Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
What’s the final verdict on DT? EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
What’s the final verdict on DT? EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
What’s the final verdict on DT? EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
What’s the final verdict on DT? EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
What’s the final verdict on DT? EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
What’s the final verdict on DT? EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
What’s the final verdict on DT? EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

» IH Regimen
What’s the final verdict on DT? EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 4:25 pm by CF

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
What’s the final verdict on DT? EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 11:16 am by MikeGore

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

What’s the final verdict on DT?

+4
sizzlinghairs
Ho Chi Minh
long hair
Jimbosteve88
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What’s the final verdict on DT? Empty What’s the final verdict on DT?

Post  Jimbosteve88 Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:57 am

Hey guys, what’s your final verdict on detumescence? How did you find Henry Choy’s explanation on baldness? Has anyone gotten results, and have proper pictures of thier gains.

Jimbosteve88

Back to top Go down

What’s the final verdict on DT? Empty Re: What’s the final verdict on DT?

Post  long hair Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:25 am

Jimbosteve88 wrote:Hey guys, what’s your final verdict on detumescence? How did you find Henry Choy’s explanation on baldness? Has anyone gotten results, and have proper pictures of thier gains.

it works ..calcification /fibrosis is what causes your hair loss , do intense DT as a daily basic treatment am sure with dedication it will help break calcification .
i dont have pics but believe me if i know about DT when i started losing hair i wouldn't be bald now What a Face .
long hair
long hair

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimbosteve88 Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:53 pm

Thanks for the reply. If it works, why can’t you regrow hair now, after you’ve gone bald?

Jimbosteve88

Back to top Go down

Post  long hair Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:01 pm

my hair is grow but the density/thickness is not enough for people to see my hair , i see this hair when i close the mirror so unless it cover my scalp i will consider my self bald.
long hair
long hair

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimbosteve88 Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:57 pm

Brilliant, are you still continuing to have regrowth? I’m not focussing on pushing down on my scalp now. The main thing for me atm, is to get the top part of my scalp (galea region) as loose as possible. I’m carefully but firmly pushing my scalp together and stretching it. I have given myself a year to see how loose it can get. Toms scalp exercises have helped me by letting me know when my scalp is being pulled forward if I’m frowning, this has also got rid of the lines on my forehead. It’s hard work to try and keep the scalp in a relaxed state. I’m optimistic about the causes of baldness but no one can deny that the galea seems to get affected and it gets really tight. Has anyone here with mpb gone bald with a loose scalp?

Jimbosteve88

Back to top Go down

Post  long hair Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:10 pm

my regrowth is on and off ..some times i have a fast regrowth rate makes me believe i will have a full head of hair in a few months but after a week or so regrowth would be halted even while keep with the same treatment and same effort ..may be growth cycle or internal hidden factors ,the good news my new hair remains and stay ready for the next stages of regrowth ,i dont really understand it but it happened all the time with my hair.
long hair
long hair

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimbosteve88 Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:05 am

Hmm... interesting. Can you think of anything that maybe you’re doing differently when you get fast regrowth? Diet etc. This is a bit taboo, personal and you don’t have to answer. Is this a period of time abstaining? (Feels strange asking that, but there’s so many posts on the net about quality of hair changing whilst abstaining. It could be part of the puzzle). How does your scalp feel, is it tight? The more positive and helpful people are the better we can understand this. Has anyone else got anything to add?

Jimbosteve88

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimbosteve88 Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:19 am

This to me sounds like what’s happening. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4639964/#!po=73.2759
I’m going to try and get my scalp as loose as it was once before then focus on breaking the fibrosis down. Can anyone find the study on the effects Botox had on male baldness? I can’t find it on the net anymore. I can’t remeber what the outcome of it was, i think there was hair regrowth.

Jimbosteve88

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:34 am

I have managed to stall, and with diligence, regrow hair without DT.
I shudder to think of the potential damage caused to the blood vessels of the skull exposed to repeated pinching and mechanical pressure over a prolonged period.
I would not suggest applying force to any blood vessels in the body. Madness.

Back to top Go down

Post  Ho Chi Minh Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:28 am

Palcom wrote:I have managed to stall, and with diligence, regrow hair without DT.
I shudder to think of the potential damage caused to the blood vessels of the skull exposed to repeated pinching and mechanical pressure over a prolonged period.
I would not suggest applying force to any blood vessels in the body. Madness.

This what xenon say years go. he have right?

Ho Chi Minh

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:08 pm

As a fifteen year veteran of combatting hairloss, this is what i did to have a handful of people tell me "You are not going bald anymore? what happened?"

Nizoral 2% shampoo to eliminate build up of skin/fungus/demodex on the scalp and reduce the size of sebacious glands.

A scalp scrubber to massage the occipitalis and temporal muscles to eliminate tension as mine can get tender especially during times of stress. I grind my teeth to which makes that worse.

Bore bristle brush focusing on balding areas to exfoliate the scalp and let the sebum free from areas it has become congested. It also relieves tenderness in the crown and temples caused by tension in the galea. The brushing also stimulates circulation.

