Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
msm improving my hypoglycemia EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
msm improving my hypoglycemia EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
msm improving my hypoglycemia EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
msm improving my hypoglycemia EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
msm improving my hypoglycemia EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
msm improving my hypoglycemia EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
msm improving my hypoglycemia EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
msm improving my hypoglycemia EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
msm improving my hypoglycemia EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

msm improving my hypoglycemia

+4
BrodjeQuestion
CausticSymmetry
droddy
Bonsai6
8 posters

Go down

msm improving my hypoglycemia Empty msm improving my hypoglycemia

Post  Bonsai6 Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:12 am

I am taking about 8g of MSM daily now for a week and have noticed a huge improvement with my low blood sugar problem. My mood and mental clarity has greatly improved as well.

I am concerned with depleting other minerals in the body from taking such a dose. Is there anything to keep in mind as far as deficiencies caused by supplementing with msm so high? If this really is the major factor helping my blood sugar problem as I suspect, what would be a safe optimal dose to shoot for?

Bonsai6

Back to top Go down

msm improving my hypoglycemia Empty Re: msm improving my hypoglycemia

Post  droddy Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:02 am

Bonsai6 wrote:I am taking about 8g of MSM daily now for a week and have noticed a huge improvement with my low blood sugar problem.  My mood and mental clarity has greatly improved as well.

I am concerned with depleting other minerals in the body from taking such a dose. Is there anything to keep in mind as far as deficiencies caused by supplementing with msm so high? If this really is the major factor helping my blood sugar problem as I suspect, what would  be a safe optimal dose to shoot for?

Check out Dr. Broda Barnes's book, Hope For Hypoglycemia—especially if your temperature or pulse are low. He found that most people with hypoglycemia had low thyroid function.
droddy
droddy

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:00 pm

Bonsai6 wrote:I am taking about 8g of MSM daily now for a week and have noticed a huge improvement with my low blood sugar problem.  My mood and mental clarity has greatly improved as well.

I am concerned with depleting other minerals in the body from taking such a dose. Is there anything to keep in mind as far as deficiencies caused by supplementing with msm so high? If this really is the major factor helping my blood sugar problem as I suspect, what would  be a safe optimal dose to shoot for?
Sulfur (organic) in this form of MSM without derivatives will improve your mineral uptake...

So the answer is, no worries...However, there are some minerals which will further enhance your glycemic function (Mg, Selenium, chromium).

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  BrodjeQuestion Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:40 pm

It has been said on the interwebz (like so many other things) that MSM is able to enhance cortisol's function. So if this true, it might make your blood sugare more stable if cortisol is able to do his job ''better'' when you get closer to times of not eating(after a meal). I take about 2grms a day. I should look for a powder version myself still using the OptiMsm.

BrodjeQuestion

Back to top Go down

Post  j87x Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:08 pm

Check out TMG: http://www.reddit.com/r/Nootropics/comments/p9ew2/trimethylglycine_tmg_and_god_mode/
Even though I have read no-where that TMG normalizes blood-glucose levels. I have found that it has completely "cured" my hypoglycemia. (I was diagnosed with that very early around 6 years old) I used to always fall asleep in the classes that I had directly after lunch or breakfast. If a meal had any carbohydrate in it like french fries or I ordered a coke or sprite or any sugar drink my blood sugar would get super low about 20 minutes after. Anyway now with TMG no longer experience this. I think TMG also has anxiolytic properties. I am very calm and focused in class. and as you can see my stack contains NO stimulants. I have been off all caffeine for 2.5 months now (and loving the fact that i don't need it anymore). No ephedrine, adderall or anything else like that either. In addition Trimethyglycine is insanely cheap. I highly recommend it for studying, learning, test taking, and social situations. The difference is subtle but my results are huge. I'm making A's on all my quizzes and I keep prioritizing studying before "fun time". I give it ten million thumbs up. Im open to any and all questions! And glad to have found a great solution to stimulants to combat ADD/laziness/hypoglycemia or whatever I want to blame my previously low performance on.

j87x

Back to top Go down

Post  ElmoSuper8 Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:12 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:

Sulfur (organic) in this form of MSM without derivatives will improve your mineral uptake...

So the answer is, no worries...However, there are some minerals which will further enhance your glycemic function (Mg, Selenium, chromium).

Hi CS,

As this is about blood sugar its quite interesting to me. I noticed for years before my hair started falling out that my pulse would be racing after eating certain meals, from memory off the top of my head - my daily lunchtime cheese and tomato sandwich on white bread would make it race quite high. So, not being scientifically minded, is this all related to insulin resistance? And if so, just as Bonsai6 is mega-dosing on MSM to boost his low blood sugar is there something that can be taken to do the opposite? Or maybe I'm way off on my understanding of insulin resistance. But I was thinking the other day, if insulin resistance is such a determining factor for hair loss and it is also for diabetes, and they're are people with type 2 diabetes actually curing their condition with certain diets, then maybe hair loss sufferers should adopt these diets?

