Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
baicalin active ingredient against AGA EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
baicalin active ingredient against AGA EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
baicalin active ingredient against AGA EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
baicalin active ingredient against AGA EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
baicalin active ingredient against AGA EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
baicalin active ingredient against AGA EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
baicalin active ingredient against AGA EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
baicalin active ingredient against AGA EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
baicalin active ingredient against AGA EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

baicalin active ingredient against AGA

5 posters

Go down

baicalin active ingredient against AGA Empty baicalin active ingredient against AGA

Post  Shinobi Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:06 am

I will put here this topic because i think its very important for people to consider this as active ingredient of their topical.

The inhibitory effect of Scutellaria baicalensis extract and its active compound, baicalin, on the translocation of the androgen receptor with implications for preventing androgenetic alopecia.

Androgens affect several human skin and prostate functions, and the androgen receptor is crucial for regulating the androgen-related mechanisms. In this study, we assessed the antagonizing effects of a Scutellaria baicalensis extract and its main component baicalin on proliferation of human scalp dermal papilla cells. First, the extract and baicalin slightly dissociated the radioisotope-labeled androgen receptor-agonist complex in the androgen receptor binding assay, and the IC50 values were measured to assess the androgen receptor antagonistic effect of the extract (93 µg/mL) and baicalin (54.1 µM). Second, the extract and baicalin treatments dose-dependently inhibited the overgrowth of LNCaP prostate cancer cells, which were stimulated by dihydrotestosterone. Third, the extract and baicalin inhibited nuclear translocation of the androgen receptor stimulated by dihydrotestosterone in human dermal papilla cells. Additionally, the extract and baicalin enhanced proliferation of human dermal papilla cells in vitro. These results show that the extract and baicalin inhibited androgen activation signaling and promoted hDPC proliferation, suggesting that they could be used as active ingredients for treating androgen-associated disorders, such as androgenetic alopecia.

and

Baicalein Protects Cardiomyocytes Against Mitochondrial Oxidant Injury Associated with JNK Inhibition and Mitochondrial Akt Activation.
Huang HH, Shao ZH, Li CQ, Vanden Hoek TL, Li J.

Baicalein, a flavonoid derived from Scutellaria baicalensis Georgi, possesses cardioprotection against oxidant injury by scavenging reactive oxygen species (ROS). Few studies investigate whether baicalein protection is mediated by attenuating mitochondrial ROS and modulating the prosurvival and proapoptotic signaling. Primary cultured chick cardiomyocytes were used to study the role of baicalein in mitochondrial superoxide [Formula: see text] generation and signaling of Akt and JNK. Cells were exposed to H 2 O 2 for 2 h and baicalein was given 2 h prior to and during 2 h of H 2 O 2 exposure. Cell viability was assessed by propidium iodide and DNA fragmentation. H 2 O 2 (500 μM) significantly induced 45.3 ± 6.2% of cell death compared to the control (p < 0.001) and resulted in DNA laddering. Baicalein (10, 25 or 50 μM) dose-dependently reduced the cell death to 38.7 ± 5.6% (p = 0.226); 31.2 ± 3.9% (p < 0.01); 30.3 ± 5.3% (p < 0.01), respectively. It also attenuated DNA laddering. Further, baicalein decreased intracellular ROS and mitochondrial [Formula: see text] generation that was confirmed by superoxide dismutase PEG-SOD and mitochondria electron transport chain complex III inhibitor stigmatellin. In addition, baicalein increased Akt phosphorylation and decreased JNK phosphorylation in H 2 O 2-exposed cells. Moreover, baicalein augmented mitochondrial phosphorylation of Akt Thr308 and GSK3β Ser9, and prevented mitochondrial cytochrome c release assessed by cellular fractionation. Our results suggest that baicalein cardioprotection may involve an attenuation of mitochondrial [Formula: see text] and an increase in mitochondrial phosphorylation of Akt and GSK3β while decreasing JNK activation.

and also confirmed here:

Baicalin scavenges reactive oxygen species and protects human keratinocytes against UVC-induced cytotoxicity.
Wang SC, Chen SF, Lee YM, Chuang CL, Bau DT, Lin SS.

Long-term exposure to solar ultraviolet (UV) radiation can cause multiple skin disorders, including skin cancer. Protection against UV-induced damage is, therefore, a worldwide concern. Baicalin, a major component of traditional Chinese medicine Scutellaria baicalensis, has been reported to have antioxidant and cytostatic effects on normal epithelial and normal peripheral blood and myeloid cells. In the current study, we examined whether baicalin could also effectively protect human keratinocytes from damaging short-wave UVC irradiation. Baicalin-scavenged reactive oxygen species increased within 2 h after UVC radiation. Baicalin also abrogated UVC-induced apoptosis. In addition, we identified the major products after UVC radiation with T4 UV endonuclease, finding that baicalin prevented cyclobutane pyrimidine dimer formation induced by UVC. Furthermore, baicalin also prevented formation of oxidative adducts induced by UVC. Our results demonstrated the utility of baicalin in assessing the potential contribution of traditional Chinese medicinal agents in therapy of UVC-induced genomic damage to skin and suggest potential application of these agents as pharmaceuticals in prevention of solar-induced skin damage.

