Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
GYM is good or not! EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
GYM is good or not! EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
GYM is good or not! EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
GYM is good or not! EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
GYM is good or not! EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
GYM is good or not! EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
GYM is good or not! EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
GYM is good or not! EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
GYM is good or not! EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

GYM is good or not!

+6
albe
dantien
nidhogge
Glacier
CausticSymmetry
Marvey
10 posters

Go down

GYM is good or not! Empty GYM is good or not!

Post  Marvey Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:51 pm

Hi guys
1ºquestion: I asked the same question in other forum but i still confused...I do gym 5 days week may gym can be bad for hair? i heard gym give us more testosteron so means we will have more dht... now i am really afraid of doing gym and i am thinking to leave it...i would like if someone have know something more about it... please
2❓ i take 4 supplements: BSN suplementes BSN Cellmass AVPT (creatine), NO-EXPLODE and Nitrix (nitrix oxide) and a multivitamic... and bad thing about it?
sorry my english
thx

Marvey

Back to top Go down

GYM is good or not! Empty Re: GYM is good or not!

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:11 am

Marvey - The gym is probably fine. However, if you find yourself doing a lot of high endurance activity, what some may refer to as excessive exercise that is where your cortisol level and increase of oxidative stress could present a problem.

There are some nitric oxide boosters that may raise inflammation because they elevate iNos (Inducible Nitric oxide synthase), which does have inflammatory effects.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Glacier Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:08 am

Marvey - Gym is good for you so pump iron all you want. I used to take BSN supplements too, there Syntha-6 product is very good tasting protein shake. However note that it has Soy in it so might wanna be careful with that. Brown rice with oven cooked chicken, coleslaw, and baked potatoes beats any protein powder for me.

Glacier

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:26 pm

I'd recommend that you guy stay away from any NO products. They're loaded up with disgusting sugars and other synthetic ingredients that are not only horrible for the hair, but your health as well. If you need energy, eat a healthy diet and follow IH's supplemental regimen. Stay away from NOXplode or other similar products.

I strongly believe that working out with weights leads to hair loss. My brother, as soon as he went from light weights to heavy lifting, his hair started shedding/thinning like no tomorrow. He's just turning 21 now, and has has his head shaved like Jason Statham for about 4-5 months now. Looks good on him being that he's 6'1 and jacked, but if that's not your type of physique, that look often doesn't work, heh.

Aside from Cortisol increase, you're going to be raising your test levels, which naturally will result in more DHT. Follow IH's regimen to counter the effects of cortisol and DHT, grab a laser helmet, and I'd also recommend EndoAmp Max from Primordial Performance which is phenomenal for countering raised cortisol levels!

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  Marvey Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:30 pm

I took off all my supplements and now i am thinking of doing gym just 3 times week.. you think is ok?
Well i have asked this question because i start doing gym in february and my hair loss was stable with finesterida about 1.5 year doing it, but in may my hair loss started with full power i really dont think if it was the gym doing it thats why i am afraid of doing gym atm...

Marvey

Back to top Go down

Post  Glacier Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:08 am

I would say don't take supplements at all for weight lifting, no NO, creatine, whey or anything. Use the top 6 and antioxidants after a workout to curb the free radicals it generates, lift weights like there is no tomorrow.

Glacier

Back to top Go down

Post  dantien Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:26 am

You will most likely get better results training 1-3 days a week with a high intensity protocol. You will also be reducing the cortisol and oxidative stress issues IH mentions.

See below for more info - I just read Body by Science and highly recommend it:

http://www.thedreamlounge.net/2009/05/29/exercising-10-minutes-a-week-vs-10-hours-a-week-results-profound-typical/

http://www.bodybyscience.net/home.html/?page_id=18

dantien

Back to top Go down

Post  albe Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:52 am

I think you should get your priorities in order and forget about stuff like this. Good health >>> good hair.

albe

Back to top Go down

Post  youngbalder Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:35 am

Caustic- You mentioned above that when doing high endurance exercise or let just say working 5-6 days a week, if cortisol levels are to high its not good for your hair. In your studies its shows that Sensoril (ashwaganda) helps with cortisol among other things. Just curious how effective sensoril is towards cortisol levels?

youngbalder

Back to top Go down

Post  albe Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:20 am

I think whey protein is fine for hair.

