Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
BCM-95 / Reserveratol Destroying My Hair? EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
BCM-95 / Reserveratol Destroying My Hair? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
BCM-95 / Reserveratol Destroying My Hair? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
BCM-95 / Reserveratol Destroying My Hair? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
BCM-95 / Reserveratol Destroying My Hair? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
BCM-95 / Reserveratol Destroying My Hair? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
BCM-95 / Reserveratol Destroying My Hair? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
BCM-95 / Reserveratol Destroying My Hair? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
BCM-95 / Reserveratol Destroying My Hair? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

BCM-95 / Reserveratol Destroying My Hair?

+18
scottyc33
kijumn
Decro435
DM5
ataman
hapyman
GoodThings
Amaranthaceae
europe
Gibson
hadrion
Nuada
youngbalder
halfempty
CausticSymmetry
The Natural
jksl
zeus
22 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

BCM-95 / Reserveratol Destroying My Hair? Empty BCM-95 / Reserveratol Destroying My Hair?

Post  zeus Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:22 pm

I've been taking 1 capsule of each daily for a little over 2 months and my hair has been getting worse at a dramatic rate. Is there any reason why these would actually aggravate the my MBP? I've been on some form of the top six consistently for over the last year and have failed to make any progress on my hair loss. I thought maybe the recent switch from 7HMR would help, but not sign of that happening Sad

If I was to take these 2 supplements out, what should I substitute in to replace their function? Should I press on longer with them?

zeus

Back to top Go down

BCM-95 / Reserveratol Destroying My Hair? Empty Re: BCM-95 / Reserveratol Destroying My Hair?

Post  jksl Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:38 pm

getting worse in what way? diffuse thinning? or receding of the hairline? if receding, i'd stop immediately.
jksl
jksl

Back to top Go down

BCM-95 / Reserveratol Destroying My Hair? Empty Re: BCM-95 / Reserveratol Destroying My Hair?

Post  zeus Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:13 pm

My temples had been receding slowly. After starting the BCM-95/Res combo I've had a lot of diffusion all over the front half of my scalp, to the extent where I used to have full coverage, I can no longer comb my hair to hide scalp from showing through. The middle of my hairline has also started to open up which has really startled me. My hairline has miniaturized so much it's hard to say I even have one any more (was NW2). I wouldn't say my temples have receded much farther, but now the loss is headed upwards towards the middle of my head.

I know it sounds drastic/crazy, but I wasn't anticipating my hair being this bad for another year or so based on my previous rate of loss.

zeus

Back to top Go down

Post  The Natural Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:35 pm

zeus,

I am sorry to hear about your progress. But it is important that we post our experiences with a particular combination of herbs, whether positive or negative. I just recently stopped taking green tea extract all together because it was, I believe, negatively affecting the other herbs that I was taking. However, other people seem to benefit from it.

I have stated this numerous times, we need to pay more attention to how herbs interact together. And
if we are not seeing any progress with a certain combination of herbs, then perhaps it is time to stop, and try another combination. It should not be about adding more herbs. Perhaps the key in your case would be to subtract herbs from your regimen.

What is your present regimen?

TN

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Post  zeus Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:09 pm

Hey Natural, thanks for stepping up because I know you have a lot of success with these. Here is my complete regime:

Morning
--
LifeExtension Super Bio Curcumin: 400mg (1 Capsule)
Country Life Resveratrol: 1 Capsule
NOW Biotin: 5000mcg (1 Capsule)

Krill Oil: 1g (2 Capsule)
NOW D3+K2: 1000IU/45mcg (1 Capsule)
FibroBoost: 400mg (1 Capsule)
Sensoril: 125mg (1 Capsule)
ALA ALC Bioprene: 2 Capsule
BioSil: 5mg (1 Capsule)

Evening:
--
Maca Powder: 1 teaspoon

Krill Oil: 1g (2 Capsule)
NOW D3+K2: 1000IU/45mcg (1 Capsule)
FibroBoost: 400mg (1 Capsule)
Sensoril: 125mg (1 Capsule)
ALA ALC Bioprene: 2 Capsule
BioSil: 5mg (1 Capsule)

Other:
--
300 Diode Laser Helmet: Mon, Wed, Fri - 20 minute session (3 months in)
Topical Magnesium: Mon, Tues, Weds, Thurs, Fri
Shampoo: Jason Natural Biotin Shampoo x2 daily

Just a bit about my history. Turning 24 soon, noticed hairloss about 2.5 years ago. Have consistently been on IH Top 6 for the last year and followed the tweaks that have been made to it during that time. Tried PM for a but breasts got tender. Also tried Epilobium, Toco-8 and a few other things, including IH's topical rinse. I can't say I've really slowed down my shedding since I've started taking steps to prevent.

