Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
CKST: Cheap Kitchen Sink Topical EmptyToday at 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
CKST: Cheap Kitchen Sink Topical EmptyYesterday at 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
CKST: Cheap Kitchen Sink Topical EmptyYesterday at 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
CKST: Cheap Kitchen Sink Topical EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
CKST: Cheap Kitchen Sink Topical EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
CKST: Cheap Kitchen Sink Topical EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
CKST: Cheap Kitchen Sink Topical EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
CKST: Cheap Kitchen Sink Topical EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
CKST: Cheap Kitchen Sink Topical EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

CKST: Cheap Kitchen Sink Topical

2 posters

Go down

CKST: Cheap Kitchen Sink Topical Empty CKST: Cheap Kitchen Sink Topical

Post  magic_gro Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:09 am

Can we come up with a cheap practical and convenient topical made of multiple ingredients?

Maybe each ingredient could be present in relatively smaller concentration than if it was a single active ingredient play, not going overboard with any single one of the ingredients.

The chosen ingredients would each have the following properties:

1. very cheap individually
  2. highly soluble
  3. stable in solution even when mixed with several other things
  4. low reactivity
  5. very safe from systemic sides (or in a concentration adjusted for safety)
  6. non interfering
  7. [extra, for some of us]natural

If something doesn't pass any of the "tests" above, it should be dropped from the list. For example, exogenous PGE2 doesn't pass the test number 1, being expensive. For some of us, there might be an extra "test" to be passed, which is being naturals. Just drop all the non-natural stuff from the list. For example Minoxdil 5% doesn't pass test number 2 and test number 5, and the extra test number 7. But Minoxidil 1% would pass all tests except for the extra test number 7. Melatonin 10% would not pass test number 2, being at saturation in ethanol, but Melatonin 0.3% would pass all tests. Of course our vehicle doesn't need to be pure ethanol, but I am just trying to keep the example simple.

As a strawman proposal I am thinking of mixing the following things. Please help me short-list them to fewer and fewer ones, which would make things simpler. I will edit and update the list, striking them through and adding the reason next to them. I can also add new entries if you have good suggestions. In the list, there's also stuff that I don't like, for example Adenosine. I am just putting it there, but if enough people don't like it, I will be very glad to remove it. Everything that is there for now is there just in order to provoke thoughts.

• VPA
  • Sucralfate
  • Extra Virgin Castor Oil - no more than 3-5% because of viscosity
  • Mucopolysaccharides a la Surge Plus 14 Hair Revitalizer / NetWurks Xcel-21 Hair Growth Revitalizer
  • Adelmidrol 2% -OR- Palmitoylethanolamide 2% + DMSO
  • MSM
  • Calcitirol/Calcipotriol
  • L-ascorbic acid 2-phosphate
  • pyridoxal 5-phosphate
  • melatonin 0.3-0.5% in the evening version of the topical
  • caffeine in the morning version of the topical -OR- adenosine in both the morning
  • version and the evening version
  • polysorbate 80 (as per the original Finnish study)
  • -EITHER- zinc sulfate -OR- ZnP -OR- minoxidil 1-2% -OR- minoxidil sulphate 1-2% -OR- minoxidil 1% + minoxidil sulphate 1% -OR- zinc sulfate + ZnP
  • essential oils of rosemary, peppermint, thyme, lavender, lemon, melaleuca, cedarwood, ylang ylang
  • betamethasone + isotretinoin
  • betasitosterol - not in solution, but rather in suspension thanks to the polysorbate 80

I would not use any form of Minoxidil together with caffeine or zinc/ZnP in the same topical or any other topical or shampoo.

Pyridoxal 5-phosphate + Zinc sulfate + Betasitosterol + Polysorbate 80 have already been successfully used together in Super Zix II.

What would you take out? What would you add?

thank you!
magic_gro
magic_gro

Back to top Go down

CKST: Cheap Kitchen Sink Topical Empty Re: CKST: Cheap Kitchen Sink Topical

Post  magic_gro Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:27 am

First solution that I compounded today with my magnetic stirrer:

• 20ml of 190-proof grain alcohol
  • 300mg (1.5%) MSM
  • 6 drops each of rosemary verbenone, lemon, peppermint, lavender essential oils
  • 1ml (5%) extra virgin castor oil

The solution has a clear color and seems very nice and refreshing when applied. Can't add any DMSO for now, as I am keeping it in an old dermenodex plastic bottle.

Will add more stuff from the kitchen sink list in the next days and report back.
magic_gro
magic_gro

Back to top Go down

Post  georgecostanza Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:37 am

Hi,

I noticed you considered Palmitoylethanolamide/PEA, have you tried it or heard anyone using it? Do you know if its said PGD2 decreasing is due to COX inhibition or some other way where PGE2 would decrease as well?

Thanks

georgecostanza

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down