Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
pasteurized milk haters! - Question for u.. EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
pasteurized milk haters! - Question for u.. EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
pasteurized milk haters! - Question for u.. EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
pasteurized milk haters! - Question for u.. EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
pasteurized milk haters! - Question for u.. EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
pasteurized milk haters! - Question for u.. EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
pasteurized milk haters! - Question for u.. EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
pasteurized milk haters! - Question for u.. EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
pasteurized milk haters! - Question for u.. EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

pasteurized milk haters! - Question for u..

4 posters

Go down

pasteurized milk haters! - Question for u.. Empty pasteurized milk haters! - Question for u..

Post  Misirlou Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:45 pm

Avoid pasteurized milk, that was the message and YES, it has been followed for several weeks now. What do you guys think of cottage cheese then? Is this OK to eat in large quantities?

I would like to end this message with a propaganda link from the FDA: http://www.fda.gov/fdac/features/2004/504_milk.html

Raw milk advocates claim that unprocessed milk is healthier because pasteurization destroys nutrients and the enzymes necessary to absorb calcium. It also kills beneficial bacteria and is associated with allergies, arthritis, and other diseases, they say.

This is simply not the case, says Sheehan. Research has shown that there is no significant difference in the nutritional value of pasteurized and unpasteurized milk, he says. The caseins, the major family of milk proteins, are largely unaffected, and any modification in whey protein that might occur is barely perceptible.

bounce

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

pasteurized milk haters! - Question for u.. Empty Re: pasteurized milk haters! - Question for u..

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:55 am

Cottage cheese isn't so bad, not a concern.

Pasteurized milk is incredibly inferior and whoever that Sheehan is hasn't a clue.

For example, check out what the users have reported of the Raw milk obtained with this product:

http://www.organicpastures.com/testimonials.html

What Sheehan is saying to "back up" pasteurized milk is a political answer. For reasons unknown, the government on many levels as made repeated attacks to producers of raw milk for decades. An excellent book on raw vs pasteurized milk is can be looked at here:

http://www.westonaprice.org/bookreviews/milk_book.html

Regarding the FDA, ("Federal Death Assocation") is incapable of making rational decisions to protect out health, and by their own admission:

Please read this:

http://www.fda.gov/ohrms/dockets/AC/07/briefing/2007-4329b_02_01_FDA%20Report%20on%20Science%20and%20Technology.pdf

Or here is a summary of what it says:

1) The FDA cannot fulfill its
mission because its scientific base
has eroded and its scientific
organizational structure is weak.

2) The FDA cannot fulfill its
mission because its scientific
workforce does not have
sufficient capacity and capability.

3) The FDA cannot fulfill its mission
because its information technology
(IT) infrastructure is inadequate.

4) FDA does not have the capacity
to ensure the safety of food for
the nation.

5) The development of medical
products based on “new science”
cannot be adequately regulated
by the FDA.

6) There is insufficient capacity in
modeling risk assessment and
analysis.

7) The FDA science agenda lacks a
coherent structure and vision, as
well as effective coordination
and prioritization.

Cool The FDA has substantial recruitment
and retention challenges.

9) The FDA has an inadequate and
ineffective program for scientist
performance.

10) The FDA has not taken
sufficient advantage of external
and internal collaborations.

11) The FDA lacks the information
science capability and information
infrastructure to fulfill is
regulatory mandate.

12) The FDA cannot provide the
information infrastructure
support to regulate products
based on new science.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

pasteurized milk haters! - Question for u.. Empty Re: pasteurized milk haters! - Question for u..

Post  Luxuriate Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:42 pm

My body is anti milk full stop

My uncle owns a dairy, and I can drink straight from the vat. Lovely stuff, but it still makes me itch and flake. I could try to drink straight from the source I suppose, but I worry the cow might fall on me. Certainly not to be even contemplated with a bull. No! Stop thinking about it!

I can drink a coffee with a drop of milk in it and it still makes me itch/flake a little. Of course a little is better than a lot.

Cheese is often worse for me, and sometimes not too bad, depending on the type. Avoiding altogether helps. Yogurt is lovely, but again, it kills me.

I can drink unsweetened soy milk until the cows come home. No problem at all and I'm pretty sure it has no negative effect on my skin and hair, despite the estrogen concern.

So I guess its just a matter of test it and see

Lux

Luxuriate

Back to top Go down

Post  Luxuriate Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:51 pm

Wow, that FDA doc is candidly honest

I always thought the US was full of shit when it came to NGOs. I used to work for the MAFF (Ministry of ag fisheries and foods) and they kept pretty shtum about such problems even though most people knew the problems.

Anyway, as you know I think any problems with drugs and the FDA will be related more to cockups more than conspiracies. I'll have to admit, I'll certainly be sticking with the UK recommendations on drug safety.

Cheers
Lux

Luxuriate

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:33 am

A doc I talk to said that those who are intelligent in the FDA go on to real good-paying careers in the medical field, and those who aren't intelligent enough, stick in the FDA and rely heavily on lobby money.

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  Luxuriate Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:39 pm

Now you're making it sound attractive! I'd stick with working with the FDA in that case, cockups or no.Smile

Lux

Luxuriate

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:01 am

Not money in their pockets, money to be able to perform as an agency. Though, I'm sure bribes are commonplace, but who knows.

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:40 am

I found some startling statistics on the FDA in terms of how many were tied to pharmaceutical companies. If I find it, will post, but it was disturbing.

Also, I have found ominous parallels between drug approvals and attempts and successes at banning natural substances.

Of course, since the majority rely on the news media to supply ineffectual information, they will remain asleep.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:55 am

Eyed wide shut...you go and try to tell them the truth, they tell you you're a conspiracy nut. Morons.

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down