Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Post Transplant Concerns and Hopping Back on Supplements EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Post Transplant Concerns and Hopping Back on Supplements EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Post Transplant Concerns and Hopping Back on Supplements EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Post Transplant Concerns and Hopping Back on Supplements EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Post Transplant Concerns and Hopping Back on Supplements EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Post Transplant Concerns and Hopping Back on Supplements EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Post Transplant Concerns and Hopping Back on Supplements EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Post Transplant Concerns and Hopping Back on Supplements EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Post Transplant Concerns and Hopping Back on Supplements EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Post Transplant Concerns and Hopping Back on Supplements

4 posters

Go down

Post Transplant Concerns and Hopping Back on Supplements Empty Post Transplant Concerns and Hopping Back on Supplements

Post  The_End Tue May 17, 2016 5:44 am

Hey guys,

I was on the immortal hair regimen for a good while and found that Ecklonia cava extract worked wonders for reducing inflammation. I came to a point where I simply could not afford the supplements and stopped. I was planning on hopping back on post-transplant, along with trying out Rogaine (which seems like a complete pain in the ass).

I was wondering if anything in the regime would negatively affect newly growing grafts. I was thinking of hopping on everything but the R-lipoic acid provided I have enough funds. I'm honestly more concerned with Rogaine in general; beyond being dependent on it, it seems entirely unreliable and can negatively effect my scalp. I wanna see if I can strike a method where I can preserve and maybe regrow slightly, while slowly eliminating stuff like Rogaine.

Let me know if you have any suggestions guys, I want to more or less protect my investment for as long as I can.

Thanks.

The_End

Back to top Go down

Post Transplant Concerns and Hopping Back on Supplements Empty Reply...

Post  CampOfDavid Tue May 17, 2016 7:16 am

I don't have much to say other than I think rogaine is poison. I used it once and it aged my face. If you do use it pay close attention for any facial bloating, dark circles under eyes, enlarged pores, wrinkles and what appears like old skin. Also pay attention to any bruising that does not seem to heal as quickly around your body, and to your heart and lungs.
Rogaine goes systemic and affects your whole body, I would not use that stuff (just for a week) even if some paid me a million pounds/dollars to do so (and I am in debt lol).

CampOfDavid
CampOfDavid

Back to top Go down

Post Transplant Concerns and Hopping Back on Supplements Empty Re: Post Transplant Concerns and Hopping Back on Supplements

Post  cdto2012 Tue May 17, 2016 2:42 pm

Had a transplant years ago. I would say that the rate of stability of the grafts after about 3 months seemed like they were there to stay. Even more than 15 years later, the grafts are still growing with vigor.
I do not have any experience with Rogaine, but minoxidil did not bother my grafts.

cdto2012

Back to top Go down

Post Transplant Concerns and Hopping Back on Supplements Empty Re: Post Transplant Concerns and Hopping Back on Supplements

Post  hairmaniac Thu May 19, 2016 4:05 am

cdto2012 wrote:Had a transplant years ago.  I would say that the rate of stability of the grafts after about 3 months seemed like they were there to stay. Even more than 15 years later, the grafts are still growing with vigor.
    I do not have any experience with Rogaine,  but minoxidil did not bother my grafts.

So, are you happy with your transplant? Did it solve your baldness?

hairmaniac

Back to top Go down

Post  cdto2012 Thu May 19, 2016 2:03 pm

Transplants are OK for adding some thickness to thinning hair.  They are not usually enough density per inch to look like decent hair once you went bald.  I only had 500 grafts when micrografts were first available.    Now I would never bother unless you went to Thailand and got 5000 grafts for $5000.  Maybe do this 2 times,  one for the front and one time for the back.

The real problem is that your hair donor area is limited and kind of small.  Every time they cut into it, they damage and waste some of the area. Body hair grafts are possible but more expensive.

Also the scar on the donor area messed up some of the blood supply to my hair follicles,  so below the scar the hair grows in thinner and patchy.
   So as slow and shaky as most long term treatments are, the possibility of having original hair regrow is ideal.   Of course I started my DT-CPR pressing method as a scalp massage to prepare for another hair transplant.  As I see regrow I will probably not need the transplant and just stay with the slow and steady manual pressing regrow.

cdto2012

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down