of children with celiac disease with hyperprolactinemia who eat wheat products.
Elevated prolactin is often correlated to hypothyroidism. Having an accumulation of estrogen in the body will only make prolactin production greater, a perfect recipe for low thyroid function.

It shouldn't be a surprise either that of the grains products, wheat elevates glucose and insulin levels for a protracted period of time. I know at least one group of primitives who eat zero grain products and yet had full heads of hair into old age.

Today the male species are suffering from an unprecedented growth in accumulation of estrogens, which not only bring down testosterone levels, but induce insulin resistance. This is a real primer for more DHT.

I'm not sure if it's the mycotoxins in wheat or the gluten that is causing the problem, but this problem is not limited to men as it appears they can bring on endometriosis. Quite a number of autoimmune diseases are brought about by consumption of wheat/gluten, so if we are to assume that hair loss is an autoimmune disease it would make sense given that it can also affect thyroid function, insulin resistance, prolactin, estrogen and intestinal absorption of proteins and some vitamins.

Here's some more information I'll tag on to this below.

Food Addit Contam Part A Chem Anal Control Expo Risk Assess. 2008 Mar;25(3):347-55.
Mycotoxins in breakfast cereals from the Canadian retail market: a 3-year survey.
Roscoe V, Lombaert GA, Huzel V, Neumann G, Melietio J, Kitchen D, Kotello S, Krakalovich T, Trelka R, Scott PM.

Health Canada, Health Products and Food, Manitoba and Saskatchewan Region, Winnipeg, MB, R2J 3Y1, Canada.

One hundred and fifty-six samples of breakfast cereals were collected from the Canadian retail marketplace over a 3-year period. The samples were analysed for the mycotoxins deoxynivalenol, nivalenol, HT-2 toxin, zearalenone, ochratoxin A, and fumonisins B1 and B2 to contribute to dietary exposure estimates in support of the development of Canadian guidelines for selected mycotoxins in foods. The samples included corn-, oat-, wheat- and rice-based cereals, as well as mixed-grain cereals, and were primarily from North American processors. Overall, deoxynivalenol was the most frequently detected mycotoxin--it was detected in over 40% of all samples analysed. Fumonisins and ochratoxin A were each detected in over 30% of all samples. Zearalenone was detected in over 20% of all samples. Nivalenol and HT-2 toxin were each detected in only one sample. The survey clearly demonstrated regular occurrence of low levels of multiple mycotoxins in breakfast cereals on the Canadian market.

This abstract link below shows how deoxynivalenol affects human intestinal absorption.

http://jn.nutrition.org/cgi/content/abstract/132/9/2723

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Mycotoxins in breakfast cereals from the Canadian retail market: a 3-year survey Empty Re: Mycotoxins in breakfast cereals from the Canadian retail market: a 3-year survey

Post  fritzenburg Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:53 pm

Ok,

I have been avoiding wheat/starch/grains for approx 3 weeks.

I want to know if these things are safe: Chickpea, almond flour, oats,

I miss potato chips like nobody's business...any one have a nice alternative?

fritz

fritzenburg

Back to top Go down

Mycotoxins in breakfast cereals from the Canadian retail market: a 3-year survey Empty Re: Mycotoxins in breakfast cereals from the Canadian retail market: a 3-year survey

Post  kijumn Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:32 am

Good info. Here's an interesting article.

Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, Diabetes Increases Linked to
Fertilizer Use, Increased Fast Food & Processed Foods Sales

Researchers at Rhode Island Hospital
found that increased exposure to nitrates,
nitrites and nitrosamines in processed
foods and in the environment have
a substantial link to increased death rates
from certain age-related diseases.
The researchers noted that the role of
nitrosamines has been well-studied, and
their role as a carcinogen has been fully
documented. They propose that the cellular
changes that occur as a result of
nitrosamine exposure are “fundamentally
similar to those that occur with aging, as
well as Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s and
Type 2 diabetes mellitus”.
Suzanne De la Monte, M.D., M.P.H.,
of Rhode Island Hospital, who is also a
professor of pathology and lab medicine
at the Warren Alpert Medical School of
Brown University, led the researchers
and was quoted as saying “We have become
a nitrosamine generation.”
The study authors said the time span
involved in the increased rates of Alzheimer
’s, Parkinson’s, and diabetes cannot
be explained on the basis of gene
mutations and instead fit the classic
trends of exposure-related disease. The
study authors said it is “conceivable that
chronic exposure to low levels of nitrites
and nitrosamines through processed
foods, water and fertilizers is responsible
for the current epidemics of these diseases
and the increasing mortality rates
associated with them.”
“All of these diseases are associated
with increased insulin resistance and
DNA damage,” De la Monte said. She
continued that “because there has been a
relatively short time interval associated
with the dramatic shift in disease incidence
and prevalence rates, we believe
this is due to exposure-related rather than
genetic etiologies”.
Of the nitrites and nitrates that have
been tested, more than 90% have been
determined to be carcinogenic in various
organs. They are found in many food
products, including fried bacon, cured
meats and cheese products as well as
beer and water. Exposure also occurs
through manufacturing and processing of
rubber and latex products, fertilizers,
pesticides and cosmetics.
The findings indicate that while nitrogen-
containing fertilizer consumption
increased by 230% between 1955 and
2005, its usage doubled between 1960
and 1980, which just precedes the insulin-
resistant epidemics the researchers
found. They also found sales from the
fast food chains and the meat processing
companies increased more than 8-fold
from 1970 to 2005, and grain consumption
increased 5-fold.
“If this hypothesis is correct, potential
solutions include eliminating the use
of nitrites and nitrates in food processing,
preservation and agriculture; taking
steps to prevent the formation of nitrosamines
and employing safe and effective
measures to detoxify food and water before
human consumption,” Dr. De la
Monte said. Study published in the Journal
of Alzheimer’s Disease, July 2009.
Editor: Given the reports from various
types of health experts of Real
Willard’s Water’s detoxifying abilities ,
we wonder if regular use of it may help
to eliminate some of these toxins.
We’d really like to see this possibility
tested, so if anyone out there knows
how to get that

http://www.willardswater.com/newsletters/AugustSept09WebVersion.pdf
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:29 pm

jdp710 - That was very interesting and it makes good sense. I've been really intrigued with a natural substance called L-3-n-butylphthalide and it offers potent protection against, nitrosative & oxidative stress.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  kijumn Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:54 am

Thanks for the info CausticSymmetry.

Yeah, I read that study and it sounds interesting. I think I may buy some as I noticed it will also lower cholesterol.

I was looking for sources of L-3-n-butylphthalide and came across Celery Seed Extract. Do you know if a good source of L-3-n-butylphthalide is celery seed extract ... something like this

http://www.iherb.com/Natural-Factors-Celery-Seed-Extract-60-Capsules/2710?at=0

Thanks again.
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

Post  tsnany115 Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:42 pm

Hi all, I am a new member of forum

simulation credit auto comparatif voiture taux pret automobile financiers ont mis à la disposition des particuliers la simulation crédit auto simulation credit auto comparatif voiture taux pret automobile

tsnany115

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down