Right now I'm a solid NW 2.5, diffuse on top, the middle of my hair line has disappeared in the last month and a half. Whole hair line is visibly miniaturized and non-existant now in some places. I eat a very low carb diet during the week (meat + greens only) and high carb on the weekend (good carbs, very clean). No drinking, drugs, etc..

zeus

Back to top Go down

Post  zeus Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:09 pm

Really thanks for any input.. starting to really question what to do next.

zeus

Back to top Go down

Post  The Natural Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:41 pm

zeus wrote:Really thanks for any input.. starting to really question what to do next.

zeus,

Your present regimen looks wonderful on paper. I am truly shocked that you are not experiencing better results.

I can't remember if was here, or at another forum, but a poster asked me what I thought of the traditional "DHT blockers" like nettle root, beta sitosterol, saw palmetto, pygeum, and such. I responded that I had some success using these type of herbs in my initial stages of hair loss. In fact, Shen Min's Advanced Men's formula contained a DHT blocking herbal blend that returned my temples to their former glory Very Happy . But as I got older, these types of herbs became less effective for me.

Still, at 24, you are young, so DHT blocking herbs may work well for you. I think you would have to drop almost everything in your current regimen, though, in order to determine the DHT blocking herbs' true effectiveness.

TN

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:36 pm

zeus - It's possible that you might be going through a shed period, which happens from time to time. I don't get them very often, but when it happens it's really depressing.

About 6-months ago, maybe 5 I don't remember exactly I went through a really disconcerning shed. Funny thing is that I've had a few comments from people who had not seen me even before this shed and have noticed an improvement on my hair. So whatever happened is completely repaired.

I'm a hotel right now, and their Internet is kind of flakey so might have some trouble making some posts in the next day or two.

If it's not a shed, this might be a bit of a longshot but I wonder if the bioperine is doing anything. It does interact with Curcumin and Resveratrol with respect to glucuronidation.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  halfempty Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:13 am

Sometimes when going through a shed my hair will appear to be getting better.

If I obsessed about sheds every time I was in one it would drive me nuts and probably increase my hair loss.

I question how significant they are in relation to the progression of our hair loss sometimes. In other words, I feel that they sometimes just don't mean much at all. This is highly disputable though.

halfempty

Back to top Go down

Post  zeus Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:36 am

Hey thanks guys, really appreciated.

Natural-- I'm kinda weary about going on internal DHT blockers, do you think topical ones would be a good route?

Caustic-- Very interesting, I've read so much good stuff about ALC/ALA it's a shame it might be a problem. Would you suggest cutting it out in favor of keeping the BCM/Res?

zeus

Back to top Go down

Post  youngbalder Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:23 am

Zeus- Hey zeus your not alone on this negative shedding from BCM 95/resveratrol. I also started using combo 2 months and 2 weeks ago. An my crown went from not so shiny to very shiny. And my hairline is slowly receding. Im currently using biotin 500mcg, toco 8(2 months in), PM(1 month in), 400 laser helmet(1 month in), vitamin k2/ d2, alc/lipoic acid once a day, maca 3grams a day, moxxor omega 3(2 months in), jarrows probiotic(1 month in) and aubrey stocks shampoo and conditioner. My hair is at its all time worst i was going to stick till 3month mark but i dont think its going to improve because ive lost so much in my crown. Do you guys think it could be negative effect between maca and bcm95/resveratrol combo?

youngbalder

Back to top Go down

Post  Nuada Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:57 am

I've been using curcumin + resveratrol for 2.5 months(I used jarrrows curcumin for the first 2 months and switched to life extention super bio curcumin after that) or so and lately I've been shedding alot. Though it can be stress related(working on grad project) or a seasonal shedding, I can't put my finger on it. If it keeps shedding, I am thinking of dropping resveratrol and curcumin and getting back on lignans for a while to see any difference.
In october I think I'll hit the 1 year limit on IH's top 3 - 6.

Nuada

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:09 am

zeus - ALC/ALA is A-Okay, I was referring to the bioperine, which is an extra.

I like to take the Stabilized R-Lipoic acid where I get at Iherb.com but then I take my Acetyl L-Carnitine from a really cheap place. www.Bestvite.com

Anyway, the bioperine is just totally speculative on my part so no real idea.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  hadrion Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:17 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:zeus - ALC/ALA is A-Okay, I was referring to the bioperine, which is an extra.

