Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Anyone know anything about Boron supplementation? Is it safe to take daily? What dose? EmptyYesterday at 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Anyone know anything about Boron supplementation? Is it safe to take daily? What dose? EmptyYesterday at 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Anyone know anything about Boron supplementation? Is it safe to take daily? What dose? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Anyone know anything about Boron supplementation? Is it safe to take daily? What dose? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Anyone know anything about Boron supplementation? Is it safe to take daily? What dose? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Anyone know anything about Boron supplementation? Is it safe to take daily? What dose? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Anyone know anything about Boron supplementation? Is it safe to take daily? What dose? EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Anyone know anything about Boron supplementation? Is it safe to take daily? What dose? EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Anyone know anything about Boron supplementation? Is it safe to take daily? What dose? EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Anyone know anything about Boron supplementation? Is it safe to take daily? What dose?

3 posters

Go down

Anyone know anything about Boron supplementation? Is it safe to take daily? What dose? Empty Anyone know anything about Boron supplementation? Is it safe to take daily? What dose?

Post  sizzlinghairs Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:49 am

I've read boron can increase testosterone and DHT. I actually want to raise my DHT a bit.

Anyways, does anyone know if it's safe to take long term and at what dose?

Thanks!!

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Anyone know anything about Boron supplementation? Is it safe to take daily? What dose? Empty Re: Anyone know anything about Boron supplementation? Is it safe to take daily? What dose?

Post  Gates Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:11 am

I take Jarrow Formulas Bone-Up supplement, in part as testosterone support, although its a little low on zinc. It contains 3 mg of boron and is taken daily.

The UL for adults is 20 mg and you should be safe taking it daily under that dosage, and I don't believe you need to go that high either. 3 mg seems to be an industry standard in many of the supplements I've looked at. Not that this suggests optimal - haven't seen anything that does suggest optimal so we're considering safety - but given that many people are likely to have used this dosage without adverse sides, it gives you a benchmark.

Gates

Back to top Go down

Anyone know anything about Boron supplementation? Is it safe to take daily? What dose? Empty Re: Anyone know anything about Boron supplementation? Is it safe to take daily? What dose?

Post  sizzlinghairs Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:33 am

Thanks.

The study I read mentioned boron at 10 mg/day. I wonder if that would be safe. I also bough the 3 mg recently. I thjnk the other study mentioned 6-8 mg ..

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:44 am

sizzlinghairs - I take it everyday.

It's not anti-hair (it's anti-infection).

In my case, I take it in the form of FruiteX-B via Decalcify (more info about this below).

http://hairevo.com/shop/content/16-what-is-fruitex-b-calcium-fructoborate

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:23 am

Thanks CS.

What is the max you think safe daily to take? I would like to emulate the study using 10mg or 6-8mg/day. Are these ranges safe or too much?

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  Gates Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:54 am

Sizzling,

See link: http://iom.edu/Activities/Nutrition/SummaryDRIs/~/media/Files/Activity%20Files/Nutrition/DRIs/ULs%20for%20Vitamins%20and%20Elements.pdf

Institute of Medicine's table of tolerable upper limits of intake for the vitamins and minerals. Minerals are on the second sheet.

If you take a look at the other ULs for various things, you'll see these UL's are quite conservative. Only slightly in some cases. But I'm pointing out the trend. Vit D for example is given an UL of 100 ug/d. That's less than 5,000 international units daily. I've taken 5,000 iu daily for years. I know people who take twice that amount. There have been studies to suggest no adverse effects at much, much higher. Zinc as well. It has a UL of 40 mg/d. I've taken 100 mg/d for extended periods of time with no adverse sides. I've gone higher than this. Some of the minerals carry a greater risk than others, which is why it pays to do your research beforehand. Getting a little extra boron, for example, isn't going to hurt you. Going to high on iodine too quickly could produce quite the episode though. (Obviously the given UL for iodine is lower than we'd consider optimal; so again use this table for determining a safe level to start taking something at).

So keep this in mind. That's not to say to approach these guidelines with reckless abandon and experiment willy nilly either.

But as far as Boron is concerned, up to 20 mg/d is considered safe. Optimal? Who knows. Experiment and find what works for you.

Gates

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:33 pm

Thanks gates.

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down