Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
anybody try pygeum bark? EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
anybody try pygeum bark? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
anybody try pygeum bark? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
anybody try pygeum bark? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
anybody try pygeum bark? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
anybody try pygeum bark? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
anybody try pygeum bark? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
anybody try pygeum bark? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
anybody try pygeum bark? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

anybody try pygeum bark?

5 posters

Go down

anybody try pygeum bark? Empty anybody try pygeum bark?

Post  shaftless Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:29 am

Yeah I know these herbal remedies are nothing new but there are a few studies that say pygeum bark extract (actually atraric acid found in the bark) blocks dht better than finasteride. You can get pygeum anywhere but I wonder how much atraric acid is really in those capsules. Maybe it's possible to make your own tincture buy dissolving a shitload of capsules in alcohol. There's no side effects from pygeum except for some possible gastrointestinal upset so I might just take the capsules for a while and see where it gets me.

shaftless

Back to top Go down

anybody try pygeum bark? Empty Re: anybody try pygeum bark?

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:14 pm

shaftless wrote:Yeah I know these herbal remedies are nothing new but there are a few studies that say pygeum bark extract (actually atraric acid found in the bark) blocks dht better than finasteride. You can get pygeum anywhere but I wonder how much atraric acid is really in those capsules. Maybe it's possible to make your own tincture buy dissolving a shitload of capsules in alcohol. There's no side effects from pygeum except for some possible gastrointestinal upset so I might just take the capsules for a while and see where it gets me.

Yes, as an ingredient in Ultra Natural Prostate Formula

It didn't do anything for me. That was when I used to believe blocking DHT caused hair loss

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:15 am

shaftless wrote:Yeah I know these herbal remedies are nothing new but there are a few studies that say pygeum bark extract (actually atraric acid found in the bark) blocks dht better than finasteride. You can get pygeum anywhere but I wonder how much atraric acid is really in those capsules. Maybe it's possible to make your own tincture buy dissolving a shitload of capsules in alcohol. There's no side effects from pygeum except for some possible gastrointestinal upset so I might just take the capsules for a while and see where it gets me.

Prior to 1999, I tried just about every DHT blocker at the time. Pygeum was one of them. It wasn't really worth the price and the effects were difficult to assess.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  HairShocka Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:27 pm

Have you or anybody here ever tried the pure Atraric Acid though?

" Acid is a potent androgen receptor antagonist and has a high affinity for the androgen receptor. It binds to it and even prevents the translocation, meaning no matter what the androgen receptor will not produce a reaction. Not many antiandrogens can do this. This also applies to even mutated androgen receptors. NBBS is also an antiandrogen from pygeum, but I am more interested in Atraric Acid. If you do a simple search online, there are various articles stating that it is an antiandrogen, prevents nuclear translocation, agonist of estrogen receptors, and even a possible cure for prostate cancer. There are research companies that produce it, but I cannot find anyone that can mass produce it. I can say without a doubt that Atraric Acid will be better than RU58841 and CB-03-01. Why? Because it is proven to prevent nuclear translocation of the androgen receptor, while the other two cannot. RU58841 and CB-03-01 just competitively bind to the androgen receptor which Atraric Acid does as well. "

CausticSymmetry wrote:

Prior to 1999, I tried just about every DHT blocker at the time. Pygeum was one of them. It wasn't really worth the price and the effects were difficult to assess.

HairShocka

Back to top Go down

Post  rofl Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:24 pm

Imo finasteride blocks aprox 70 %, dutasteride blocks like 80% or something, and spiro blocks even more. finasteride doesnt seem to give much results, other than slowing down progreession for most and regrowth in a lucky few, dutasteride gives better results but more side effects, spiro seems to work the best for regrowth, but of course noone wants to take it cos it basically turns you into a women.

what im getting at is blocking DHT only seems to regrow hair if u totally block it with spiro, and that turns you into a women, allbeit a women with a tiny penis.

ergo blocking DHT is not a solution. we know what it does with chemicals. with naturals we are striving to get that high blockage like the chemicals, but if naturals acheive it, then u can also expect the same level of sides.

there has to be a better way. im hoping for answers when personalised medicine becomes available. that is medicine catering for our genetic differences.
rofl
rofl

Back to top Go down

Post  HairShocka Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:41 pm

I personally experienced sides with saw pam and beta sitosterol so I know that. I was referring to using this topically like somebody would with RU58841 and CB-03-01.

The Ataric Acid is supposedly proven to prevent nuclear translocation of the androgen receptor which RU58841 and CB-03-01 doesn't. RU58841 and CB-03-01 competitively binds to the androgen receptor which Atraric Acid does as well. Ataric acid doesn't need to be metabolized to work so it can be used topically. (according to what some are saying on other forums)

Have any idea? and anyone else?

rofl wrote:Imo finasteride blocks aprox 70 %, dutasteride blocks like 80% or something, and spiro blocks even more.  finasteride doesnt seem to give much results, other than slowing down progreession for most and regrowth in a lucky few, dutasteride gives better results but more side effects, spiro seems to work the best for regrowth, but of course noone wants to take it cos it basically turns you into a women.

what im getting at is blocking DHT only seems to regrow hair if u totally block it with spiro, and that turns you into a women, allbeit a women with a tiny penis.

ergo blocking DHT is not a solution.  we know what it does with chemicals.  with naturals we are striving to get that high blockage like the chemicals, but if naturals acheive it, then u can also expect the same level of sides.

there has to be a better way.  im hoping for answers when personalised medicine becomes available.  that is medicine catering for our genetic differences.

HairShocka

Back to top Go down

Post  shaftless Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:47 am

Where would you get pure atraric acid anyway? Natural sources probably doesn't have enuff. And would it burn if you put it on your scalp?

shaftless

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:31 am

I don't believe in blocking DHT for the sole reason of reversing hair loss. It does work, for a minority of people though.

Some guy on the mainstream hair loss forums took finasteride for 17 years before realising it wasn't growing his hair.

And technically, wouldn't any DHT blocker work ?

I think it's a flawed theory

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  HairShocka Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:35 am

Atraric Acid can be easily purchased online as a powder or solution. It is used as a fragrance under the names Veramoss, Verymoss, and Evernyl.

Again, I'm not talking about using it as a internal dht blocker but as a topical. I think systemically, most dht blockers essentially do the same thing to varying degrees.

HairShocka

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down