Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
minoxidil - Is there any way to reverse the effects of absence of minoxidil? EmptyYesterday at 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
minoxidil - Is there any way to reverse the effects of absence of minoxidil? EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
minoxidil - Is there any way to reverse the effects of absence of minoxidil? EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
minoxidil - Is there any way to reverse the effects of absence of minoxidil? EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
minoxidil - Is there any way to reverse the effects of absence of minoxidil? EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
minoxidil - Is there any way to reverse the effects of absence of minoxidil? EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
minoxidil - Is there any way to reverse the effects of absence of minoxidil? EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

» IH Regimen
minoxidil - Is there any way to reverse the effects of absence of minoxidil? EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 4:25 pm by CF

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
minoxidil - Is there any way to reverse the effects of absence of minoxidil? EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 11:16 am by MikeGore

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Is there any way to reverse the effects of absence of minoxidil?

3 posters

Go down

minoxidil - Is there any way to reverse the effects of absence of minoxidil? Empty Is there any way to reverse the effects of absence of minoxidil?

Post  Maverick70 Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:59 am

A couple of years ago I went on it for three months, I had great results but I am now looking for something more natural to combat hair loss.

My regimen was:
Morning: Minox 5% + Azaleic Acid 5% cream

Night: Minox 10% + MPG.

After I went off it I was ok for like 2 months and then i started shedding like crazy and my hair has now been thinning more than ever. Is any possibility to reverse the damage done by minoxidil? Maybe something to do with potassium deficiency since minoxidil opens potassium channels ??

Thanks

Maverick70

Back to top Go down

minoxidil - Is there any way to reverse the effects of absence of minoxidil? Empty Re: Is there any way to reverse the effects of absence of minoxidil?

Post  Biffy Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:16 am

Yes Minoxidil mechanism of action is that it is potassium channel opener. Some of these natural substances are potassium channel openers, some regulate aldosterone and some raise significant hair growth signaling  pathway WNT: electrolytes (magnesium, potassium, sodium, chloride, calcium), vitamin D3 (improves aldosterone balance), sulforaphane (activates potassium channels), TRX2 (carnitine, potassium, niacin, biotin, selenium, BCAA - works similar as Minoxidil), isosteviol (potassium channel opener), B-12 (raises WNT), celery seed extract (regulates aldosterone).

Biffy

Back to top Go down

minoxidil - Is there any way to reverse the effects of absence of minoxidil? Empty Re: Is there any way to reverse the effects of absence of minoxidil?

Post  SonofOdin Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:11 pm

Likely has nothing to do with the minoxidil and more your hair loss speeding up. Especially given you were on the drug years ago. Hair loss isn't a linear phenomenon. It occurs at differing rates. For me I lost a little, and then suddenly as if a switch was flipped, I began losing hair at an extremely fast rate. I don't spend too much time thinking on what that switch may have been, because my dad around the same age, suddenly rapidly lost a lot of hair too. For me, that is a strong indication that it may be a genetic thing versus a nurture thing.
SonofOdin
SonofOdin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maverick70 Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:39 am

Biffy wrote:Yes Minoxidil mechanism of action is that it is potassium channel opener. Some of these natural substances are potassium channel openers, some regulate aldosterone and some raise significant hair growth signaling  pathway WNT: electrolytes (magnesium, potassium, sodium, chloride, calcium), vitamin D3 (improves aldosterone balance), sulforaphane (activates potassium channels), TRX2 (carnitine, potassium, niacin, biotin, selenium, BCAA - works similar as Minoxidil), isosteviol (potassium channel opener), B-12 (raises WNT), celery seed extract (regulates aldosterone).

thanks for that. So would you say that to reverse the effects of the absence of minoxidil I should supplement on these vitamins and minerals?. Or eat foods high in these? Or replace them with what you are suggesting

Maverick70

Back to top Go down

Post  Biffy Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:01 am

Maverick70 wrote:thanks for that. So would you say that to reverse the effects of the absence of minoxidil I should supplement on these vitamins and minerals?. Or eat foods high in these? Or replace them with what you are suggesting

Eat or supplement - I don't know what you prefer, but I think with supplementation you can't go wrong, especially this is true for magnesium, vitamin D3, sulforaphane, carnitine, celery seed extract, selenium, natural b-vitamins.

Biffy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down