I like to take the Stabilized R-Lipoic acid where I get at Iherb.com but then I take my Acetyl L-Carnitine from a really cheap place. www.Bestvite.com

Anyway, the bioperine is just totally speculative on my part so no real idea.

You got me worried about the bioperine now IH. I just started a supplement called Alpha Burn by RPN that has it in the ingredients.

hadrion

Back to top Go down

Post  The Natural Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:52 am

zeus wrote:Hey thanks guys, really appreciated.

Natural-- I'm kinda weary about going on internal DHT blockers, do you think topical ones would be a good route?

Caustic-- Very interesting, I've read so much good stuff about ALC/ALA it's a shame it might be a problem. Would you suggest cutting it out in favor of keeping the BCM/Res?

zeus, topical ones would be the safer route, for sure. Though, I can't speak to their efficacy.

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:01 am

I was taking three a day in divided doses, and i think it may have been impacting my hair negatively. I've been going nuts to get to the bottom of it. And I loved the supplement, so I never suspected it. Long story short, I ran out a day ago, and ordered it via two day mail--i thought I could get a bottle at vitamin shoppe to hold me over, but they don't carry it.

So I have been without for two days, and today my hair feels like it has returned to its former state. I'm relaxed and in control.

This kinda sucks though because I can feel some knee pain creeping in.

That said, I may totally be wrong, so don't take my word on it.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  The Natural Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:00 pm

Gibson,

LEF's one-a-day capsule X 3 daily? Wow, that is a lot curcumin flowing in your vines, man! Very Happy Maybe too much? But I remember that it has helped you with joint pain, so that is definitely a reason to continue using it (for that). As for our hair, I didn't have success with curcumin (four years ago), until I combined it with resveratrol (beginning last year).

TN

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:05 pm

Yeah, well the next move would be to introduce a lower dose.

Dosage can be a critical factor. BCM-95 is the real deal. I have much to evaluate before I make a conclusion.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  europe Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:11 am

zeus - I've got pretty the same regimen, actually 98% the same. IH6 , sups, 300 messiah 2, mag oil, curcu/resver, maca....

Well, 2 months ince i introduced curc/resve/krill/D3/maca AND 300 helmet....

One note : Not a good idea to put all this stuff at the same time. You did. I did it too !

similar experience : I do shed a lot too. And i'm at the point that i'm afraid to look forward to my crown etc...so depressing. So taking supps on a blind way, another stupid thing i do, but i can't help it.
I decided to stop maca to see if my shedding, itchy scalp, burning sensation and little clog of sebum like eczema (very tiny but all along my top scalp) . I also stopped ecklonia cava until my heavy detox .
well, i'm still shedding as hell.
like you, very depressed experience. Really don't know what to do now.
I'm towards to stop everything and stick with the 300 helmet.

regarding the sheddin that can occur when a good combo works : Yeah, we take new many things, and sometimes at the same moment. I definitly believe that the most important indicator even when a massive shedding is occuring IS THE SCALP SENSTION/INFLAMMATION/PIMPLES/ECZEMA/SEBUM. Well you get the point.
the question is : The shedding is good or bad ? perhaps a "good shedding" even if this is depressing occurs in an healthy scalp, a bad shedding in an inflammation scalp.

but now again we are perhaps fucked because 300 helmet can cause burning sensations, and shedding too in the beginning....

It's always the same line: spending money on supps that give us no improvment is a thing. but if that give us bad reactions, that means make things worse than if we've taken none, that really sucks.

zeus - By the way, do you firmly suspect that the curc/resve ALONE ( but combined with other things) made the things worse ?
europe
europe

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:38 am

europe, something must have gone wrong since you burn-itch-shed on that solid regimen.

Can you correlate itch with after eating something, sometimes the day after in the morning.

For some people the IH regime is not enough anti-estrogenic, and if so maybe you can benefit from a prague like- regime instead: parsley, celery, kudzu, damiana, maca, flaxseed, passion flower, dandelion, thyme, white crysanthemum.

A thing to try during itching, drink lots of fresh lemon juice mixed with water and see if it helps, if so you may be way too acidic.

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  europe Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:13 am

cpio - thanks for the reply !

yeah i try to "REFINE" the regimen now. concerning the diet, nothing has changed though.

>Can you correlate itch with after eating something, sometimes the day after in the morning.

nope. that would have been too easy !

