Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Consuming Beans, Lentils etc. and their effect on hair? EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Consuming Beans, Lentils etc. and their effect on hair? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Consuming Beans, Lentils etc. and their effect on hair? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Consuming Beans, Lentils etc. and their effect on hair? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Consuming Beans, Lentils etc. and their effect on hair? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Consuming Beans, Lentils etc. and their effect on hair? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Consuming Beans, Lentils etc. and their effect on hair? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Consuming Beans, Lentils etc. and their effect on hair? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Consuming Beans, Lentils etc. and their effect on hair? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Consuming Beans, Lentils etc. and their effect on hair?

5 posters

Go down

Consuming Beans, Lentils etc. and their effect on hair? Empty Consuming Beans, Lentils etc. and their effect on hair?

Post  SonofOdin Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:10 am

I'm curious what the community thinks about the consumption of beans and lentils. On paper they look to be a great source of both fiber and protein. My specific situation is I cannot handle peas, and I am unsure about Lima Beans either because these are actually digested into lactose and my intolerance is quite high. I realize that dietary choices are highly controversial because so many have differing beliefs so if you have any evidence to back up claims that would be even better but I'm even looking for ancedotal reports too. I myself eat a modified Paelo designed for athletes but if I was able to make for example, some chili, it'd mix up my food sources a bit more than my standard fish, veggies, meats, and rice/potatoes diet.
SonofOdin
SonofOdin

Back to top Go down

Consuming Beans, Lentils etc. and their effect on hair? Empty Re: Consuming Beans, Lentils etc. and their effect on hair?

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:53 am

bad

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Consuming Beans, Lentils etc. and their effect on hair? Empty Re: Consuming Beans, Lentils etc. and their effect on hair?

Post  Delphine Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:09 am

iuyyighghghgkh wrote:bad

How so?
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  harechallenge Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:35 am

I have read good things about Fava beans. I can't see how they would produce hair loss. Fava beans stimulate HGH hormone.
Peanuts are a kind of bean that get more negative reviews. I don't understand why beans are so anti-Paleo. Maybe because people didn't realize that soaking/ cooking were needed to make them edible( in Paleo times). But a lot of the Native Americans consumed them without problems.

harechallenge

Back to top Go down

Post  SonofOdin Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:44 am

Very interesting, I've never heard of fava beans I'll need to look for them at the store. Do you still have the article/study you read that explains the hgh increase? Thank you for the contribution by the way, was hoping we'd get more opinions in here but I've been doing some research independently and may post some stuff in this thread once I can come to a conclusion.
SonofOdin
SonofOdin

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:55 am

SonofOdin wrote:Very interesting, I've never heard of fava beans I'll need to look for them at the store. Do you still have the article/study you read that explains the hgh increase? Thank you for the contribution by the way, was hoping we'd get more opinions in here but I've been doing some research independently and may post some stuff in this thread once I can come to a conclusion.

Hannibal Lecter was a fan Smile

Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:58 am

Speaking of beans, are they considered paleo if you soak them in water for like 12 hours, I read something like that.

Also, is it considered "soaking" the beans if I buy them canned in water with salt added as a preservative?  Since technically they are...Kind of "soaking" for a long time Very Happy

I'm not talking about those brown sugar laden baked beans, just simple beans, but not loose, canned in water with salt added as a preservative.  I use great northern (white) beans, pinto beans, and black beans.

Ever since I can remember I've been eating white beans mixed with rapini (broccoli rabe), or escarole most days of the week for dinner.

johndoe1225

Back to top Go down

Post  harechallenge Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:24 am

Fava beans raise l-dopa and testosterone according to alot of recent press. Some negatives are possible allergies or reactions when on medicine or the like.
They also called broad beans. The taste is like mashed potatoes. According to an article, they are as good as PEDs and not obviuosly not prohibited.
To be consumed in moderation and as per directions. It's sold in cans and dry bags.

harechallenge

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down