Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
How To Detox Marijuana EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
How To Detox Marijuana EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
How To Detox Marijuana EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
How To Detox Marijuana EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
How To Detox Marijuana EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
How To Detox Marijuana EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
How To Detox Marijuana EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
How To Detox Marijuana EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
How To Detox Marijuana EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

How To Detox Marijuana

+9
whodathunkit
Growdamnit
AS54
Odysseus
hiilikeyourbeard
NYJets
mistermr
Samfry
sanderson
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

How To Detox Marijuana Empty How To Detox Marijuana

Post  sanderson Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:18 pm

does anyone know how to effectively detox marijuana from your body of mental effects from marijuana? i'm not looking for general type information like eat healthy.. exercse.. etc, some actual real facts about how you can change this. CS, any thoughts? this is for someone who was a long term user who is not feeling 100% herself after quitting.
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

How To Detox Marijuana Empty Re: How To Detox Marijuana

Post  Samfry Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:11 pm

I'm quite familiar with marijuana and its effects, and I can only give you my experience. For me it took 30 days to feel completely 100% sober minded. But after a week I felt much faster mentally, and much more active physically.

As for something you can do to speed up the process, try hot apple cider vinegar baths, they detox the fuck out of you. Try having one everyday.

Samfry

Back to top Go down

Post  mistermr Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:00 pm

I think infrared sauna is the best way of detoxing any drug from your body.

Best part is that you can build your own for around $75

mistermr

Back to top Go down

Post  NYJets Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:20 pm

whole plant cbd extract will do the trick. It is the yang to THC's yin.
NYJets
NYJets

Back to top Go down

Post  hiilikeyourbeard Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:29 pm

Samfry wrote:I'm quite familiar with marijuana and its effects, and I can only give you my experience. For me it took 30 days to feel completely 100% sober minded. But after a week I felt much faster mentally, and much more active physically.

As for something you can do to speed up the process, try hot apple cider vinegar baths, they detox the fuck out of you. Try having one everyday.

how much in the bath?
hiilikeyourbeard
hiilikeyourbeard

Back to top Go down

Post  Odysseus Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:42 pm

sanderson wrote:does anyone know how to effectively detox marijuana from your body of mental effects from marijuana? i'm not looking for general type information like eat healthy.. exercse.. etc, some actual real facts about how you can change this. CS, any thoughts? this is for someone who was a long term user who is not feeling 100% herself after quitting.
Detox is detox. Maybe a recovery group would help during the intial stages. It's a totally new emotional enviorment, learning to live sober. They physical withdrawls are nothing compared to the shock of learning how to deal with the world drug free. Be supportive (like you are) and be aware that she's gonna be a superwoman once she's comfortable in her "own skin" again.

Good luck

Odysseus

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:58 am

Nothing to do but give it time. The receptor levels in the brain have to recover to pre-habitual levels. She can try using some stimulants to help get her through, perhaps something like mucuna pruriens which are high in L-dopa.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:37 am

I don't understand because marijuana isn't that bad. "Faster mentally" does not make sense. I smoke pot nearly every day and go to an ivy league school.

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  whodathunkit Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:28 am

^^Spoken like a true pot head.  

You don't *realize* what it does to you (or is doing to you) until you stop.  I know, because I used multiple times daily for a number of years when I was younger.  Took me years to get over the effects.  It changes a lot of stuff, including your IQ, your motivation, etc.

Sadly, I still have friends from high school who are still doing the same thing (using daily), and they say the same thing:  "pot doesn't harm me.  Look how well I'm doing!"  when in fact the damage is there for everyone else to see.   They're slower mentally than the rest of us, they look older, their moods are crazy volatile, etc.

Maybe you won't see the damage until later, Growdammit, but it's there.

There's a very good reason they call it dope.

Speaking of dope...did anyone else read that hilarious article by Maureen Dowd?  She apparently traveled to Colorado for the express purpose of trying legal marijuana, bought a marijuana candy bar, ate the whole thing (when in fact  you're supposed to cut it up into little pieces), and then, sitting all by herself in a strange hotel room in a strange city, had a psychotic episode.   Laughing How stupid can one person be?  And she's supposed to be of the Flower Power generation, too...

whodathunkit

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:46 am

I'm not going to argue you if that's what you're fishing for. I know what it does and have known many successful people who are much smarter than non-smokers. Intelligence is multifactorial and is not dependent upon soft drug use.

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  whodathunkit Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:29 am

I wasn't fishing for anything.  Just stating a fact.