> something must have gone wrong since you burn-itch-shed on that solid regimen.

yeah. and as zeus, i suspect curcu/resver. not sure though !

also maca.
I stopped maca for one week. Things are getting worse.
but at the same way, i quit Ecava. Perhaps that seaweed were doing the trick on inflammation. anyway if it did, i did not see any improvment during 6 months on it, that means still shedding on hair, inflammation or not. But now, i feel that i loose hair ! like zeus, a sudden lost in 2 months.

yep. perhaps i'm gonna back on jarrow's curcumin C3 or real stuff instead of bio 95.
fuck man !! ;-) it's so easy on the paper to experiment ( one by one, wait and see, add/remove etc...), and so tricky in reality, especially when hair become thinner and thinner !

Well, i just can't go like that wondering, spending too much time energy stress on that. Time that i could breathe. I've stopped in 08 all the IH stuff for 7 months. and go back in late 08 with probiotics, Ecava and all that could have blocked the effect. I throw the sponge guys !
i stop everything except perhaps Vitamin code, and finish heavy detox.
from time to time krill, borage oil.
i stick with Lasers 300, mag oil,and still scalp exercice, massage. Still with my marvellous organic diet ( fruits veggies, proteins, non refined whole carbs, almonds, macadamia nuts, walnuts,brewer's yeast,wateretc...),without forgetting lemon, thym, green tea infusion , camomilla, and acv ;-)
topical : emu oil, nizoral, Seabuckthorn, TEA TREE OIL, non sls shampoo

And i'll wait and see.

PS: I'm doing a lot of work outs thoses past days/week. But, who knows. as i said, too much datas.
lasers can be the culprit here two, and working though. or not.

Sorry for confusing. I really hope i had a success story, at least stopping my hairloss and healthy scalp ( which i had during one month 2 months ago !, but that AA is a bitch. )
I'm still a good looking guy, i can catch any girl i want for sure because i do it. The problem is that i'm working of not beeing "dependant" on my hair, i try, but you know, it's an every day routine. And i don't like me the way it is. It's a pity because i don't want my young hairline. I'm like a jude law that only want his hair STABLE ! but the jude law style start to thin on the crown very badly ( still hair but an hole is there, ( in 1,5 year) ) and on the front ( no thick at all) . And last but not least, for the jude aw style, his hair are thick and long on the front) , mine are thinner and short, that means they are dying....

But all i want is to thicken up and make them healthy again. stabilize.
this is why i believe in lllt treatments.

Sorry for your combo "the natural" ;-) you know i like you bud ! but unfortunalty it seems i havn't got the nerve to test that combo + vit E for too long ( 2 months on it only)
I prefer taking the RISK with the lasering, more feedback.

I'll have a better peace of mind to do it again ONLY IF THE HAIRTHAT I GOT STABILIZE with LLLT.

too bad, ALA gave me a beautiful body ! ;-) i'll get ALA from food only, or from time to time from pills !
i always knew i wasn't an pills addict american way of life guy ! ;-) i'm kidding you !

my post is way too long, and not constructive, sorry for that, and cheers to zeus especially !
hang on brothers !

ENJOY LIFE ANYWAY !
I'll look into Hair transplant, for sure.
europe
europe

Back to top Go down

Post  zeus Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:44 am

Hey sorry for the delay.

europe-- Yes, our regimens are very similar. The only thing I've really tweaked, previous to this massive decline in my hair, is switching to BCM-05/Res from 7HMR. I don't think 7HMR was doing a great job at the time, however, my hair looked a lot better. I also added Mag Oil about 2 weeks ago, but oddly enough, my hair always feels awesome when I'm washing it out (after my 30 minute application). Perhaps that's killing it though? I don't know.

I too get the "MBP" sensation all the time despite being on this regime. I don't know if its mental or what. By mid day my scalp tends to have "waxy build up" that I suspect is sebum, despite the fact that my hair doesn't look oily. I also wash it twice per day. I'm constantly scrapping at this build up, I have been for the last year and when I notice other guys with thinning hair they are always touching their head also. My scalp however doesn't look inflamed.

zeus

Back to top Go down

Post  GoodThings Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:30 pm

zeus, were you thinning this bad when you were on the 7hmr? I too tried curcumin and resveratrol. But i was taking them alone. Not in conjunction with the top 6. I too have lost a lot of hair especially in the front and temple area.

GoodThings

Back to top Go down

Post  youngbalder Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:36 pm

Europe- I think im going to stop bcm95/res and only use laser and other treatments for now because my crown pretty shining and is moving very rapidly to the front since i started using res/bcm-95. And you are right one thing its never jumpin into everything all at once i regret not waiting a bit.

youngbalder

Back to top Go down

Post  zeus Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:05 pm

GoodThings-- shedding on 7HMR, but so optimistic because my hair looked good. Nothing like the last 2 months on BCM-95/Res.

zeus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next