A brand tested an active ingredient composed of mainly baicalin on hair loss and the result seems actually very good, especially for a 3 months treatment:

just look in google for the pdf baicapil

human vivo result are (unlike some other cosmetic brand, they also used a placebo group, wich is very smart):

1/ increase of 68.6% in the A/Telogen ratio

2/ decrease of 60.6% on hairloss

3/ increase of 60% in hair density

it seems the company also patented the application use for baicalin for hairloss

Problem is their active ingredient called "baicapil" also contain some things we are not sure its positive such as soy and wheat sprout. After some research they also denature the ingredient, so not sure its a good product.

It seems the study on human scalp used a 3% concentration of the registered ingredient "Baicapil"

Baicapil is a liquid registered ingredient composed of maximum 0,75% of the plant extract wich contain the baicalin (lets speculate 0,75% = 100% of baicalin..) : http://www.centerche...spx?FileID=6561

They use about 3% containing  maximum 0.75% of baicalin wich mean a final formulation containing 0.0225 % of baicalin.

Me and some other user use this concentration (between 0.05% and 0.02%) twice a day, dissolved in water. So far a lot of good result.

You should also consider this last study which clearly confirm its effectivness in human dp cells :

Baicalin, a flavonoid, affects the activity of human dermal papilla cells and promotes anagen induction in mice.
Abstract

Baicalin, a flavonoid isolated from Scutellaria baicalensis, is known to have multiple biological functions. Recent studies have demonstrated that baicalin treatment increases alkaline phosphatase activity (ALP) and osteoprotegerin secretion by osteoblasts. Furthermore, baicalin induces the differentiation of cultured osteoblasts via the activation of the Wnt/β-catenin signaling pathway. In this study, we evaluated the hair growth-promoting effects of baicalin in human follicular dermal papilla (DP) cells. A reporter assay and Western blotting were used to assess the effect of baicalin on β-catenin signaling in DP cells. ALP activity and messenger RNA (mRNA) expression were examined by ALP staining and real-time polymerase chain reaction (PCR), respectively. Growth factor expression levels were also evaluated using real-time PCR. Finally, the effect of baicalin on hair growthin vivo was examined by topical application of baicalin on the shaved dorsal skin of C57BL/6 mice. Our results indicate that baicalin activates Wnt/β-catenin signaling in a dose-dependent manner in human DP cells. ALP mRNA expression and activity were significantly induced in the presence of baicalin. In addition, treatment with baicalin induced the mRNA expression of growth factors, such as insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF-1) and vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF). Moreover, compared to vehicle treatment, baicalin treatment induced an earlier conversion from telogen to anagen. Our results strongly suggest that baicalin promotes hair growth by regulating the activity of DP cells.

Shinobi

Back to top Go down

baicalin active ingredient against AGA Empty Re: baicalin active ingredient against AGA

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:06 am

Yes, this has been posted previously. It's good stuff.

Scutellaria baicalensis

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

baicalin active ingredient against AGA Empty Re: baicalin active ingredient against AGA

Post  Shinobi Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:52 am

Yes I saw your post, but I summarized all here with added info. You think its can be good as a supplement as well ? For now as a topical its seems to work very well it does virtually all at the dp cells level:

translocation WNT/beta catenin, ALP
androgen blocker in the nucleus of the dp cell
increase VEGF in dp cells by a 10,4 fold !
increase IGF1 by 4 fold
activity against ROS
increase dp cell proliferation.. etc

and no cytoxicity found at any level range from 0 to 100ug per ml

Shinobi

Back to top Go down

Post  theseeker86 Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:42 am

I'm probably just terrible at searching for stuff but I couldn't find a product of this, only one I found was some extract in a dragon herbs supplement.

Oh and that Baicapil of course.

theseeker86

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinobi Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:43 am

I use the one from skinactiv (powder 90% pure baicalin)

I use 10mg of this into a 50ml water as a spray.

Shinobi

Back to top Go down

Post  theseeker86 Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:56 pm

Shinobi wrote:I use the one from skinactiv (powder 90% pure baicalin)

This one?  http://www.skinactives.com/Baicalin-Scutellaria-Baicalensis.html

theseeker86

Back to top Go down

Post  TNT Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:16 pm

How do you measure mg?

TNT

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinobi Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:02 am

http://www.amazon.com/American-Weigh-GEMINI-20-Portable-MilliGram/dp/B0012TDNAM

Shinobi

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:36 am

I prefer the internal version. Using it topically doesn't address the liver. Taking it internally does.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinobi Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:31 am

Yes you right and the effect on androgen can be healthy for the prostate. But As a topical we have kind of benefit im not sure we can get internal . Maybe use both is a good way. So far this makes me and others itchy scalp free Wink

Shinobi

Back to top Go down

Post  deleteme Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:13 am

theseeker86 wrote:

This one?  http://www.skinactives.com/Baicalin-Scutellaria-Baicalensis.html

i use this one. Well i will when it arrives

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/390930510212?nav=SEARCH

deleteme

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down