Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Grating And Then Eating Lemon Peels EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Grating And Then Eating Lemon Peels EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Grating And Then Eating Lemon Peels EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Grating And Then Eating Lemon Peels EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Grating And Then Eating Lemon Peels EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Grating And Then Eating Lemon Peels EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Grating And Then Eating Lemon Peels EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Grating And Then Eating Lemon Peels EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Grating And Then Eating Lemon Peels EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Grating And Then Eating Lemon Peels

+3
NYJets
Grateful
johndoe1225
7 posters

Go down

Grating And Then Eating Lemon Peels Empty Grating And Then Eating Lemon Peels

Post  johndoe1225 Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:58 am

Hey all

I use a lot of lemons and until now have just been throwing them away after squeezing, but you can eat the skin, right? And pretty much the whole fruit (the flesh too obviously)?

Should I just take a cheese grater and shave the skin off to make it easy to swallow?

Thanks

johndoe1225

Back to top Go down

Grating And Then Eating Lemon Peels Empty Re: Grating And Then Eating Lemon Peels

Post  Grateful Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:07 am

I actually juice the whole lemon with the peel. It makes the juice less tart and is kind of creamier in texture. I sweeten either with stevia or honey and it tastes great. No wastage of the many beneficial nutrients that are found in the peel. Of course, wash the lemon thoroughly before putting it into the juicer.

Grateful

Back to top Go down

Grating And Then Eating Lemon Peels Empty Re: Grating And Then Eating Lemon Peels

Post  NYJets Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:10 am

Paging JDP afro
NYJets
NYJets

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:10 pm

Yeah I'd definitely have to wash it really good

johndoe1225

Back to top Go down

Post  Odysseus Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:54 am

Wait, what?

Odysseus

Back to top Go down

Post  cdto2012 Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:08 am

As I think about the idea of eating lemon peels I should pass on the following concerns. For many citrus like oranges, the peels are painted to make the ideal color. Pesticides and antifugals are heavy duty toxins that are made to not wash off with rain. Even organic can be sprayed with cheap dishwashing soap, ground up dead bugs, or serious oils like geranium.
Mostly even if organic, shipping crates can be sprayed with arsenic (for termites) or even have random chemicals like brake fluid or motor oil. Also produce is shipped in from anywhere in the word like Mexico, who knows where they use sewerage to fertilize with. It is a cheap and available source of fertilizer.

cdto2012

Back to top Go down

Post  Odysseus Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:27 am

Yup.

Odysseus

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:37 am

cdto2012 wrote:As I think about the idea of eating lemon peels I should pass on the following concerns. For many citrus like oranges, the peels are painted to make the ideal color. Pesticides and antifugals are heavy duty toxins that are made to not wash off with rain. Even organic can be sprayed with cheap dishwashing soap, ground up dead bugs, or serious oils like geranium.
   Mostly even if organic, shipping crates can be sprayed with arsenic (for termites) or even have random chemicals like brake fluid or motor oil. Also produce is shipped in from anywhere in the word like Mexico, who knows where they use sewerage to fertilize with. It is a cheap and available source of fertilizer.  

Eeeeeeeew...Good point.

Maybe I'll just scoop out all the flesh and eat that Very Happy

johndoe1225

Back to top Go down

Post  rofl Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:43 pm

now lets talk about people who dont wash and only peel(or not even peel) mushrooms grown in poop and god knows what else.
rofl
rofl

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:06 pm

rofl wrote:now lets talk about people who dont wash and only peel(or not even peel) mushrooms grown in poop and god knows what else.

You are a credit to the community.

johndoe1225

Back to top Go down

Post  UzumakiNaruto Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:17 pm

johndoe1225 wrote:Hey all

I use a lot of lemons and until now have just been throwing them away after squeezing, but you can eat the skin, right?  And pretty much the whole fruit (the flesh too obviously)?

Should I just take a cheese grater and shave the skin off to make it easy to swallow?

Thanks

That applies to the skin of grapes and oranges too(i find that my nieces have this bad habit on discarding the skin away)- they are highly enriched in vitamins.

UzumakiNaruto

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down