Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Question to D.Roddy EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Question to D.Roddy EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Question to D.Roddy EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Question to D.Roddy EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Question to D.Roddy EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Question to D.Roddy EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Question to D.Roddy EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Question to D.Roddy EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Question to D.Roddy EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Question to D.Roddy

+2
iuyyighghghgkh
ElmoSuper8
6 posters

Go down

Question to D.Roddy Empty Question to D.Roddy

Post  ElmoSuper8 Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:08 am

Danny, in your experience, what is a sensible dosage of Cynomel and Cynoplus to experiment with if one has never taken either before?

Thanks

ElmoSuper8

Back to top Go down

Question to D.Roddy Empty Re: Question to D.Roddy

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:28 am

It's best to ask him on twitter or facebook.

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  ElmoSuper8 Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:40 am

Oh, thanks. I'm not on ether of those......

ElmoSuper8

Back to top Go down

Post  droddy Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:26 am

I think it depends on the temperature and resting pulse (and maybe the TSH, too), but "thyroidologist" Dr. Broda Barnes, usually started people on 1/2-1 grain (~5-10 mcg of T3 and ~20-40 mcg of T4), and waited about two months to see results.

Taking the temperature and resting pulse regularly during supplementation is probably very important.
droddy
droddy

Back to top Go down

Post  ElmoSuper8 Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:14 am

Ok, thanks Danny, I'll try that.

I was reading your newsletter yesterday and you said it was a good idea to get 1.5 grams of protein per kilogram of body weight. I'm just wondering, is it easy enough to get that amount of protein from natural sources? And is there any protein powder which you find acceptable? I guess hemp protein powder is out because of the PUFAS?

You say fruit is the ideal carbohydrate, and I'm interested in taking starches (like potatoes and sweet potatoes) out of my diet but I'm anxious that it will leave me feeling hungry all the time, as I've already lost 2 stone by quitting wheat and I'm ultra skinny now.

Anyway, to get to the point, what I'm trying to ask is would you be able to give a meal-by-meal breakdown of your food intake for a couple of days? Just so I can get an idea of what a diet without starches looks like, how to incorporate the fruit, and how to get adequate protein and calories. There are a lot of dietary ideas on the internet which sound sensible to me, including your own ideas, but I just have a hard time putting it all together and working out a clean diet that satisfies calorie-wise.

Thanks

ElmoSuper8

Back to top Go down

Post  droddy Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:55 am

ElmoSuper8 wrote:Ok, thanks Danny, I'll try that.

I was reading your newsletter yesterday and you said it was a good idea to get  1.5 grams of protein per kilogram of body weight. I'm just wondering, is it easy enough to get that amount of protein from natural sources? And is there any protein powder which you find acceptable? I guess hemp protein powder is out because of the PUFAS?

I think it depends on activity, but 80-100 grams seems like a reasonable starting place (http://on.fb.me/13eaIcg).

Gelatin seems like a good "supplemental" protein for those suffering from pattern hair loss.

ElmoSuper8 wrote:You say fruit is the ideal carbohydrate, and I'm interested in taking starches (like potatoes and sweet potatoes) out of my diet but I'm anxious that it will leave me feeling hungry all the time, as I've already lost 2 stone by quitting wheat and I'm ultra skinny now.

I think it's important to actively like the diet you're consuming.

For what its worth, "starches" is mainly referring to bread and pastas; I think well-cooked potatoes are a good food for a lot of people.

ElmoSuper8 wrote:Anyway, to get to the point, what I'm trying to ask is would you be able to give a meal-by-meal breakdown of your food intake for a couple of days? Just so I can get an idea of what a diet without starches looks like, how to incorporate the fruit, and how to get adequate protein and calories. There are a lot of dietary ideas on the internet which sound sensible to me, including your own ideas, but I just have a hard time putting it all together and working out a clean diet that satisfies calorie-wise.

Thanks

I want to stress that I don't think arbitrarily adopting a diet is the best way to go about treating hair loss, and that a willingness to self-experiment and collect data is extremely important (if not more important).

If it helps, my own diet tends to surround milk, cheese, shrimp, oysters, coffee, orange juice, watermelon juice, honey, butter, gelatinous cuts of meat (e.g., oxtail, shank), chicharrones, vanilla ice cream, salt, sugar, and the few supplements I've mentioned.