I would agree to stay away from creatine, though.

albe

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:35 am

youngbalder - When I was working, I found Ashwagandha (Sensoril) to be very helpful in reducing my stress. It was quite calming.

Here's an article on it: http://www.npicenter.com/anm/templates/newsATemp.aspx?articleid=21053&zoneid=26

In one particular study which was randomized, double blind, placebo controlled Sensoril (which is more concentrated than a standard Ashwagandha extract) here are the results:

Serum cortisol levels reduced by up to 26 percent;

Reduction in fasting blood sugar up to 9 percent;

Reduction in lipid profiles (total cholesterol, LDL, VLDL, and triglycerides

Increase in HDL
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  hapyman Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:40 am

What about possibly taking something like L-Glutamine and MSM after a workout?
hapyman
hapyman

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:10 am

hapyman - Glutamine is great for a hard workout, it maintains glutathione production, helps prevent cortisol caused muscle breakdown.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kijumn Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:48 am

I'll second CausticSymmetry ... glutamine is great addition to prevent muscle breakdown.

In my younger years when I weight trained often, glutamine was my favorite ... much better than creatine. I don't use it anymore but only because I'm getting lazy and older, lol.

I'm using magnesium chloride these days and I wouldn't do without it due to the way it makes my muscles look ... 30% of magnesium is found in your muscles.
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

Post  kijumn Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:55 am

more info on magnesium

"Both zinc and magnesium supplements have been shown to significantly decrease the levels of the catabolic hormone cortisol. A study by researchers at Justus Liebig University (Giessen, Germany) revealed that triathletes taking a magnesium supplement for four weeks had significantly lower cortisol levels at rest and after a triathlon, as compared to athletes taking a placebo."

"A plethora of research shows how zinc and magnesium enhance muscle mass, strength gains and fat loss, not to mention overall health and well-being."

"magnesium can normalize and extend stage 3 and 4 slow-wave sleep. This is critical, as deeper sleep can help to raise GH levels, which peak during the night. Better sleep quality also aids muscle recovery from tough workouts."

"Because the magnesium in ZMA enhances sleep quality, it can help influence the pituitary gland (located at the base of the brain) to release more growth hormone (GH) while you sleep. Growth hormone is not only critical for influencing muscle growth but for freeing up fat from fat cells. That means the bodyfat you have stored can travel to metabolic tissue, like muscle, where it gets burned as fuel."

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0KFY/is_8_26/ai_n28580601/
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

Post  Marvey Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:17 pm

so after i do gym i should take Chasteberry?

Marvey

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:07 am

Marvey - Chasteberry is good for lowering prolactin. Elevated prolactin occurs after orgasm. I'm not sure what happens during or after a workout though. Anyone know the answer to this?
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:07 pm

Glacier--

Your suggestions are downright dangerous for workout rehabilitation.

Marvey--

DO take whey protein after you work out, or casein, and simply take R-Lipoic acid with it. I've recommended whey to a lot of folks and if anything they've said taht it improves their hair quality. Many bodybuilders that compete professionally have full heads of hair and I believe that a high protein diet helps with that greatly.

Take 40 to 60g of Glutamine. Your GI tract absorbs a good chunk of ingested Glutamine before giving the rest to your muscles.

Creatine I believe is fine for hair. All it is is a combination of amino acids.

Bodybuilders only take Chasteberry when cycling a hormone/steroid, not regularly. Therefore, I wouldn't be worried about prolactin increase from working out, though personally I take at least 1 Chasteberry a day anyway.

