Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Question about 5ar, DHT, and libido for anyone in the know. EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Question about 5ar, DHT, and libido for anyone in the know. EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Question about 5ar, DHT, and libido for anyone in the know. EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Question about 5ar, DHT, and libido for anyone in the know. EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Question about 5ar, DHT, and libido for anyone in the know. EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Question about 5ar, DHT, and libido for anyone in the know. EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Question about 5ar, DHT, and libido for anyone in the know. EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Question about 5ar, DHT, and libido for anyone in the know. EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Question about 5ar, DHT, and libido for anyone in the know. EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Question about 5ar, DHT, and libido for anyone in the know.

3 posters

Go down

Question about 5ar, DHT, and libido for anyone in the know. Empty Question about 5ar, DHT, and libido for anyone in the know.

Post  sizzlinghairs Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:28 pm

For anyone with knowledge of this subject, I have a question..

So I think it's well known now DHT plays a role in a proper libido/sexual function. Maybe some more than others, but still the case in the male body.

I seem to be one of the more sensitive ones to DHT levels needing to be optimal for proper libido/sexual function.

-Now my question is: Is 5-ar also specifically responsible for sexual function? Or is it just the secondary ingredient needed to make DHT, and that's as far as 5-ar role goes in sexual function.

-Im asking my question because, say I was to use a natural supplement that worked for me hairloss wise, but it was a 5-ar blocker (assuming it might be working for hairloss wise in other ways besides 5-ar blocking). Could I technically just start eating foods to promote 5-ar/DHT to keep my libido/DHT at a healthy level?

-More specifically, I could measure my DHT levels with a bloodtest before taking the supp and then keep track of levels during to make sure everything was ok?

-Which brings me back around to my main question again: if taking a 5-ar blocker (assuming thats its only negative effect) does one just have to keep track of DHT levels to make sure everything is ok hormonally?

Thanks in advance to anyone in the know!

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Question about 5ar, DHT, and libido for anyone in the know. Empty Re: Question about 5ar, DHT, and libido for anyone in the know.

Post  LawOfThelema Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:02 pm

sizzlinghairs wrote:For anyone with knowledge of this subject, I have a question..

So I think it's well known now DHT plays a role in a proper libido/sexual function. Maybe some more than others, but still the case in the male body.

I seem to be one of the more sensitive ones to DHT levels needing to be optimal for proper libido/sexual function.

-Now my question is: Is 5-ar also specifically responsible for sexual function? Or is it just the secondary ingredient needed to make DHT, and that's as far as 5-ar role goes in sexual function.

-Im asking my question because, say I was to use a natural supplement that worked for me hairloss wise, but it was a 5-ar blocker (assuming it might be working for hairloss wise in other ways besides 5-ar blocking). Could I technically just start eating foods to promote 5-ar/DHT to keep my libido/DHT at a healthy level?

-More specifically, I could measure my DHT levels with a bloodtest before taking the supp and then keep track of levels during to make sure everything was ok?

-Which brings me back around to my main question again: if taking a 5-ar blocker (assuming thats its only negative effect) does one just have to keep track of DHT levels to make sure everything is ok hormonally?

Thanks in advance to anyone in the know!

so you want to use a 5aRI to decrease your 5aR / DHT, then you want to eat foods to... increase your 5aR.

I think you need to rethink what you are doing.

So whats the point of taking the 5aRI supplement in the first place?

You will be negating any benefit it gives to your hair (presuming it gives the benefit via the inhibition).

LawOfThelema

Back to top Go down

Question about 5ar, DHT, and libido for anyone in the know. Empty Re: Question about 5ar, DHT, and libido for anyone in the know.

Post  sizzlinghairs Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:36 am

Well yeah, thats what I wrote in my initial question, assuming that the majority of the positive effect *doesnt* come from inhibition.

Anyways, back to the question, is all I need to monitor DHT or does 5-ar play some other specific role when it comes to libido/sexual function?

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:35 pm

thinking about hopping on a Anti 5AR? To be honest with you man.. you are playing roulette. In some people.. it works great and nothing bad happens regarding sexual function and these drugs saved there hair and life is great. Although.. who really knows the long term effects since it is hardly studied. In other people... shit goes bad. You're asking really advanced questions that is still largely misunderstood. Even the role of finasteride in blocking sexual function is mostly completely unknown and no one knows the actual cause. Dopamine plays another part in sexual function and has a relationship with testosterone. I know on finaterisde, dopamine goes up exponentially as well as T. It causes some crash from everything being overloaded.

Try looking around google scholar for more info.
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:18 am

No sir, nothing extreme like propecia. Just mild topical alternatives known to have some anti 5ar effect like green tea and coconut oil. I'm actually using both right now with positive effect (it seems) but since libido is such a tricky thing to keep track of I wanted to see about blood tests to make sure everything is in good range, hence me asking this question.

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down