Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Too many anti-inflammatories / anti-oxidants? EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Too many anti-inflammatories / anti-oxidants? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Too many anti-inflammatories / anti-oxidants? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Too many anti-inflammatories / anti-oxidants? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Too many anti-inflammatories / anti-oxidants? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Too many anti-inflammatories / anti-oxidants? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Too many anti-inflammatories / anti-oxidants? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Too many anti-inflammatories / anti-oxidants? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Too many anti-inflammatories / anti-oxidants? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Too many anti-inflammatories / anti-oxidants?

2 posters

Go down

Too many anti-inflammatories / anti-oxidants? Empty Too many anti-inflammatories / anti-oxidants?

Post  ataman Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:09 am

CS, I have a question about antioxidants / anti-inflammatories. Taking large amounts of these seem to me to be a very fundamental part of a natural hair-gain regimen. My understanding is that EC, Tocotrienols, ALA, and others, all work on the basis of stopping hair-loss by inhibiting or cutting down on the inflammatory response caused by DHT (I realise they also have other benefits).

However I have read that generally speaking it is possible to take too many anti-oxidants, and that oxidation is a vital process. Is this the same for inflammation? Does this play a necessary part in the functioning of the body, and do you believe you can also take too many anti-inflammatories?

Thanks mate

ataman

Back to top Go down

Too many anti-inflammatories / anti-oxidants? Empty Re: Too many anti-inflammatories / anti-oxidants?

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:40 am

ataman - Over the years there have been some scattered reports on studies, especially in mice where an antioxidant effect would have a negative outcome. This is due to their redox system or oxidation-reduction maybe balanced different in some systems than humans. Usually some antioxidants have biphasic effects such as vitamin C. For example, if large amounts of vitamin C are taken (and this is typically done through intravenous administration) it has a proxidant side used to kill off microbes or cancer cells. Over 10 grams of Vitamin C will increase the ability of our white cells to secrete hydrogen peroxide which is effective against various invasions. Variety is good on antioxidants because they have different mechanisms.

In MPB there is a shortage of endogenous antioxidants, but this is the case in a variety of disease states. The pro-oxidant bathed vegetable oils that are found in all kinds of processed foods these days only makes the need for antioxidants even greater.

What about anti-inflammatories?

The only "bad" inflammatory substances are the drugs, such as Enbrel and Remicade for example. These are tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNF-a) blockers. Instead of inhibiting inflammation under specific tissue responses or under other conditions, it will turn off the protein which has an important use. These drugs are incredibly dangerous. There's there's the more popular OTC anti-inflammatory drugs like Tylenol (acetaminophen) and Ibuprofen. These have serious risks if they are improperly used and there are well over 10,000 deaths a year in the USA from acetaminophen alone.

If the FDA (Federal Death Avocates) had any excuse to ban a natural anti-inflammatory they would do it. All it would take is a few people to die. Sorry for the rant, to answer your question, natural anti-inflammatories tend to be quite safe even in large amounts. The reason is that they are more flexible in their actions, working with the body system instead of in spite of it.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Too many anti-inflammatories / anti-oxidants? Empty Re: Too many anti-inflammatories / anti-oxidants?

Post  ataman Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:22 am

Thanks mate, good to know Smile

ataman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down