Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Vagus Nerve / Inflammation Connection EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Vagus Nerve / Inflammation Connection EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Vagus Nerve / Inflammation Connection EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Vagus Nerve / Inflammation Connection EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Vagus Nerve / Inflammation Connection EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Vagus Nerve / Inflammation Connection EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Vagus Nerve / Inflammation Connection EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Vagus Nerve / Inflammation Connection EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Vagus Nerve / Inflammation Connection EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Vagus Nerve / Inflammation Connection

4 posters

Go down

Vagus Nerve / Inflammation Connection Empty Vagus Nerve / Inflammation Connection

Post  Columbo Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:49 am

Fascinating piece connecting the vagus nerve and inflammation:

http://mosaicscience.com/story/hacking-nervous-system

Low vagal tone, however, has been associated with chronic inflammation. As part of the immune system, inflammation has a useful role helping the body to heal after an injury, for example, but it can damage organs and blood vessels if it persists when it is not needed. One of the vagus nerve’s jobs is to reset the immune system and switch off production of proteins that fuel inflammation. Low vagal tone means this regulation is less effective and inflammation can become excessive.

Plenty of meditation, please and thank you

Those who meditated showed a significant rise in vagal tone

Diaphragmatic breathing and exercising plenty too.

And apparently initiating the "diving reflex" strengthens the vagus too... simply immerse your face in cold water to trigger the reflex. Nuts
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Vagus Nerve / Inflammation Connection Empty Re: Vagus Nerve / Inflammation Connection

Post  Zaphod Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:32 am

Columbo wrote:Fascinating piece connecting the vagus nerve and inflammation:

Low vagal tone, however, has been associated with chronic inflammation. As part of the immune system, inflammation has a useful role helping the body to heal after an injury, for example, but it can damage organs and blood vessels if it persists when it is not needed. One of the vagus nerve’s jobs is to reset the immune system and switch off production of proteins that fuel inflammation. Low vagal tone means this regulation is less effective and inflammation can become excessive.

And apparently initiating the "diving reflex" strengthens the vagus too... simply immerse your face in cold water to trigger the reflex. Nuts

humming, talking with lower voice, and singing is promoting vagal tone as well. sometimes in the car, i am all voices... farao

Zaphod

Back to top Go down

Vagus Nerve / Inflammation Connection Empty Re: Vagus Nerve / Inflammation Connection

Post  Columbo Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:14 am

Beebrox wrote:
Columbo wrote:Fascinating piece connecting the vagus nerve and inflammation:

humming, talking with lower voice, and singing is promoting vagal tone as well. sometimes in the car, i am all voices... farao

ha, cool.

saw a study on pubmed that showed humming releases nitric oxide in the nose and opens up the breathing pathways
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post  SonofOdin Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:59 am

What do you do if you're a man and have a penile nerve instead?

....ok bad joke carry on
SonofOdin
SonofOdin

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperMechanioventraliosis Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:12 am

Intersting article! I will look more into vagal tone.

I did read this from the article:

http://mosaicscience.com/ wrote:The strength of your vagus response is known as your vagal tone and it can be determined by using an electrocardiogram to measure heart rate. Every time you breathe in, your heart beats faster in order to speed the flow of oxygenated blood around your body. Breathe out and your heart rate slows. This variability is one of many things regulated by the vagus nerve, which is active when you breathe out but suppressed when you breathe in, so the bigger your difference in heart rate when breathing in and out, the higher your vagal tone

Back in the winter, I was heavy into correcting my breathing pattern, so I was using Frolov's Device along with an app called "paced breathing", which can be used to gradually increase exhale period from 10s to 20s etc.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.apps.paced.breathing

I reached an exhale of 20s, and my attention span was just amazing. I also had a couple of months in which I was completely free of hairloss-worry, as it seemed I was shedding only 5-10 hairs daily.

This might be too out there, but I had a feeling that life happend between the breaths, My CP was so good, I could focus on whatever at hand, and only breathe when shifting thoughts. It was a pretty huge contrast from my usual constant breathing in and out.

I think the device strengthens the diaphragm, and makes it easier to control. But I am now thinking the vagal tone must have had a saying in it. I am starting with the device again, and have currently an exhale of 15s.
I think using the app while meditating might have a good effect, to control the breathing

SuperMechanioventraliosis

Back to top Go down

Post  Columbo Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:40 am

Good stuff, Super. Going to give that breathing app a blast. A weak diaphragm must surely equate to poor breathing which creates a cascade of issues so I love your concept of exercising the diaphragm directly. Seems a smart move

I've found meditation to have a huge positive effect on my stress/relaxation levels, headspace.com is excellent.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down