Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Sebum As A Natural Anti Inflammatory EmptyYesterday at 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Sebum As A Natural Anti Inflammatory EmptyYesterday at 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Sebum As A Natural Anti Inflammatory EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Sebum As A Natural Anti Inflammatory EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Sebum As A Natural Anti Inflammatory EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Sebum As A Natural Anti Inflammatory EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Sebum As A Natural Anti Inflammatory EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Sebum As A Natural Anti Inflammatory EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Sebum As A Natural Anti Inflammatory EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Sebum As A Natural Anti Inflammatory

4 posters

Go down

Sebum As A Natural Anti Inflammatory Empty Sebum As A Natural Anti Inflammatory

Post  gbp2000 Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:26 am

Long time since I've posted, but wanted to let people know about a new idea I'm testing out.

I've been doing detumesance and brushing for a few years now and the big thing I've got to say is get a microscope. Whatever treatment you use, use a microscope and take frequent photos. It quickly allows you to see if something works or doesn't. A simple way to do this is to use different treatment approaches on different parts of your scalp.

With detumesance I can grow hairs in areas that have been largely bald for years. Im at the point where I can generate terminal hairs in almost area with the following conditions:

- New hairs grow far easier, even in bald areas, if there is an existing terminal hair within a 2-3cm radius. In fact I suspect that there may be a probability of a new hair occurring that is governed by a Guass like bell shaped distribution from an existing hair. This means that the closer you are to an existing hair the more likely you can generate a hair from manual ( possibly all) methods.

Right now - I can't generate hairs fast enough for my liking. I'm also not sure if the growth rate can outpace my shed rate.

To boost results -  my thoughts have turned to the raised central bump that makes my head look cone shaped. I can now easily flatten it with massage, and it will slowly return in a few days. During the massage my scalp become very very greasy.

Many people think that excessive sebum correlates with hairloss. I suspect the same.

The question for me is does excess sebum cause hairloss or simply a by product of that process.

I think I can answer this by taking the left hand side of my scalp and regularly removing sebum, and not on the right hand side.

The reason for this experiment is that I recently read a paper that demonstrates that sebum contains vitamin E. Men have more sebum than females, and also have slower aging skin. It was proposed that the increased sebum delivered more Vit E  in Men, providing protection via anti oxidant / anti inflammatory properties.

If this is true, then our scalps are trying to protect themselves from some injury by releasing extra Sebum. In this case, regularly removing sebum will not help.

If the test shows more growth in a sebum controlled area, this may indicate hairloss is connected in a more meaningful way to excess sebum.

I intend to post my results in 3 months.

gbp2000

Back to top Go down

Sebum As A Natural Anti Inflammatory Empty Re: Sebum As A Natural Anti Inflammatory

Post  stanis Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:30 am

The reason for this experiment is that I recently read a paper that demonstrates that sebum contains vitamin E. Men have more sebum than females, and also have slower aging skin. It was proposed that the increased sebum delivered more Vit E in Men, providing protection via anti oxidant / anti inflammatory properties.

This is interesting, however what about all that bacteria which feeds off of sebum and may be involved partly in the inflammation and immune response when the levels of sebum become very high? It seems like it's very hard to weigh between certain things in this condition.

stanis

Back to top Go down

Sebum As A Natural Anti Inflammatory Empty Re: Sebum As A Natural Anti Inflammatory

Post  Zaphod Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:18 pm

Those with dry hair/scalp - a bit more sebum is what it's missing. I dont think it's either bad or good, but any in dependence of individuality of the sufferer. Let see what you figure out...

Zaphod

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:59 pm

zinc / p5p
taurine

can help with sebum

probably why it's so popular in acne forums

taurine stops the overproduction of collagen too

I like to think of it like this.
There is inflammation in the scalp, and like a leg injury, the body then patches it up with collagen cross linking and maybe sebum too.
However, this "injury repair mechanism" blocks off a hair follicle from forming, and is microscopic.

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down