Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Who wants to try this PAINFUL experiment? EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Who wants to try this PAINFUL experiment? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Who wants to try this PAINFUL experiment? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Who wants to try this PAINFUL experiment? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Who wants to try this PAINFUL experiment? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Who wants to try this PAINFUL experiment? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Who wants to try this PAINFUL experiment? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Who wants to try this PAINFUL experiment? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Who wants to try this PAINFUL experiment? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Who wants to try this PAINFUL experiment?

5 posters

Go down

Who wants to try this PAINFUL experiment? Empty Who wants to try this PAINFUL experiment?

Post  pancacke Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:18 am

I want to test this method and see if it brings regrowth, but due to having to work with people everyday it's not convenient atm. -I need guinea pigs, I NEED YOU!
Good news is this is 100% free and pretty much safe.
The method involves stinging nettles, and we won't be making tea with it ;)

The theory behind it is similar to a lot of the rubbing, massaging stuff peeps write about on this board.
With all those techniques the goal is not primarily to induce blood flow for 5 minutes, but to induce growth factors that PERMANENTLY improve bloodflow by growing more/bigger vessels, aka angiogenesis.
VEGF drives angiogenesis and histamine upregulates VEGF: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1573073/
When you get stung by a stinging nettle the reddness and itching is a histamine reaction.

So if you feel brave, pick some wild stinging nettles(Urtica urens L. are best) and poke your bald spots by rubbing the underside of the leaves in direction from tip to stem. My plan is to use it generously on my secret corners once a day, 5 days a week.

If you think this is not enough....not enough pain, not enough regrowth gains.....don't worry I got you bro
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27040904

pancacke

Back to top Go down

Who wants to try this PAINFUL experiment? Empty Re: Who wants to try this PAINFUL experiment?

Post  imprisoned-radical Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:32 pm

Wow - there's someone that has not posted in years! How are you doing pancacke.

imprisoned-radical

Back to top Go down

Who wants to try this PAINFUL experiment? Empty Re: Who wants to try this PAINFUL experiment?

Post  1alexie Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:37 pm

I think I'll pass, my pain tolerance is low. Have you tried it yourself?

1alexie

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:25 am

I'm interested but will wait a bit, I don't think I've ever even seen stinging nettle leaves at a store in leaf form.

johndoe1225

Back to top Go down

Post  pancacke Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:35 am

Howdy radical, I'm doing pretty good how about you? Yeah I stopped posting as my interest shifted more towards brain hacking and general health. Though I keep coming across stuff that reminds me of this very interesting beloved subculture here ;)

1alexie -I got stung countless times in my life but never tried it for regrowth. Little kids get stung all the time and it's not bad at all.  I wrote this already above, but the effect of this should be multiples stronger than any massaging, brushing technique.

Johndoe, You need to pick them in the wild, shops don't have them with stingers intact. If they are not everywhere outside where you live, you may not be able to do this experiment :/

pancacke

Back to top Go down

Post  pancacke Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:33 am

Some more of my theories, only read if you're bored:

As we all know when you're balding, hair becomes gradually thinner. No matter what the root cause, likely a chain of reactions, probably involving inflammation and calcification, leads to less bloodflow to the hair follicle.
There's an interesting theory on pubmed about DHT. The author argues that increased DHT is actually a mechanism trying to save your hair growth(remember that axillary hair etc. grows from DHT) but at the same time DHT decreases the fat in your scalp. That leaves you with less of a cushion against the tension of your scalp, leading to less bloodflow and faster thinning.....this results in a viscous cycle.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4174066/

You can stop hair loss in various ways but regrowth comes down to rebuilding vessels to bring nutrients to the follicle. Temporarly inducing bloodflow with massages or rubbing is not enough....it does change growth factors but only on a very subtle level.
Supplements and lifestyle changes fall short as well. Exercise does increase VEGF but it's not targeted to a specific area and way too mild...otherwise exercise would make cancers grow massivly.
Topicals could work in theory but, you need to find a delivery vehicle that penetrates the epidermal barrier and doesn't get absorbed into systemic circulation in no time and find medication/herbs etc. that raise grwoth factors in significant ammounts. (Minoxidil actually does increase VEGF at the follicle)

I read some studies on fat scaffold grafting. They are experimenting with techniques to make rejection of the grafts less likely. The key is to induce angiogenesis via growth factors like VEGF. Interesting sidenote is that TRANSIENT inflammation and hypoxia are really good for inducing angiogenesis.
Anyway there are very few practical ways to do this. The stinging nettle experiment is one I can see as actually doable by anyone. Bee venom is another one(link in first post), then there is PEMF(raises other growth factors and induces angiogenesis. There are one or two threads on this already on the forum) and the last one is a mechanical technique to induce transient hypoxia but it's not convenient at all and requires some clever engeniering.

One last solution for regrowth I can see, but this is far fetched. If you search for Becker in this forum, there was a lot of discussion on this board years ago. He basically had a machine that would turn fibroblasts into stem cells by silver ion induction. He made people regrow their fingers and other incredible stuff.(this may sound like quackery, but he is very much legit. He was a very high positioned surgeon for difficult to heal fractures and he has photo proof of dozens of cases)
https://patents.google.com/patent/US5814094A/en
Back then we argued how to build his machine to get similar effects and exploit it for regrowth purposes. Not so long ago, doctors in Australia actually began producing his machine according to his patent and even improving it. They confirmed the efficiency for infections and also for reversing chronic scarring among other things.
Anyone can buy it now for I believe ~2k
https://siselectromed.com/
As good as it sounds, we don't know if those kind of stem cells will help with regrowth. Plenty of articles on pubmed that use adipose derived stem cells and found good success.
I have the machine btw. but haven't tried it. The reason being is that you need to shave your head and wear the thing day and night.

That's all.

pancacke

Back to top Go down

Post  AlexisG Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:45 pm

To be honest, I'm interested, but I'm not sure that I am ready to try it.
AlexisG
AlexisG

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down