Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Can't Stop Shedding... EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Can't Stop Shedding... EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Can't Stop Shedding... EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Can't Stop Shedding... EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Can't Stop Shedding... EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Can't Stop Shedding... EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Can't Stop Shedding... EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Can't Stop Shedding... EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Can't Stop Shedding... EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Can't Stop Shedding...

3 posters

Go down

Can't Stop Shedding... Empty Can't Stop Shedding...

Post  helpmyhair1 Thu May 25, 2017 4:51 am

It seems like I'm always in a state of shedding. No matter the time of day, I can run my hands through my hair over the bathroom sink, and at least 10 hairs will fall onto the sink. This is constant and no matter what I do, I can't stop it. Even when I don't have scalp inflammation, the hair still falls.

When I stopped all supplements and did Danny Roddy's regimen, my shedding did stop to a point where only a hair or two would fall in the sink. But the weird thing is I was still progressively losing ground, so ended up going back to my IH supplements and boom, shedding restarts. Its just hard because even when I stop shedding, I still am losing hair.

Just don't know what to do anymore..

helpmyhair1

Back to top Go down

Can't Stop Shedding... Empty Re: Can't Stop Shedding...

Post  helpmyhair1 Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:48 am

Now i'm getting 20 - 40 hairs every time i run my hands through. I seriously never stop shedding... has anyone found anything that really decreases constant shed?

helpmyhair1

Back to top Go down

Post  calvicie Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:42 am

helpmyhair1 wrote:... has anyone found anything that really decreases constant shed?
I noticed a significant reduction in shed and general flakiness by using an inversion table daily and rough brushing while inverted.
calvicie
calvicie

Back to top Go down

Post  helpmyhair1 Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:47 pm

I'm back on DT again but still shedding hard. Like 40 hairs with a vigorous brushing of the hair.

Anyone else know how I can reduce this fast shedding?

helpmyhair1

Back to top Go down

Post  john3333 Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:17 pm

The most important key to ending hairloss and producing hairgrowth is sleep. It is important to sleep early.

Forget about Danny Roddy. Try a vegan or flexitarian diet. It's simple, but it works.

It has always been said that hairloss is caused by stress, and after years of research, I can confirm that.

It may be silly but you need to tell yourself "I can" everyday. Stress accumulates everyday in our lives because we are disappointed.
The mental stress becomes physical stress. For example, your boss fires you from work so you stay up late at night wondering how you're going to pay the bills.

Long story short, you subconsciously tell yourself that veganism won't work or that you can't be vegan. The voice says "I can't be vegan. It's too difficult." or "I can't sleep early. I'm too lazy". It's important to notice that voice and say "I can! I can! I can! I can be a vegan starting right now". You need to be like the little engine that could and have hope in yourself.

The important thing about diet is to not eat toxins or you'll end up with toxemia, a condition that is the 2nd cause of hairloss. Don't eat too much oil. Eat mostly grains and legumes like the supercentenarians and your hair will grow back.

There aren't many supercentenarians who eat steak or other fatty foods daily. But there are plenty of vegetarian centenarian.

The most important thing is to sleep early though. Sleep is about fifty times more important than diet.

john3333
john3333

Back to top Go down

Post  helpmyhair1 Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:58 am

@john3333

I agree about your points regarding stress. As for sleep, I do go to sleep late, but then I work at home for myself so I wake up later like 11 or 12. So its just a different sleeping schedule but i do sleep a bunch.

I'm not sure about the whole vegan thing though as I have heard that many vegans aren't successful with stopping hairloss. Some say that a high-protein diet helps with hair growth and I imagine as a vegan, it would be very hard to get enough protein.

helpmyhair1

Back to top Go down

Post  john3333 Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:02 am

helpmyhair1 wrote:@john3333

I agree about your points regarding stress. As for sleep, I do go to sleep late, but then I work at home for myself so I wake up later like 11 or 12. So its just a different sleeping schedule but i do sleep a bunch.

I'm not sure about the whole vegan thing though as I have heard that many vegans aren't successful with stopping hairloss. Some say that a high-protein diet helps with hair growth and I imagine as a vegan, it would be very hard to get enough protein.

Protein is bad for you. Learn the facts on protein on this page: https://nutritionfacts.org/topics/protein/

As pointed out by the Chair of Harvard’s Nutrition department, plant protein is preferable to animal protein because food is a package deal. Plant protein has been associated with lower rates of heart disease and lower cholesterol.

Plant protein tends to be relatively low in methionine, an amino acid associated with premature aging and cancer. It also tends to also be relatively lower in the amino acid leucine, which may accelerate aging via the enzyme TOR. Diets high in animal protein tend to be acid forming, while diets centered around plant protein tend to be alkalizing.

Animal protein may also increases insulin levels and the risk of inflammatory bowel disease, impair artery function, and increase the risk of colon cancer. Reducing the ratio of animal to plant protein in men’s diets may also slow the progression of prostate cancer. Animal protein triggers the release of the cancer-promoting growth hormone IGF-1, apparently because the ratios of amino acids in animal proteins more closely resembles our own. This amino acid profile may also be one reason why animal protein is linked to heart disease and inflammatory arthritis. While animal proteins increase levels of IGF-1, and replacing with plant proteins brings levels down, “high quality” plant proteins such as soy may not significantly affect levels in either direction, although consuming 7-18 servings of soy foods a day may result circulating IGF-1 levels comparable to animal protein. To be safe, one one should probably eat no more than 3-5 servings of soy foods a day. Plant-based diets may be more effective at lowering IGF-1 levels than even strict caloric restriction.

The animal protein present in cow’s milk infant formula may be linked to childhood obesity later in life. Animal protein sources may also contain hormones and other endocrine disrupting chemicals linked to early puberty in girls and fertility issues in women; Neu5Gc, a foreign meat molecule associated with inflammation and heart disease; and saturated fat and cholesterol, which may explain why plant-based low carb diets don’t appear to have the same associated risks as meat-based low carb diets.

Beans, canned, sprouted, or dry, are included in the USDA Dietary Guidelines as a serving option for both the protein and vegetable categories. Gluten, the wheat protein found in many meat substitutes such as veggie chicken, and veggie hot dogs is another healthful source of protein for most people. Surprising to many, the USDA doesn’t allow eggs to be advertised as high in protein.

On average, people who eat a plant-based diet have significantly higher levels of protein plasma in their blood. In fact, vegetarians and vegans get 70% more protein than the required daily intake. Raw food diets may be deficient in protein, however, among other nutrients.

If you're still worried about protein, eat beans. Or even eat meat once in a while. The important thing is to avoid Danny Roddy and Ray Peat's advice. You need to eat like this:
Can't Stop Shedding... Infographic023
john3333
john3333

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down