Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Modulating hair follicle size with Wnt10b/DKK1 during hair regeneration EmptyToday at 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Modulating hair follicle size with Wnt10b/DKK1 during hair regeneration EmptyToday at 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Modulating hair follicle size with Wnt10b/DKK1 during hair regeneration EmptyYesterday at 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Modulating hair follicle size with Wnt10b/DKK1 during hair regeneration EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Modulating hair follicle size with Wnt10b/DKK1 during hair regeneration EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Modulating hair follicle size with Wnt10b/DKK1 during hair regeneration EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Modulating hair follicle size with Wnt10b/DKK1 during hair regeneration EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Modulating hair follicle size with Wnt10b/DKK1 during hair regeneration EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Modulating hair follicle size with Wnt10b/DKK1 during hair regeneration EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Modulating hair follicle size with Wnt10b/DKK1 during hair regeneration

4 posters

Go down

Modulating hair follicle size with Wnt10b/DKK1 during hair regeneration Empty Modulating hair follicle size with Wnt10b/DKK1 during hair regeneration

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:17 am

Exp Dermatol. 2014 Jun;23(6):407-13. doi: 10.1111/exd.12416.
Modulating hair follicle size with Wnt10b/DKK1 during hair regeneration.
Lei M1, Guo H, Qiu W, Lai X, Yang T, Widelitz RB, Chuong CM, Lian X, Yang L.

Hair follicles have characteristic sizes corresponding to their cycle-specific stage. However, how the anagen hair follicle specifies its size remains elusive. Here, we showed that in response to prolonged ectopic Wnt10b-mediated β-catenin activation, regenerating anagen hair follicles grew larger in size. In particular, the hair bulb, dermal papilla and hair shaft became enlarged, while the formation of different hair types (Guard, Awl, Auchene and Zigzag) was unaffected. Interestingly, we found that the effect of exogenous WNT10b was mainly on Zigzag and less on the other kinds of hairs. We observed dramatically enhanced proliferation within the matrix, DP and hair shaft of the enlarged AdWnt10b-treated hair follicles compared with those of normal hair follicles at P98. Furthermore, expression of CD34, a specific hair stem cell marker, was increased in its number to the bulge region after AdWnt10b treatment. Ectopic expression of CD34 throughout the ORS region was also observed. Many CD34-positive hair stem cells were actively proliferating in AdWnt10b-induced hair follicles. Importantly, subsequent co-treatment with the Wnt inhibitor, DKK1, reduced hair follicle enlargement and decreased proliferation and ectopic localization of hair stem cells. Moreover, injection of DKK1 during early anagen significantly reduced the width of prospective hairs. Together, these findings strongly suggest that Wnt10b/DKK1 can modulate hair follicle size during hair regeneration.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Modulating hair follicle size with Wnt10b/DKK1 during hair regeneration Empty Re: Modulating hair follicle size with Wnt10b/DKK1 during hair regeneration

Post  sizzlinghairs Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:49 am

There has got to be some sort of viable DKK-1 inhibitor that we can apply topically out there!!

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Modulating hair follicle size with Wnt10b/DKK1 during hair regeneration Empty Re: Modulating hair follicle size with Wnt10b/DKK1 during hair regeneration

Post  shaftless Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:55 am

Why can't we use what they were using in this experiment?

shaftless

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:34 am

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21034532

Sort of the classic example you see thrown around on hair loss forums.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  shaftless Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:25 pm

Where can we get some of this l-threonate? If it only exists as a metabolite of vitamin C then I hope we don't have to eat a bushel of oranges every day.

shaftless

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:53 pm

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22066831

For all practical purposes you could treat the l-ascorbic acid 2-phosphate above as the same thing. Notice the magnesium salt of it was even more effective at collagen promotion than regular ascorbic acid.

So if you were trying to go oral I would buy some magnesium l-threonate. Incidentally it absorbs extremely well in the gut.

As far as topical, I'm not sure but it would be interesting.

At the very least you could be making sodium ascorbate, which is also more efficiently absorbed, just by mixing your ascorbic acid powder with some baking soda in water. When the fizzing has gone down, you've got sodium ascorbate.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:19 am

Making a short story shorter, I've tried all of this stuff from the beginning.

Also, I can make mention that DKK-1 is not everything.

If you look very closely at the research for instance, the carriers (DMSO or MSM at 8%) were absolutely necessary or it did not work. My personal opinion is that the sulfur derivatives were the working part of the process.

Also, as AS54 just pointed out, yes Magnesium L-threonate does work. However, it is preferable to take it internally.
It works as in a way to curtail anxiety or to promote calmness.

This stuff is normally a bit costly, so a 2-week trial can help one decide if it will work. It takes about that long to show a result on a mood/emotional/stress level. This below is a small supply that is more of a trial version.

http://www.iherb.com/Source-Naturals-Magtein-Magnesium-L-Threonate-667-mg-45-Capsules/47433?=hil335

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:53 am

AS54 wrote:http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22066831

For all practical purposes you could treat the l-ascorbic acid 2-phosphate above as the same thing. Notice the magnesium salt of it was even more effective at collagen promotion than regular ascorbic acid.

So if you were trying to go oral I would buy some magnesium l-threonate. Incidentally it absorbs extremely well in the gut.

As far as topical, I'm not sure but it would be interesting.

At the very least you could be making sodium ascorbate, which is also more efficiently absorbed, just by mixing your ascorbic acid powder with some baking soda in water. When the fizzing has gone down, you've got sodium ascorbate.

I didnt see any mention of DKK-1 in that study tho?

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:04 am

Yep, sorry. Meant to post both of the links.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20701628
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:12 pm

I dont see how the magnesium salt would also inhibit dkk-1. It only mentions ascorbic

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:07 am

The magnesium salt is a threonate salt. The studies show that both the ascrobic acid phosphate and l-threonate were able to inhibit DKK. Both the ascorbic acid and the l-threonate metabolite of it are able to donate electrons so it probably has to do with some termination of oxidative signalling. In truth, I wouldn't expect a home made topical or oral administration of either of these to really have a miracle effect. To my knowledge these things have been tried by many others at different forums, and it looks like CS too. If it were a miracle we'd know. I do believe its important insight into the pathway. I just don't think from a practical standpoint -meaning how we get it to the end organ- the oral or the homemade topical route are gonna cut it. It would probably require some more potent, targeted vehicle, and I don't believe this in and of itself would regrow a head of hair. Its just interesting academically really.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down