Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Just started supplementing. What's your experience with them so far? EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Just started supplementing. What's your experience with them so far? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Just started supplementing. What's your experience with them so far? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Just started supplementing. What's your experience with them so far? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Just started supplementing. What's your experience with them so far? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Just started supplementing. What's your experience with them so far? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Just started supplementing. What's your experience with them so far? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Just started supplementing. What's your experience with them so far? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Just started supplementing. What's your experience with them so far? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Just started supplementing. What's your experience with them so far?

+2
YARO
Xenon
6 posters

Go down

Just started supplementing. What's your experience with them so far? Empty Just started supplementing. What's your experience with them so far?

Post  Xenon Sat May 28, 2016 7:10 am

I don't really have any major hopes in supps to be honest, although I remember getting these free supps on FHM Bionic mag many years ago, and they did have a slight thickening effect upon my hair. So I just thought I'd give some supps a shot, somewhat based upon CS regimen. I started using MSM, quercetin, kelp, antarctic krill oil, and stabilized R lipoic acid. The ecklonia cava is expensive shit, so I'll see how the aforementioned helps out first.

How have they helped you guys out? Should I expect anything dramatic in the coming months?

P.S, That MSM powder tastes truly disgusting LOL
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Just started supplementing. What's your experience with them so far? Empty Re: Just started supplementing. What's your experience with them so far?

Post  YARO Sat May 28, 2016 9:00 am

I will post my entire regimen below that i have been doing for about 6 months now.

To be honest, the results are not that great. My main focus was to regrow my receded hair line and although my overall hair did thicken up, my hair line has stayed the same with maybe some regrowth on the temples. I think these natural supps are good if you know exactly what is going on with your hair loss, for me, i take all these supps blindly with little knowledge and hoping to regrow my hair. One thing that i did notice is a almost complete stop in shedding while taking these supplements and I'm hoping that means a stop to hair loss, however, i am not expecting to regrow hair on bald temples with natural supplements. Someone like Cs who has 20+ years of knowledge in hair loss knows exactly what to do and how to do it when combating the factors of hair loss but for us it is going to be a lot harder i think.

I have been doing derma rolling, sulphasalazine, and castor oil oral/topical for about 2 months now, everything else about 6 months.

The weird thing is that i have felt no different when before taking these supps and after taking these supps for 6 months.

- Ecklonia Cava (2 caps)
- Antartic Krill Oil (3 caps)
- Stabilized R-Lipoic acid (3 caps)
- Acetyl L-Carnitine (6 caps)
- Magnesium (3000 mg)
- Decalcify (3 caps)
- Taurine (3000 mg)
- Vitamin A (10k iu)
- Toco-Sorb (2 caps)
- Vit D (about 6k iu)
- B-Complex (2 caps)
- EGCg (1200mg)
- Grape seed extract (360 mg)
- Ashwaghanda (1000 mg per day)

- Iugols solution (100 mg per day/ 16 drops)
- Selenium (400 mg)
- Zinc (120 mg)
- 40K Volt electrolytes

- Beta-sisterol (250 mg)
- Antioxidant Boost (2 caps)

- Immune Boost 77 (4 caps)
- Vitamin C (3000 mg a day)
- Niaciminide (1000 mg)

-Sulphasalazine (1500 mg)

THORUGHTOUT DAY:
-6 Tbsp Coconut oil
- 3-4 ml castor oil oral a day
- No Bread Consumption At All

TOPICALS:
- Rejuveplex w/ Ahk-Cu (once a day)
- Castor oil w/ DMSO (every night)
- Needling (once every 5 days)

YARO

Back to top Go down

Just started supplementing. What's your experience with them so far? Empty Re: Just started supplementing. What's your experience with them so far?

Post  Xenon Sat May 28, 2016 9:36 am

Cheers YARO, and thanks for providing honest feedback. This is why I've never had much faith in eagerly delving into the domain of supps or topicals because my gut just tells me they wont do shit, except, perhaps, increase a little thickness to existing terminals. I believe the problem is entirely genetically orchestrated TBH. If the baldness gene could be knocked out, then I think that 1.inflammatory problems would instantly vanish 2. hair would regenerate without issue. Nevertheless, I'll keep taking that nasty MSM stuff, add more from your regimen, and see what benefit they bring me in the coming months. I suppose I have nothing to lose.
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  SonofOdin Mon May 30, 2016 6:51 pm

Supplements are the first thing people look to when wanting to combat hair loss naturally but also provides the least photographic evidence per person from my experience. If you're not buying the highest quality food you can afford, and not sleeping an optimal amount of time each night then those two areas should take precedence in my opinion. If you are affording what you believe to be the diet you thrive on and still have disposable income and want to give supplements a try then maybe. But you know all of this already.

Here are some supplements I actually believe in:

- Melatonin
- Zinc
- Magnesium
- Gelatin

Best of luck and hope whatever you attempt works out for you.
SonofOdin
SonofOdin

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:01 am

OK, Odin, I've just ordered eck cava and many more supps on the list. It's only been a week so far, and nothing noteworthy to mention yet, but I'll stick to it and see what the coming months bring.

The MSM is more tolerable taste wise now that I've diluted it and stirred it more.
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:38 am

A tad OT: I realized something. Inflammation has long stopped in my right temple; it's only the left that suffers occasional inflammatory issues, and that mainly only happens from pillow compression, due to sleeping on that side the most. No surprises to find that it's the left temple that is the most receded. Yet, even though inflammation has long been a non factor in my right temple, no terminals are being restored (except for a few in the past through no fap), so I can't help but conclude that curtailing inflammation alone is not enough to regrow terminal hair. It's only effective in stopping hair loss.

