Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Is this Brewer's Yeast Brand Alright? EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Is this Brewer's Yeast Brand Alright? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Is this Brewer's Yeast Brand Alright? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Is this Brewer's Yeast Brand Alright? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Is this Brewer's Yeast Brand Alright? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Is this Brewer's Yeast Brand Alright? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Is this Brewer's Yeast Brand Alright? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Is this Brewer's Yeast Brand Alright? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Is this Brewer's Yeast Brand Alright? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Is this Brewer's Yeast Brand Alright?

2 posters

Go down

Is this Brewer's Yeast Brand Alright? Empty Is this Brewer's Yeast Brand Alright?

Post  johndoe1225 Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:17 pm

Hey everyone!

I'm going to start taking Brewer's Yeast, and am going to buy it from my local Vitamin Shoppe, could anyone tell me if there are any problems with this NOW brand?  They are supposedly a very good brand, but I haven't really researched Brewer's Yeast too much:

http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/p/brewer-yeast-1-lb-powder/n8-1547#.VutXHTFnQ8c

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

EDIT: Also, since I asked already, how's this for a B-complex supplement? Serving size is 2 capsules, could easily start out with 1, seems very cheap, and LE is a very good brand;

http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/p/life-extension-complete-b-complex-60-vegetarian-capsules/ux-1078#.Vutb9zFnQ8c

johndoe1225

Back to top Go down

Is this Brewer's Yeast Brand Alright? Empty Re: Is this Brewer's Yeast Brand Alright?

Post  Vlaj Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:27 am

I found this site with good info. http://www.livestrong.com/article/176197-what-is-the-difference-between-brewers-yeast-nutritional-yeast/

Brewer's yeast has a bitter taste that offends some taste buds. It may even have a beerlike aftertaste, which reveals its origins. Nutritional yeast, however, is cheesy and nutty without the bitterness of brewer's yeast. You can stir either yeasts into sauces, add to soups or whiz into a smoothie. Nutritional yeast is tasty enough to sprinkle straight over popcorn or pasta to mimic Parmesan cheese. Nutritional yeast is superior if you're looking for a vegan replacement for cheese in macaroni and cheese or nacho cheese dip. If you're committed to brewer's yeast but are offended by the taste, look for debittered varieties.

Nutritional yeast is a powdery or flakey yeast usually bought in bulk. Vegans and vegetarians enjoy it as a supplement, but others can benefit from adding it to their diets. It's usually a form of Saccharomyces cerevisiae, which is harvested, pasteurized and dried to deactivate it and enhance its nutritional properties. Brewer's yeast has a similar look and is also derived from Saccharomyces cerevisiae, but it's produced as the byproduct of beer-making. It, too, is pasteurized and deactivated.

Nutritional yeast offers substantial amounts of niacin, folic acid, zinc, selenium and thiamine. Manufacturers often fortify nutritional yeast with vitamin B-12. For vegans, this is an essential addition because they are susceptible to B-12 deficiency since the vitamin is usually found only in animal-derived products. Nutritional yeast also offers a number of essential amino acids, the building blocks of protein. Brewer's yeast offers an array of B-complex vitamins, selenium and protein, but it's also rich in chromium, a trace mineral that regulates blood sugar levels. Brewer's yeast does not provide vitamin B-12, while nutritional yeast does not provide chromium. Vegans looking for a B-12 supplement should stick to nutritional yeast rather than brewer's yeast.

Vlaj

Back to top Go down

Is this Brewer's Yeast Brand Alright? Empty Re: Is this Brewer's Yeast Brand Alright?

Post  johndoe1225 Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:37 am

Thanks that's interesting! I think I'll go for brewer's yeast then, especially since I don't mind the taste.

johndoe1225

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down