Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Eating raw eggs safely by adding iodine? EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Eating raw eggs safely by adding iodine? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Eating raw eggs safely by adding iodine? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Eating raw eggs safely by adding iodine? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Eating raw eggs safely by adding iodine? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Eating raw eggs safely by adding iodine? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Eating raw eggs safely by adding iodine? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Eating raw eggs safely by adding iodine? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Eating raw eggs safely by adding iodine? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Eating raw eggs safely by adding iodine?

+5
Duketronix
SonofOdin
ngb
lamka
teacup
9 posters

Go down

Eating raw eggs safely by adding iodine? Empty Eating raw eggs safely by adding iodine?

Post  teacup Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:39 am

I'd like to try to blend a raw egg in my smoothy, i worry about bacteria so.. how about adding iodine to the mix?

steps:

1- wash the egg with soap, colloidal silver or iodine solutions
2- crack egg into a blender, add some drops of lugols iodine to the egg
3- blend

one could also consider colloidal silver

however, i like to add kefir to my smoothy, either iodine or colloidal silver might then destroy the beneficial bacteria ..
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Eating raw eggs safely by adding iodine? Empty Re: Eating raw eggs safely by adding iodine?

Post  lamka Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:20 am

No, never wash your eggs... just separate the yolk from the whites. Then eat only the yolk. This is how I do. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAGX-54iR30

lamka

Back to top Go down

Eating raw eggs safely by adding iodine? Empty Re: Eating raw eggs safely by adding iodine?

Post  ngb Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:04 am

I got a little sick a couple of times so now I just run hot water over the egg for 1 minute and I haven't had a problem since.

ngb

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:13 am

lamka wrote:No, never wash your eggs... just separate the yolk from the whites. Then eat only the yolk. This is how I do. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAGX-54iR30

why not wash the outside of the egg before cracking it open with water, soap or iodine etc..? this kills bacteria on the outside so only other chances of bacteria would come from the inside the egg which i doubt is much or a risk

why only the yolk / throw away the nutrients found in the white?
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Post  SonofOdin Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:41 am

Buy the high end eggs at your grocery store(cage free, organic etc) and the chances of anything bad happening from eating raw eggs is extremely low. You can look up the chances of salmonella from cage free organic eggs... its just not gonna happen unless you're really unlucky. Eggs are cheap protein even if you buy the high end, as compared to a lot of meats.
SonofOdin
SonofOdin

Back to top Go down

Post  lamka Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:55 am

teacup wrote:
lamka wrote:No, never wash your eggs... just separate the yolk from the whites. Then eat only the yolk. This is how I do. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAGX-54iR30

why not wash the outside of the egg before cracking it open with water, soap or iodine etc..? this kills bacteria on the outside so only other chances of bacteria would come from the inside the egg which i doubt is much or a risk

why only the yolk / throw away the nutrients found in the white?

I have read somewhere that salmonella could appear just in egg whites. However I have my own egg and by eating only the egg yolk I have never got sick from it. It is known that egg whites contain high levels of avidin, a protein that binds biotin strongly ... but I think it is not so big problem. It tastes really bad, compared to egg yolk.

lamka

Back to top Go down

Post  Duketronix Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:53 am

I eat raw eggs all the time. Have for a long time too.

Just like sonofodin said there's VERY little chance of anything bad happening as long as you get quality eggs (which you should be doing anyway).

Duketronix

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:02 am

eating raw eggs

with iodine drops

sounds like a nightmare to be honest

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:50 am

iuyyighghghgkh wrote:eating raw eggs

with iodine drops

sounds like a nightmare to be honest

why?
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Post  102 Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:02 pm

Unless you are really immuno compromised, I think the problem of raw egg is very overrated. I've eaten raw eggs consistently for years. Lots of them. I've never had an issue. Ever. Its one of my favorite foods, not so much for taste but for utility and convenience. Lotta nutrition for notta lotta money, volume, or time. Again, maybe if you're immune suppressed you should worry. But myself and many of my friends eat these fuckers all of the time, and we're all only about half-dead.

But as others have mentioned, I'm only eating quality eggs I get from a close friend who raises the chicks.

But I'm also one of the people who tends to be much more liberal about bacteria. I don't mean in the I-don't-shower sense, but I often eat very, very rare meat, infrequently wash my hands after handling raw meat (by accident), eat with hands still covered in dirt from the garden (on purpose). Our society has been sold on the anti-bac culture. Its ridiculous. I used to always crack up at this girl I went to college with. Sick all of the time. All of the time. Would flip her shit on me if I didn't use a meat thermometer to get our meat to exactly 160, or whatever the agreed temp is. Clorox-ed every fucking surface regularly. Me? Undercooked meat, raw eggs, dirty vegetables and I've been sick maybe a handful of times in the last decade.

I believe there is a great deal of intent involved in your immune response. When you are the type of person who sees germs everywhere and believes something is gonna get you sick, you get sick. Your body was geared toward a lot more bacterial exposure than most people get today.

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaphod Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:44 pm

Nice post. Some of my co-workers started do disinfect the computer keyboards, cause they are full of bacteria. That being true; they are their bacteria, and their extension of their true being. Knowing computers are source of not so precious metals, i'd bet there are benefits you get from those bacteria rather that immune suppression. And agree about the positive mindset thing. However it's next to impossible to make ill people think about their supper immune capabilities, since their experiences learned them different story. Hard to argue there that fear and stress is destroying immunity, so is lack of sleep. All the factors modern lifestyle rather not support, unless being lucky. I do believe placebo do have great effect on one's perception and well being, i find dietary response to behavior rather important, and more - listening for such cravings with having palette of options in the fridge and bottles as extension., everything discussed about the nutrition is as well mental thing. And via-verse.

Zaphod

Back to top Go down

Post  whodathunkit Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:23 am

I agree with Odin, Duke, 102, et al.   Not  much of a worry.   I eat raw eggs almost on a daily basis (sometimes as many as 4 per day, for the choline and protein), with no problem.   My family and co-workers are horrified and amazed that I have not become deathly ill after doing this for a couple years.

If I ever get salmonella I'll re-think my strategy but right now I just think raw eggs are a vasty underrated (by the mainstream) superfood.

whodathunkit

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down