Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
minoxidil - Topical finasteride 00.4, Minoxidil 5%, Azelaic acid 2% - How harmful could it be?  EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
minoxidil - Topical finasteride 00.4, Minoxidil 5%, Azelaic acid 2% - How harmful could it be?  EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
minoxidil - Topical finasteride 00.4, Minoxidil 5%, Azelaic acid 2% - How harmful could it be?  EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
minoxidil - Topical finasteride 00.4, Minoxidil 5%, Azelaic acid 2% - How harmful could it be?  EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
minoxidil - Topical finasteride 00.4, Minoxidil 5%, Azelaic acid 2% - How harmful could it be?  EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
minoxidil - Topical finasteride 00.4, Minoxidil 5%, Azelaic acid 2% - How harmful could it be?  EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
minoxidil - Topical finasteride 00.4, Minoxidil 5%, Azelaic acid 2% - How harmful could it be?  EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

» IH Regimen
minoxidil - Topical finasteride 00.4, Minoxidil 5%, Azelaic acid 2% - How harmful could it be?  EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 4:25 pm by CF

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
minoxidil - Topical finasteride 00.4, Minoxidil 5%, Azelaic acid 2% - How harmful could it be?  EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 11:16 am by MikeGore

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Topical finasteride 00.4, Minoxidil 5%, Azelaic acid 2% - How harmful could it be?

+2
Biffy
Dannyboy
6 posters

Go down

minoxidil - Topical finasteride 00.4, Minoxidil 5%, Azelaic acid 2% - How harmful could it be?  Empty Topical finasteride 00.4, Minoxidil 5%, Azelaic acid 2% - How harmful could it be?

Post  Dannyboy Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:11 am

Hello,

A bit more than a month as a desperation, I started ti use that kind of topical from a big hair clinic in London. Just didn't find a time to stick with the DT ( the MM didn't work as well), as I am super super busy.
I'm very very against drugs, and had a bad experience in the past with both of these drugs - they always told me that it the strongest on the market with best result and most of all that the topical finasteride does not have the side effect as propecia and better block of the DHT. I gave it a try against all my believes - I shed tons for more than a month, never been shedding like that - horrible! and now i read in forums that it actually has the same side effects with not much positive results.
Please advice, I'm so depressed - don't know what to do Sad

Dannyboy

Back to top Go down

minoxidil - Topical finasteride 00.4, Minoxidil 5%, Azelaic acid 2% - How harmful could it be?  Empty Re: Topical finasteride 00.4, Minoxidil 5%, Azelaic acid 2% - How harmful could it be?

Post  Biffy Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:20 am

My advice would be that you try low dose RU which is designed to work topically.

Biffy

Back to top Go down

minoxidil - Topical finasteride 00.4, Minoxidil 5%, Azelaic acid 2% - How harmful could it be?  Empty Re: Topical finasteride 00.4, Minoxidil 5%, Azelaic acid 2% - How harmful could it be?

Post  Dannyboy Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:23 am

Biffy wrote:My advice would be that you try low dose RU which is designed to work topically.

Sorry - but I don't understand what you mean by: "Low does RU...". can you explain please?

Dannyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  hairyshowers Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:26 am

Dannyboy wrote:
Biffy wrote:My advice would be that you try low dose RU which is designed to work topically.

Sorry - but I don't understand what you mean by: "Low does RU...". can you explain please?

Biffy is referring to RU58841, a popular experimental drug used as an antiandrogen. Its designed to use topically, and therefore in theory should have less systemic side effects than oral finasteride. That said, you will be seriously risking your health with these drugs and the general advice here would be to fix your body instead of blocking your symptoms with chemical cocktails.
hairyshowers
hairyshowers

Back to top Go down

Post  SonofOdin Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:42 am

Very dirty marketing. There was a thread on a similar topical fin here that I tried explaining how even microdoses go systematic when applied topically - it may have even of been your thread I forget. Sorry to hear of the shedding.... this occurs on both drugs but apparently improves over time. For me minox acted as weed killer to my hair and it never regrew till I got off it.

You have two routes... stay on the topical and hope for the best, or get off it and possibly result in another shed before things calm down. I think this comes down to what sides you got from the drug in the past and whether you can live with them returning. As an aggressive hair loss sufferer, fin is my only hope but if yours is less severe and you get sides my advice is to get off the topical, ride out the shed and find a natural regimen you can believe in.
SonofOdin
SonofOdin

Back to top Go down

Post  hairyshowers Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:02 pm

SonofOdin wrote: As an aggressive hair loss sufferer, fin is my only hope
I disagree, finasteride or any other 5ar inhibitor is not the only option for anyone, regardless of how aggressive their hairloss may be
hairyshowers
hairyshowers

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:07 pm

another problem

these are difficult to find products

RU, only sold on one website, and may not be legal in some countries

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

minoxidil - Topical finasteride 00.4, Minoxidil 5%, Azelaic acid 2% - How harmful could it be?  Empty easy to find

Post  WillHarrison Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:15 pm

You can easily find the finasteride onlineā€¦it has helped me a bit.
Over time my thin area filled in. I feel less insecure.
In case you need a place, they ship at a fraction of the cost.
pillshippers.com/search-result.html?q=finasteride

WillHarrison

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down