Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Which Of These Castor Oil Brands Seems Better? EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Which Of These Castor Oil Brands Seems Better? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Which Of These Castor Oil Brands Seems Better? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Which Of These Castor Oil Brands Seems Better? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Which Of These Castor Oil Brands Seems Better? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Which Of These Castor Oil Brands Seems Better? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Which Of These Castor Oil Brands Seems Better? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Which Of These Castor Oil Brands Seems Better? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Which Of These Castor Oil Brands Seems Better? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Which Of These Castor Oil Brands Seems Better?

2 posters

Go down

Which Of These Castor Oil Brands Seems Better? Empty Which Of These Castor Oil Brands Seems Better?

Post  johndoe1225 Thu May 19, 2016 8:43 am

Hey all!

Simple question, what do you guys think of these two brands, I'm going to buy one or the other:

http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/p/home-health-castor-oil-cold-8-fl-oz/ec-7003#.VzzhaCH4TTo

http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/p/heritage-castor-oil-cold-pressed-4-oz/je-1043#.VzzheiH4TTo

Due to convenience.

I'm going to take at least 1 ml orally in addition to using it topically, so keeping that in mind, what do you think?

I guess I'm leaning towards the first one since it has a lot more information.

Forget about the price since they are both basically cost negligible.

Thanks!  Very Happy

johndoe1225

Back to top Go down

Which Of These Castor Oil Brands Seems Better? Empty Re: Which Of These Castor Oil Brands Seems Better?

Post  maple donut Mon May 30, 2016 6:42 pm

both brands are reputable, but unfortunately no matter where you get it your castor oil is going to be at least partway rancid on your very first use, due to the nature of the oil itself. it's extremely high in polyunsaturated fatty acids which are notoriously unstable and are high sensitive to temprature, UV light, presence of oxygen, and time itself, therefore even a recently packaged bottle of the stuff may already be rancid by the time you get your hands on it. when you open it up and take a whiff you will know what i mean - smells exactly like linseed oil (and remember, linseed oil is just flax seed oil, which is over 70% polyunsaturated fat. it never caught on as a food in old europe because it was widely accepted that the oil spoiled much too quickly to be palatable - hence its industrial pruposing). And as you can see, those bottles are clear, so they're not doing anything to keep the light from getting to the oil, but even then that's probably not enough. I bought the expensive AuraCacia brand after trying and returning the Heritage brand on account of its rancid smell. I was surprised when i got home to discover that the AuraCacia brown bottled expensive brand that i had just bought ALSO smelled old/off/rancid. the manufacture dates on all of these products was less than 9 months ago, but you wouldn't know it. it's finicky stuff.

i still use it tho, cuz everyone else is doing it and there are no alternatives save pressing the fresh beans yourself and storing the oil in liquid nitrogen. so basically i'm saying go right ahead and buy the cheapest one; they're basically all the same

maple donut

Back to top Go down

Which Of These Castor Oil Brands Seems Better? Empty Re: Which Of These Castor Oil Brands Seems Better?

Post  johndoe1225 Tue May 31, 2016 1:13 am

maple donut wrote:
i still use it tho, cuz everyone else is doing it and there are no alternatives save pressing the fresh beans yourself and storing the oil in liquid nitrogen. so basically i'm saying go right ahead and buy the cheapest one; they're basically all the same

Yeah there's no other alternative.

I store it in a dark cabinet, I could maybe even wrap the bottle in aluminum foil to further protect it from light.

johndoe1225

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down