Dr Bronners Peppermint Castille soap mixed with Emu Oil until absorbed (15-20 mins)
then shampoo out and rinse with cold water to get a tingling/painful sensation.
Peppermint is an anti androgen and nearly every ingredient in the soap has been shown to improve skin conditions. Emu oil itself is remarkable for skin and can carry the ingredients to a suitable depth to reach the follicle. Peppermint also stimulates cold receptors in the scalp which reduces inflammation and increases endorphin production. The cold water obviously does the same.

Stop smoking to increase circulation, I also eat lots of raw garlic and onions (love em) that improve circulation and have AMAZING effects on sexual function.
Raw Onions also hugely increase free testosterone but not effect DHT which is GOLD if you want to maintain you masculine traits past the age of 35.

My Two Cents.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimbosteve88 Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:57 pm

Awesome, thanks for the info. Did you get regrowth dude or just maintain what you have? Im going to ignore xenons copied post. The thing with these forums is, instead of keeping things positive and helpful, people have got to put their pointless-negativity on here. The more info and peoples experience we can gather,  the better we can HELP each other. Is DREX still about?

Jimbosteve88

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:17 pm

I regrew hair.
Xenon's Copied post? Pointless Negatitvity? Are you referring to me suggesting people shouldnt crush the veins in their head between their fingers and the hard surface of their skull?
I would have thought that was common sense. Feel free to ignore whatever you like.
I have cured my hairloss and only post here occasionally as an attempt to help others but i wont be doing so anymore just to be called a negative plagiarist.

I will leave you to your conversation:

long hair wrote:after a week or so regrowth would be halted even while keep with the same treatment

Detecting the halt in regrowth in the time frame of a week?

See ya!

Back to top Go down

Post  long hair Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:39 pm

Detecting the halt in regrowth in the time frame of a week?

See ya!

ok by by have a nice journey Very Happy

mean while i respect you and your treatment because i believe hair can grow by using many diff treatments ...as for damaging scalp me and at least one other user did DT for 2 years without any problem ..but of course we like any other users are not a doctors we are just trying things and talking about the results here so every one is free to follow or not and this will be at his won risk .
long hair
long hair

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimbosteve88 Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:36 pm

Long hair how do you find you scalp now? Is it nice and loose.

Jimbosteve88

Back to top Go down

Post  long hair Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:42 pm

yes it is loose i also lost about 20% of calcification in my scalp and thats what help my regrowth , you can take it simply as : less harden tissue = more hair regrowth .
you can prove it to your self by touch diff areas of your scalp .
go back to Movie Junky posts about magnesium oil to help with DT .
long hair
long hair

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimbosteve88 Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:49 am

Awesome, well done mate. I hope you continue your progress. Do you know the crunch you get when you do DT, do you really think it’s calcification or hardened lymph fluid? Because that crunch comes back not long after I get rid of it with DT. Are we breaking it up, then after some time as passed the flow of lymph becomes blocked again. I know the whole dht, androgen receptor etc. story and I know the galea and blood flow theories have been done to death, but the fact is that the balding part of the scalp always outlines the galea and scalps becomes tighter. Although genetics is definitely involved I don’t believe the follicle countdown as scientist say. There’s something else happening. Didn’t they even implant a shrinking follicle in someone’s arm once, where there hair came back to life?

Jimbosteve88

Back to top Go down

Post  long hair Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:21 pm

i hear the crunch all the time but idk what is it may be it very solid kind of calcification like a bone , only surgeon will till what exactly is it .i dont think you can break them, i ignore them  and keep breaking calcification in another places with massage till  my scalp feel sort of normal then after few hours calc will be solid again but day after day my scalp get less harden .
hair loss is multi factors problem ,DHT is one of this factors but alone is not enough for follicle to shrink .low circulation is what make DHT accumulate in the follicle  .
low circulation is caused by tight galea / tight galea caused by abnormal continuous side and jaw muscle contraction / this contraction caused by nerve disorder or hormonal unbalance or both of them . as you can see from above post this is common among bald guys :
to eliminate tension as mine can get tender especially during times of stress. I grind my teeth to which makes that worse.
long hair
long hair

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:41 pm

Jimbosteve88 wrote:This to me sounds like what’s happening. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4639964/#!po=73.2759
I’m going to try and get my scalp as loose as it was once before then focus on breaking the fibrosis down. Can anyone find the study on the effects Botox had on male baldness? I can’t find it on the net anymore. I can’t remeber what the outcome of it was, i think there was hair regrowth.

There seem to be many people who do DT without running into this problem. Shouldn’t that be proof this is not the case? Where is the proof that damage is being done

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimbosteve88 Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:59 pm

Hey sizzle, are you doing DT? Have you had any good results?