But like I say, I'm not scientifically minded and I could be way off on my understanding of insulin resistance and blood sugar.

Anyway, thanks.

ElmoSuper8

Back to top Go down

Post  Bonsai6 Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:02 am

Thanks for the replies, will look into both recommendations

Bonsai6

Back to top Go down

Post  MikeBison Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:38 am

Do you take all that MSM at one dose or do you spread it across the day?

MikeBison

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:26 am

MikeBison wrote:Do you take all that MSM at one dose or do you spread it across the day?

It has a half-life of about 12 hours. What I do is take 1 tsp morning and 1 tsp at night.

ElmoSuper8 - MSM can sometimes reduce allergies to food (which could possibly reduce the pulse rate). Regarding the insulin resistance, sulfur/MSM improves the shuttling of energy into cells. Carbohydrates cannot metabolize well without enough sulfur.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ElmoSuper8 Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:44 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:
MikeBison wrote:Do you take all that MSM at one dose or do you spread it across the day?

It has a half-life of about 12 hours. What I do is take 1 tsp morning and 1 tsp at night.

ElmoSuper8 - MSM can sometimes reduce allergies to food (which could possibly reduce the pulse rate). Regarding the insulin resistance, sulfur/MSM improves the shuttling of energy into cells. Carbohydrates cannot metabolize well without enough sulfur.

Thanks CS, what do you think of this article. Could anything be gained by hair loss sufferers going on a diet for type 2 diabetes or am I just clutching at straws? This man claimed to cure his diabetes in 11 days -

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2013/may/12/type-2-diabetes-diet-cure

ElmoSuper8

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:06 am

ElmoSuper8 wrote:
CausticSymmetry wrote:

Thanks CS, what do you think of this article. Could anything be gained by hair loss sufferers going on a diet for type 2 diabetes or am I just clutching at straws? This man claimed to cure his diabetes in 11 days -

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2013/may/12/type-2-diabetes-diet-cure

There's a lot of different diets that will work for improve how sugar is metabolized. Some are more appropriate for the individual vs others (metabolic typing). However, the main value in that article is the fasting. Fasting can reduce hair loss, because food in of itself fuels inflammation. So there is a positive impact for some people and/or intermittent fasting helps.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whodathunkit Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:57 am

CS, that you know of, does MSM help pre-diabetes or type II?  I seem to be getting some hypoglycemia symptoms occasionally since I started MSM, and as you know I've had high blood sugar issues for a while.   Haven't really had any hypoglycemia symptoms (getting sleepy after meals or at certain times of the day, irritablility, etc.) for several years at least, except since I started taking MSM.  Would sulfur increasing cell membrane permeability and thus insulin sensitivity account for the hypoglycemia symptoms?

Also, as a general note, I can't take MSM later in the day.  It keeps me awake.  I have to take it all in the morning.   Does the half-life and dividing doses make as much difference after we get "saturated" with sulfur?  I'm thinking about this in the same way we way we can get "saturated" with iodine, where our cells don't need ever-increasing amounts of it so what we don't use gets excreted. Please correct me if I'm not looking at it correctly.

whodathunkit

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:08 am

whodathunkit wrote:CS, that you know of, does MSM help pre-diabetes or type II?  I seem to be getting some hypoglycemia symptoms occasionally since I started MSM, and as you know I've had high blood sugar issues for a while.   Haven't really had any hypoglycemia symptoms (getting sleepy after meals or at certain times of the day, irritablility, etc.) for several years at least, except since I started taking MSM.  Would sulfur increasing cell membrane permeability and thus insulin sensitivity account for the hypoglycemia symptoms?

Also, as a general note, I can't take MSM later in the day.  It keeps me awake.  I have to take it all in the morning.   Does the half-life and dividing doses make as much difference after we get "saturated" with sulfur?  I'm thinking about this in the same way we way we can get "saturated" with iodine, where our cells don't need ever-increasing amounts of it so what we don't use gets excreted.   Please correct me if I'm not looking at it correctly.

There's a trick you can do. If you take the 2nd dose right before sleep, it won't keep you awake...in fact it will help improve your sleep. So the trick is to take it immediately before you sleep. If you take the night dose too far away from actual sleep then, yes it will provide too much energy (because it may rev up the oxygen/metabolism).

Would try this and see if it works.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down