These foods make it easy to obtain a high calcium/phosphate ratio, high copper/iron ratio, and high gelatin/muscle meat ratio, which I think are some things that support the temperature and resting pulse rate.
droddy
droddy

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:06 am

Isn't taking t3/t4 just covering up for poor underlying thyroid function ?

what about the dr brownstein iodine protocol ,
of iodine, vitamin c and selenium ?

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  droddy Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:46 am

iuyyighghghgkh wrote:Isn't taking t3/t4 just covering up for poor underlying thyroid function ?

Yes.

iuyyighghghgkh wrote:what about the dr brownstein iodine protocol ,
of iodine, vitamin c and selenium ?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24892764

Thyroid. 2014 Sep;24(9):1361-8. doi: 10.1089/thy.2014.0046. Epub 2014 Jun 30.
Effect of iodine restriction on thyroid function in subclinical hypothyroid patients in an iodine-replete area: a long period observation in a large-scale cohort.

"Iodine restriction may normalize or, at the very least, decrease serum TSH levels in SCH patients, and serum TSH levels are strongly correlated with UIC. Therefore, restriction of iodine intake could be a primary treatment option in SCH patients in an iodine-replete area."
droddy
droddy

Back to top Go down

Post  ngb Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:37 am

droddy wrote:

I was reading your newsletter yesterday and you said it was a good idea to get  1.5 grams of protein per kilogram of body weight. I'm just wondering, is it easy enough to get that amount of protein from natural sources? And is there any protein powder which you find acceptable? I guess hemp protein powder is out because of the PUFAS?

I think it depends on activity, but 80-100 grams seems like a reasonable starting place (http://on.fb.me/13eaIcg).

Gelatin seems like a good "supplemental" protein for those suffering from pattern hair loss.

ElmoSuper8 wrote:You say fruit is the ideal carbohydrate, and I'm interested in taking starches (like potatoes and sweet potatoes) out of my diet but I'm anxious that it will leave me feeling hungry all the time, as I've already lost 2 stone by quitting wheat and I'm ultra skinny now.

For what its worth, "starches" is mainly referring to bread and pastas; I think well-cooked potatoes are a good food for a lot of people.

ElmoSuper8 wrote:Anyway, to get to the point, what I'm trying to ask is would you be able to give a meal-by-meal breakdown of your food intake for a couple of days? Just so I can get an idea of what a diet without starches looks like, how to incorporate the fruit, and how to get adequate protein and calories. There are a lot of dietary ideas on the internet which sound sensible to me, including your own ideas, but I just have a hard time putting it all together and working out a clean diet that satisfies calorie-wise.

Thanks

I want to stress that I don't think arbitrarily adopting a diet is the best way to go about treating hair loss, and that a willingness to self-experiment and collect data is extremely important (if not more important).

If it helps, my own diet tends to surround milk, cheese, shrimp, oysters, coffee, orange juice, watermelon juice, honey, butter, gelatinous cuts of meat (e.g., oxtail, shank), chicharrones, vanilla ice cream, salt, sugar, and the few supplements I've mentioned.

These foods make it easy to obtain a high calcium/phosphate ratio, high copper/iron ratio, and high gelatin/muscle meat ratio, which I think are some things that support the temperature and resting pulse rate.

You hear a lot of negative things about dairy. Are you concerned about those possible issues? I also notice you don't include coconut in your diet. Is there a reason? I buy coconut flakes instead of the oil. It's a good, cheap source of saturated fat and calories. It seems like the only fats that are safe (not PUFA) are avocados, macadamia nuts, olives, coconut, and dairy. From an evolutionary perspective it doesn't seem like Europeans had access to these foods. Avocados are from Mexico, Macadamia's from Australia, Coconuts aren't native to Europe but found in Africa, Olives could have been a large part of a Europeans diet as well as dairy. You hear a lot of people talking about a very high fat diet now and if PUFA is in fact bad for you I don't see how we could have evolved to eat that much saturated fat. Do you think the high fat proponents are misguided? What about the raw vegans/fruitarians who eat a very low fat/protein diet?

ngb

Back to top Go down

Post  ElmoSuper8 Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:31 am

droddy wrote:

Thanks

Thanks for the info Danny. What are your opinions on -

- Buckwheat
- Pea Protein
- Hemp Protein

ElmoSuper8

Back to top Go down

Post  droddy Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:29 pm

ngb wrote:

You hear a lot of negative things about dairy.  Are you concerned about those possible issues?  