Jimbosteve88

Back to top Go down

Post  cdto2012 Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:20 am

After doing high pressure dt pressing for 2 years steady there is only good things to report. My pain, crunch and calcification is essentially gone and does not return. Absolutely sure I am regrowing all of my hair, and have plenty of photos to document this. I get random people that comment that my hair looks better and is regrowing. The long time period is too much for most people to stay interested, but it works. Maybe another year until it really looks good. Now I use a metal fairly sharp brush to mimic needling or a nerve stimulation of mild injury... but the skin is fine. Maybe people will get interested again as the majority of the new hairs go terminal. Now about 20% are.

cdto2012

Back to top Go down

Post  SonofOdin Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:34 am

cdto2012 wrote:After doing high pressure dt pressing for  2 years steady there is only good things to report. My pain, crunch and calcification is essentially gone and does not return.  Absolutely sure I am regrowing all of my hair, and have plenty of photos to document this.  I get random people that comment that my hair looks better and is regrowing.    The long time period is too much for most people to stay interested,  but it works.  Maybe another year until it really looks good.  Now I use a metal fairly sharp brush to mimic needling or a nerve stimulation of mild injury... but the skin is fine.   Maybe people will get interested again as the majority of the new hairs go terminal. Now about 20% are.

What is really impressing me about your regrowth is you seem to have already lost a very substantial amount of hair before even beginning this. This may be evidence against a theory I've seen tossed around hair loss forums that you need to act within 6-12 months or the hair that is lost, is gone for good. At some point you should take some further away pictures(can blur your face) and see if the changes are cosmetically visible.

For me, my DT results were tainted by the fact I began treating my hair with drugs at the same time, but the regrowth was insane. I'd like to say the DT helped but I know everyone will say it was the finasteride so I can't ever serve as a proponent of the DT method. At the present day, I've been on the drug for 3 years and its effectiveness seems to be slowly waning. I'm noticing gradual thinning, and for a long time I was no longer doing DT. I've restarted again and so maybe any regrowth I achieve now, may count for evidence to its effectiveness now that I'm long past the period that fin should be regrowing my hair(and seems to no longer be 100% maintaining it as a standalone treatment).

I'm going to try to document my progress as well. I think my method is different, though. The DT CPR thread is so large its difficult to know what the updated approach is that people are using. I pinch with bian stones to avoid damaging the skin(the stones are ergonomic) then occasionally use my finger tips to massage the whole scalp by rubbing.

To answer the question of this thread, I think I made one similar recently... Anyway, the final verdict has been that this method is hit and miss. Most appear to have failed to regrow their hair, while those that have, produce regrowth at a snails pace. And unfortunately as time has gone by Choy, the creator of the study seems increasingly shady. I believe someone on this forum was even offering him big bucks just to show up for a skype interview and he declined, stating he is working on other things now, and was very evasive in discussing anything regarding this study. I don't want to call anyone out as a fraud but... he does not stand by his research. He appears to wish to wash his hands of it all.

My advice is give it a shot just don't expect anything magic. The study claimed full regrowth in months, but anyone that has had success with this method seems to of been doing it for a year or more, and they still have a long road to a full head of hair.
SonofOdin
SonofOdin

Back to top Go down

Post  stronghands Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:21 pm

SonofOdin wrote:The DT CPR thread is so large its difficult to know what the updated approach is that people are using.

I agree with SonofOdin, the DT CPR method is too large to know exactly what is the current working protocol, if the initial method has not been modified over time etc.

cdto2012,
First of all thanks for the information you provided over time. I understand that it represents so much time to come here, tell about your experience, take pictures, answer to everyone etc.
1. Is it possible for you to quickly summarize your current protocol, and what is the main benefit compared to the classic detumescence therapy protocol?
2. How do you know that you've reduce the calcification in your scalp. Can you pinch it?

Note: I'm Norwood 2 with diffuse thinning on top (not yet visible). I can move my scalp very well without my hands (see my video here : ), but I cannot pinch it.

Thanks again.

stronghands

Back to top Go down

Post  long hair Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:37 pm

@ cdto2012 ::: the length of the period for hair to grow terminal is what discourage the users from doing this treatment ..the fear of losing time for nothing ,that why i always say do it as a basic along with some other treatment .the time will pass anyway and you have nothing to do about it. what give you the will to continue is to see it yourself that your hair is growing back .

@ SonofOdin ::: even if i ignored the regrowth on my front part of my scalp i still have a great result from DT , the hair at the upper side of my scalp was thinning in a way that i would be nw5 fast and i would forced to shave it ..but thanks , DT kept my hair Very Happy .
long hair
long hair

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimbosteve88 Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:19 am

Thank you all for posting, lots of experience has been shared. cdto2012 you’re an absolute legend for sharing your info with everyone. I really hope you achieve a massive amount of regrowth after your hard work and commitment. As Stronghands posted could we get a summary of your current protocol etc. I know the whole Henry Choy bizzle is a bit shady, but why didn’t we accept that trapped sebum was the cause baldness as he made out? Would we be doing DT without him. Do you guys think there’s definitely calcification going on?

Jimbosteve88

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next