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  Glacier Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:35 pm

nidhogge

In my personal experience supplements just cannot trigger muscle growth, neither can they help in maintaining muscle mass. I believe how you train is the key, I do a large number of sets with very little rest periods often only 30-35 seconds between sets. The only exercise I cannot employ large sets is squats because they are exhausting, I'm also careful with deadlifts and restrict to a low, moderate number of sets usually 10-12. For example today I worked on standing military barbell press and did 40 sets within 25 minutes, probably insane for a few folks but it works for me, I hardly get sore at all and working this way is a huge 'cardio' session. I don't do any real cardio because I hate it. For food I just eat whole foods after a workout without bothering with protein shakes etc, I cannot stand their taste at all anymore, whole food is better.

I'm not sure what you were referring to as 'dangerous'?

Glacier

Back to top Go down

Post  Nuada Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:13 am

Glacier
I am slim build(I was always very thin, especially in my childhood, till I started working out) and I really can't gain weight/muscle without using at least protein shake(thats what I use anyways). And your type of workout never works out for me, If I went with it, I'd probably end up getting even thinner than I already am. It is about metabolism. I have a friend, who is a huge guy(always was), and he over trains all the time, and doesn't eat more than I do either, and he still maintains his muscle mass, even achieves growth.

I always stayed away from creatine, because I heard it may have some side effects, but most people told me that it is a must for a skinny guy to gain weight and muscle.

Nuada

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:05 am

Well, Glacier, not dangerous in that someone will get hurt, but dangerous for recovery.

nidhogge

In my personal experience supplements just cannot trigger muscle growth, neither can they help in maintaining muscle mass.

You're not using the right supplements. Magnesium Oratate internally and Magnesium Oil externally will supply you with all of the Magnesium you need to flesh out your muscles. 30% of your muscle is Magnesium, and ALL of our food is deficient in it, so no amount of whole foods is going to supply you with what you need.

PeptoPro is the absolute best protein around as it's enzymatically broken down naturally rather than chemically, making it "predigested" so that it goes literally right to your muscles. This allows you to drink it before/during/after your workouts which prevents catabolism and greatly enhances recovery times and gains.

To put things into perspective, chicken takes 4 hours to get to your muscles. It needs to be broken down into amino acids, then broken down further until it can make its way into the bloodstream to get to your muscles. Whey takes 1 hour. The window of opportunity post-workout is a half hour.

I believe how you train is the key, I do a large number of sets with very little rest periods often only 30-35 seconds between sets. The only exercise I cannot employ large sets is squats because they are exhausting, I'm also careful with deadlifts and restrict to a low, moderate number of sets usually 10-12. For example today I worked on standing military barbell press and did 40 sets within 25 minutes, probably insane for a few folks but it works for me, I hardly get sore at all and working this way is a huge 'cardio' session. I don't do any real cardio because I hate it. For food I just eat whole foods after a workout without bothering with protein shakes etc, I cannot stand their taste at all anymore, whole food is better.

I agree with your training strategy, but I'd suggest 40g of glutamine post-workout, PeptoPro before/during/after (one serving just sipping throughout), 10g Creatine post-workout, Magnesium Oratate powder mixed in (1tsp).

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

GYM is good or not! Empty nidhogge

Post  Glacier Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:22 pm

I understand the theory that whey is faster, supplement industry has used this excuse for many years to promote their products. Faster delivery does not mean growth, it usually means a nice tasting shake however, in the long run however I realized it does not make a dime's difference but that's just my observation. I cannot fathom taking something during a workout besides water and I usually workout on an empty stomach or maybe after consuming a cup of milk in the morning, don't take coffee or any stimulants of any sort.

Recovery, I have issues with this, why does one assume the body will 'need' that much time to recover, it does not work like a gear system, the body is complex and usually the recovery times reduce the more you workout, you are sore one week, next week less and then soon nothing. For example if do biceps in workout, I do them again 2-3 days later, it has plenty of time to recover, why throw a protein shake at it? Sometimes I do one muscle group 2-3 days in a row, there was a 3 month period where I did nothing but barbell rows, barbell bench presses and squats, did it make a difference, nothing that I noticed but it soon got boring. Eating is easy, you just have to sit and consume, getting the training right is harder. It's all fun.

Glacier

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down