Nah.

ngb wrote:I also notice you don't include coconut in your diet.  Is there a reason?

When frying, I'll use coconut oil, but I like the taste of butter better.

ngb wrote:Do you think the high fat proponents are misguided?

Yes.

ngb wrote:What about the raw vegans/fruitarians who eat a very low fat/protein diet?

I think the diet should support the rate of metabolism as indicated by the resting pulse rate and temperature while supplying full nutrition.

Last edited by droddy on Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
droddy
droddy

Back to top Go down

Post  droddy Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:30 pm

ElmoSuper8 wrote:

Thanks for the info Danny. What are your opinions on -

- Buckwheat
- Pea Protein
- Hemp Protein

I haven't looked into those.
droddy
droddy

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:51 pm

danny, if you weren't following your current diet, do you think your thyroid meds would still cover your thyroid problems and your hairloss? or why do you think your current diet doesn't support your thyroid correctly?

have you gotten your testosterone tested lately? i'd be curious to hear what your levels are considering the high amounts of sugar in the diet.
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  droddy Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:50 pm

sanderson wrote:danny, if you weren't following your current diet, do you think your thyroid meds would still cover your thyroid problems and your hairloss? or why do you think your current diet doesn't support your thyroid correctly?

have you gotten your testosterone tested lately? i'd be curious to hear what your levels are considering the high amounts of sugar in the diet.

I think a thyroid supplement and diet work together to support energy metabolism and blunt stress.

I think you accumulate stressors over a lifetime (which inhibit energy metabolism, and probably cause unfavorable changes to the hair follicle leading to retarded growth), and unless you give your body the right "signals" to come back (e.g., nutrition, supplements, light, fulfilling life, etc.), it's just going to stay low.

In that situation, I think it's probably good to intelligently use as many of the "energy protective" substances as possible to get things back on track (e.g., protein, sugars, salt, calcium, thyroid supplement, pregnenolone, niacinamide, aspirin, vitamin K, vitamin D, vitamin A, etc., etc.).

I rarely measure testosterone, because I don't think it's useful as a metric, but I frequently measure prolactin, and last time I check it was almost below lab range (4 ng/mL). Libido is very good.
droddy
droddy

Back to top Go down

Post  ElmoSuper8 Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:18 am

droddy wrote:In that situation, I think it's probably good to intelligently use as many of the "energy protective" substances as possible to get things back on track (e.g., protein, sugars, salt, calcium, thyroid supplement, pregnenolone, niacinamide, aspirin, vitamin K, vitamin D, vitamin A, etc., etc.).

So you take pregnenolone as well Danny?

ElmoSuper8

Back to top Go down

Post  droddy Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:57 am

ElmoSuper8 wrote:

So you take pregnenolone as well Danny?

Sometimes. I haven't been able to find a good supplier recently.
droddy
droddy

Back to top Go down

Post  theseeker86 Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:30 am

droddy wrote:
Sometimes. I haven't been able to find a good supplier recently.

When you did use it was it transdermal or supplement based?

I have some pregnenolone cream but haven't actually used it yet.

theseeker86

Back to top Go down

Post  droddy Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:11 am

theseeker86 wrote:

When you did use it was it transdermal or supplement based?

I have some pregnenolone cream but haven't actually used it yet.

I've used both, but over the last four years, orally.
droddy
droddy

Back to top Go down

Post  ElmoSuper8 Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:29 am

Danny, when it comes to measuring temperature and pulse, I understand that its important to do it first thing upon awakening, but what other times should I do it? Maybe an hour after each meal?

I read somewhere that Cynoplus should be taken in the evening and Cynomel during the day. Based on your own experience would you agree with that? I'm just trying to work out the best way to take both these products.

Thanks

ElmoSuper8

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:10 am

Would it be a good idea to deplete serotonin , if this is causing hair loss ?

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down