Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Somewhat OT: how do you guys  **mentally** Deal with being significantly less attractive b/c of hairloss? EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Somewhat OT: how do you guys  **mentally** Deal with being significantly less attractive b/c of hairloss? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Somewhat OT: how do you guys  **mentally** Deal with being significantly less attractive b/c of hairloss? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Somewhat OT: how do you guys  **mentally** Deal with being significantly less attractive b/c of hairloss? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Somewhat OT: how do you guys  **mentally** Deal with being significantly less attractive b/c of hairloss? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Somewhat OT: how do you guys  **mentally** Deal with being significantly less attractive b/c of hairloss? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Somewhat OT: how do you guys  **mentally** Deal with being significantly less attractive b/c of hairloss? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Somewhat OT: how do you guys  **mentally** Deal with being significantly less attractive b/c of hairloss? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Somewhat OT: how do you guys  **mentally** Deal with being significantly less attractive b/c of hairloss? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Somewhat OT: how do you guys **mentally** Deal with being significantly less attractive b/c of hairloss?

5 posters

Go down

Somewhat OT: how do you guys  **mentally** Deal with being significantly less attractive b/c of hairloss? Empty Somewhat OT: how do you guys **mentally** Deal with being significantly less attractive b/c of hairloss?

Post  sizzlinghairs Mon May 25, 2015 4:53 am

Hairloss dramatically effects **physical** attractiveness IMO.

I understand working on transcending that with a foundation of confidence in oneself regardless of the situation is the goal. Of course.

But when realizing you are less physically attractive, what do you guys tell yourself mentally to have that just roll off your back? Do you just rely on internal confidence and charm and have that be your source of feeling good?

Im not looking for a debate on whether hairloss makes us less physically attractive or not. I'm askin to go into this discussion theoretically saying it 100% does.

(Also not looking for answers like, "improve other parts of your physical appearance". That is a given.)

Just curious on what everyone's mental strategy for dealing with the dramatic physical deterioration hairloss causes.

Thanks!

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Somewhat OT: how do you guys  **mentally** Deal with being significantly less attractive b/c of hairloss? Empty Re: Somewhat OT: how do you guys **mentally** Deal with being significantly less attractive b/c of hairloss?

Post  TheDivineMarquis Mon May 25, 2015 6:52 am

Well, part of what makes a man sexually attractive -  from both an evolutionary standpoint, and from an empirical one - it´s what we may call «status»: the image of a man is the result of his behaviour, looks and reputation. I think we make a mistake by assuming that women look in men the same thing we look for in them - if that were to be true, all the goodlooking guys I know would be sucessfull with women, wich is not the case. The way I see it: men dont need to be pretty to be attractive; it helps a lot, and mainly because it gives you confidence, but it´s not enough. Also, there´s a lot of bald men that are amazingly attractive: mark strong, jason statham and jude law (he soon will be, I believe).

Its true you will be less pretty and women wont stare at you so easily, but you can have charm - wich beats prettyness. The way you talk, walk, dress and move when you are next to women - that is far more important than beauty. At least thats what experience taught me. And also, there are far worst things than being bald: being fat, or to have crooked theeth or eyes, being deformed, having a stupid voice, etc.

The bottom line is: being bald sucks, because its becomes a little more difficult to be very attractive; wich doesnt mean you wont be attractive. You will be probably not as much attractive as some guys are, but like it or not, that happens whether you have hair or not.
TheDivineMarquis
TheDivineMarquis

Back to top Go down

Somewhat OT: how do you guys  **mentally** Deal with being significantly less attractive b/c of hairloss? Empty Re: Somewhat OT: how do you guys **mentally** Deal with being significantly less attractive b/c of hairloss?

Post  Growdamnit Mon May 25, 2015 6:54 am

Just laugh it off. I'm doing everything I can about it. Anything past that line I shouldn't be concerned with.

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  Columbo Mon May 25, 2015 6:57 am

It basically boils down to being attractive, doesn't it? I'm not admitting defeat yet but I've found comfort in developing sort of "role models" of blokes who are balding who women still find attractive:

Bruce Willis
Michael Chiklis
Corey Stoll
Jason Statham
Terry O’Quinn
Mark Strong
Stanley Tucci
LL Cool J
Ben Kingsley
etc. etc.

Granted quite a few of them are good looking bastards but not all of them.  Use the fear of hairloss to motivate yourself to get yourself in shape and/or sort your fashion style and/or sort your actual lifestyle to be more attractive (like become a famous actor ha) etc. so many different angles ... sort your shit out and women will see you for a man of worth, and hair becomes mostly irrelevant (of course some women won't be attracted to baldies, on the other hand quite a few are)

or put another way, women will find a bald dude who's got his shit together ( e.g. health, style, lifestyle, body shape, be cultured, learn to display values like confidence or intelligence or humour or compassion etc.) much more attractive than your average dude with hair who hasn't. it's not to hard to give yourself a new attractive edge or two with a bit of work. going bald can be quite a useful motivator in this respect  Cool

Last edited by Columbo on Mon May 25, 2015 7:01 am; edited 3 times in total
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Columbo Mon May 25, 2015 6:58 am

TheDivineMarquis wrote:Well, part of what makes a man sexually attractive -  from both an evolutionary standpoint, and from an empirical one - it´s what we may call «status»: the image of a man is the result of his behaviour, looks and reputation. I think we make a mistake by assuming that women look in men the same thing we look for in them - if that were to be true, all the goodlooking guys I know would be sucessfull with women, wich is not the case. The way I see it: men dont need to be pretty to be attractive; it helps a lot, and mainly because it gives you confidence, but it´s not enough. Also, there´s a lot of bald men that are amazingly attractive: mark strong, jason statham and jude law (he soon will be, I believe).

Its true you will be less pretty and women wont stare at you so easily, but you can have charm - wich beats prettyness. The way you talk, walk, dress and move when you are next to women - that is far more important than beauty. At least thats what experience taught me. And also, there are far worst things than being bald: being fat, or to have crooked theeth or eyes, being deformed, having a stupid voice, etc.

The bottom line is: being bald sucks, because its becomes a little more difficult to be very attractive; wich doesnt mean you wont be attractive. You will be probably not as much attractive as some guys are, but like it or not, that happens whether you have hair or not.

ha! great minds...
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs Mon May 25, 2015 8:56 am

Thanks for the feedback so far guys. Some useful thoughts.

Man, those guys (not the grossly ugly ones, or with other major physical problems) with full heads of hair just don't know how good they have it. Life so much more easier , less stress, able to fu*kin age gracefully.

What a blessing

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  SonofOdin Mon May 25, 2015 9:47 am

I become extremely obsessed with my hobbies, work etc. and use it for justification for just about anything.

Ex. 'Better not go out with coworkers tonight as the lost sleep will impact my workout tomorrow' Or the lolziest one: 'No time for gfs, only get in way of gym, work, school...'

...Worst part is I work part time retail so focusing on keeping hours open for that is quite delusional, I'm even going to have to quit for my transplant. But srs, just stay as busy as you can, get enjoyment from personal accomplishments however small.
SonofOdin
SonofOdin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down