Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Gwyneth:  Just Label It EmptyToday at 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Gwyneth:  Just Label It EmptyToday at 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Gwyneth:  Just Label It EmptyYesterday at 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Gwyneth:  Just Label It EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Gwyneth:  Just Label It EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Gwyneth:  Just Label It EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Gwyneth:  Just Label It EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Gwyneth:  Just Label It EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Gwyneth:  Just Label It EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Gwyneth: Just Label It

3 posters

Go down

Gwyneth:  Just Label It Empty Gwyneth: Just Label It

Post  Delphine Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:14 am

Got this email from Gwyneth Paltrow today! cheers

Dear Jenifer.

I am writing to ask for your help to prevent a terrible law from being passed. On August 5, I am joining Just Label It in Washington, D.C to fight for mandatory GMO labeling – something supported by 90 percent of Americans.

Last week, the House of Representatives passed what we call the Deny Americans the Right to Know – or DARK – Act. This bill would make it effectively impossible for America to enact the same kind of mandatory GMO labeling that exists in 64 other nations – and it would overturn existing GMO labeling laws in states like Vermont, Connecticut and Maine.

There’s still time for us to make our voices heard. On August 5, we want to bring 100,000 petition signatures to show Senators and the President we’re serious about our right to know and choose what we’re eating and how our foods are grown.

We need your help: Will you sign our petition today?

Click here to join our petition: http://signforgood.com/stopthedarkact/?code=JLI

There’s no dancing around it. Last week’s House vote was bought and paid for by Big Food and its allies – like Monsanto – that have a vested interest in keeping Americans in the dark about their food.

But now it’s our turn to show our strength: If we can come together, we can stop this bill before it becomes a reality.

Help us reach 100,000 Americans against the DARK Act by August 5: Click here to call on Senators and the White House to support our right to know what we’re feeding our families by opposing the DARK Act.

Thank you for joining Just Label It and me. I will keep you posted on our progress.

All my best wishes,

Gwyneth Paltrow

P.S. When it comes to the food we feed our families, we all need to make our voices heard. Click here to sign our petition and urge Senators and the White House to reject the DARK Act.
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Gwyneth:  Just Label It Empty Re: Gwyneth: Just Label It

Post  Hairbeback Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:00 pm

Nice cheers Very Happy

I don't know much about the GMO debate. Heard a little bit from their side and some from the people against it. One thing I heard from the GMO side was the studies some doctor did on rats? They said those rats were known to get tumors even with out GMOs so they study was weak. I would like to learn more from both sides of the argument

Hairbeback

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:15 pm

Drought could be one of the effects.

http://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/california-drought-surprising-cause
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  Gates Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:08 am

Unfortunately in the US the state of affairs is this:

There are the people.

And then there are corporations.

The "representative" components of our government (congress) represent corporations. They act to protect and enforce corporations against the people, not the other way around.

In other words, we the people have been bought out.

Petitions and letters aren't going to stop a concentrated force of power like that. The only hope we have, because social forces are still operating, is to bring as much light to something as possible. Like the case w/ SOPA. The curtain hasn't quite dropped to the point where the government is ready to just expose militant rule yet, and so if we can get as much negative press as much global exposure as possible, there's a shot.

But we look at something like the TPP agreement just thus summer, and you kind of see we don't have much say anymore. When I'm ready and able, I'll be glad to get the fuck out of here.

Thanks for the post, Delphine.

Gates

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:03 pm

It's not just here in the USA, Gates.  Although it is arguably worse.  Home of the free, yeah right.

Ultimately the most powerful approach is to create change from within.  Being the change we want to see, in Gandhi's words.
Krishnamurti too:  "You are the world."
This may seem very esoteric but that's how it works.  "It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness."

Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down