I personally think that the baldness gene must be responsible for programming follicles to atrophy when they have entered into the catagen cycle for too long. This is probably why treatments such as minox and fin prove to be pretty much ineffective in follicles which have long been in a dormant state, and likely the reason why we never hear of any MPB sufferer naturally recovering from the condition, as we do hear with alopecia areata sufferers.

As we know, though, the follicle isn't dead, it just requires one simple trigger that will cause it to re-enter into the anagen cycle, but the only answer to this (which I can think of) is knocking out the baldness gene. I doubt it's the body's inability to produce an adequate store of progenitors, as it does this in other follicles without issue. Therefore a gene must be signaling the bulge to stop producing them, and it only seems to do this when the follicle has been subjected to extended bouts of inflammation.

Perhaps there is a specific cytokine that causes the cell to permanently switch off... maybe TNFa. One thing is for certain, though, in the case of MPB the follicle is programmed to permanently remain in the telogen phase, even if all stressors are eliminated. I think my right temple is evidence of this, as it's suffered no inflammation for aeons.
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sage 1 Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:44 am

Why do you take supplements?
Just my curiosity.

Sage 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:54 am

Sage 1 wrote:Why do you take supplements?
Just my curiosity.

Well, as mentioned in my OP, I don't particularly have high hopes in them curing hairloss, but thought they might be worth taking as an additional help. Also I'm on a calorie controlled diet that is deficient in certain vitamins and minerals, so that's another reason I decided to supplement.

Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sage 1 Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:01 am

Xenon wrote:
Sage 1 wrote:Why do you take supplements?
Just my curiosity.

Well, as mentioned in my OP, I don't particularly have high hopes in them curing hairloss, but thought they might be worth taking as an additional help. Also I'm on a calorie controlled diet that is deficient in certain vitamins and minerals, so that's another reason I decided to supplement.

Ok thanks Xenon,

I stopped using pills in any form, since i have a hard time believing in their efficiency due to important co-factors that growing plants have.

Sage 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:51 pm

Update: inflammation in left temple has been a non factor for days now - even when awakening on it. Normally this is the only time I feel inflammation, but so far so good.
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:57 am

Look in my searh history. I have taken so many pills for the last couple of years and really wonder how much they help. They certainly didn't regrow my hair, so don't get your hopes up from this.

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:52 am

Growdamnit wrote:Look in my searh history. I have taken so many pills for the last couple of years and really wonder how much they help. They certainly didn't regrow my hair, so don't get your hopes up from this.

Yes, I think that preventing inflammation alone isn't enough to regrow hair. My right temple area hasn't suffered any inflammation for a very long time, yet no hair is growing back - the hairloss has only halted. So I think this would likely indicate that long dormant follicles permanently remain in the telogen phase unless there is a trigger to re-enter them into anagen.

Without harping on with myself, the only "success" I had in naturally kick starting this cycle was via abstinence, but that alone only produced some sporadic terminals after so many months, but who really cares about that? Unless we see the entirety of the hairline (or other bald spots) regenerating en masse and within a reasonable time frame, then everything else is a vain endeavour IMO (unless baldness is caught in it's infancy stages). I think it really should be a case of 'all or nothing'. Simple as that.
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:31 am

Xenon wrote:
Growdamnit wrote:Look in my searh history. I have taken so many pills for the last couple of years and really wonder how much they help. They certainly didn't regrow my hair, so don't get your hopes up from this.
I think it really should be a case of 'all or nothing'. Simple as that.
It is a case of all or nothing. Either you regrew your hair or you didn't and that's why I have such a problem with people saying they found the cure. A couple hairs isn't a big deal.

If it helps, I have also halted my hair loss significantly, so maybe the supplements do play a role.

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:11 pm

Also I find it very peculiar because CD34+ cells are known for being recruited to sites of areas of allergic inflammation, yet in the case of MPB, studies suggest that the bulge is surprisingly bereft of these PC's. My only conclusion is, once the existing store of PC's have been exhausted within the bulge (due to repeated episodes of injury), no more are recruited. Why that happens is a mystery. All it would take is for these cells to be provided with the apt signaling to migrate to the bulge, then terminals would regrow again. That's it - hair loss would be cured.
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  tennisjunky13 Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:31 am

I thought I'd provide my experience. I had tried various supplements and regimens through the years without seeing much effect. But I've recently used a couple consultations with CS and I think my current regimen has slowed down my hairloss, but certainly not stopped it. I don't have a health background so I was more or less blindly trying different supplements but I think you need a tailor made program for your specific body. That is the only way I found results.

tennisjunky13

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:15 am

Cheers, Tennis. The inflammation in the usually troubled and more receded left temple has still been a non-factor since taking the supps, so I'm happy about this, therefore I'll continue supplementing. I *think* that the pillow compression was causing a degree of autophagy (or cellular degradation) because the only times I'd experience a flare up was when I woke up on that temple, so I can only imagine that the increased magnesium and so forth has assisted in strengthening the various organelle within the cytoplasm.

Yet, I still believe that there is a hormonal and genetic element involved in all of this, and I can only imagine that they work in tandem by causing a weak healing response in genetically targeted cells. My guess is, that this is all to do with reducing the levels of progenitor cells within the bulge of said follicles. This must be a factor because, when MPB is treated with fin (in it's infancy) we often find that hair becomes thicker and in many cases leads to regrowth. So DHT must be regulating the numbers of progenitors stored within the bulge.

Poor nutritional factors would just speed up the rate of autophagy and lead to increased immune attack to remove damaged / degraded cells.
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down