I agree with you that intelligence is "multifactorial", but there is plenty of evidence (anecdotal as well as empirical) that "soft" drug use (which includes alcohol) affects intelligence on multiple levels.  It kills brain cells and degrades neural networks.  It's more difficult to build dendrites (dendrites can overcome outright brain cell death, to some extent) when using "soft" drugs.  It also messes with your endocrine system (estrogen/testosterone balance, etc.) and can affect your intelligence that way.

Also, "soft" drug use is cumulative.  The more you use, and the longer you use, the more extensive the damage to your nervous system.

You might be one of the rare lucky ones that gets away unscathed...but why take the chance?

If I had it all to do over, I wouldn't use dope again.  It wasn't *that* much fun.

That said, I am not a teetoler or drug war fascist.  We should each be able to make our own choices.  Everyone should have the opportunity to make the same stupid mistakes I made.   Further, legalizing soft drugs like pot might actually bring in some tax revenue and that wouldn't be a bad thing.  

But don't sit and tell me that pot isn't that bad.  It is.  Just because you can't die from acute marijuana toxicity the way you can from harder drugs or even alcohol doesn't mean it's not creepily, noxiously insidious in its own way.

Last edited by whodathunkit on Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:30 am; edited 1 time in total

whodathunkit

Back to top Go down

Post  ngb Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:52 am

Growdamnit wrote:I'm not going to argue you if that's what you're fishing for. I know what it does and have known many successful people who are much smarter than non-smokers. Intelligence is multifactorial and is not dependent upon soft drug use.

If you had a kid in middle school would you want them to smoke weed every day? Afterall, it's harmless right?

ngb

Back to top Go down

Post  Odysseus Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:05 am

ngb wrote:
Growdamnit wrote:I'm not going to argue you if that's what you're fishing for. I know what it does and have known many successful people who are much smarter than non-smokers. Intelligence is multifactorial and is not dependent upon soft drug use.

If you had a kid in middle school would you want them to smoke weed every day?  Afterall, it's harmless right?

Exactly. A lot of people can't handle pot; it can produce severe panic attacks, anxiety, and slower reaction time. The deal is, every time you use "something" to calm down, i.e. change your state of consciousness, you are literally retarding your emotional growth. You've got to FEEL the pain and disappointments unaided in order to learn to deal with life successfully. People I know in their 50's who smoke on a daily basis have the maturity of a 17 year old.

No guts, no glory!

Violet ray gun wands for everyone!

Odysseus

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:09 am

It has been shown in studies that children or teens who smoke pot regularly will decrease their potential intelligence and emotional growth later on in life. Give me one reputable study that states the same for adult users.

EDIT: At the end of the day, it does not make you lose your hair or cause MPB.

Last edited by Growdamnit on Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:09 am; edited 1 time in total

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:11 am

Where do you guys get the idea that it causes dramatic, harmful effects to the brain? I am not trying to stir up an argument, just simply curious on which study you are referring to.

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  Odysseus Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:26 am

Wow, we're all so worried about gluten and hot showers and the proper form of ascorbic acid to take, yet don't mind chugging down pints of liquid THC?

Odysseus

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:31 am

rdkml: What if you vaporize it? I just can't believe any of you unless you link a valuable source. I have smoked, vaporized, and orally ingested marijuana and have yet to see any negative effects on my mood, sleep, speech, coherence of complex conversations, athletic ability, hand-eye coordination, or grades. I have also taken a substance and abuse class at school which stated that it does not effect human brains long-term.

Odysseus: Say what you want about the liquid THC intake, but it doesn't cause hair loss. (Mind you, the main reason we're on this website to begin with.)

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  Odysseus Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:33 am

What are some of the more common symptoms?
By far the most common symptom of withdrawal is insomnia. This can last from a few nights of practically no sleep at all, up to a few months of occasional sleeplessness. The next most common symptom is depression (that is, if you're not euphoric), and next are nightmares and vivid dreams. Marijuana use tends to dampen the dreaming mechanism, so that when you do get clean the dreams come back with a crash. They can be vivid color, highly emotional dreams or nightmares, even waking up then coming back to the same dream. The very vivid, every-night dreams usually don't start for about a week or so. They last for about a month at most and then taper off. "Using" dreams (dreams involving the use of marijuana) are very common, and although they're not as vivid or emotional as at first, they last for years and are just considered a normal part of recovery.
The fourth most common symptom is anger. This can range from a slow burning rage to constant irritability to sudden bursts of anger when least expected: anger at the world, anger at loved ones, anger at oneself, anger at being an addict and having to get clean. Emotional jags are very common, with emotions bouncing back and forth between depression, anger, and euphoria. Occasionally experienced is a feeling of fear or anxiety, a loss of the sense of humor, decreased sex drive, or increased sex drive. Most all of these symptoms fade to normal emotions by three months. Loss of concentration for the first week or month is also very common and this sometimes affects the ability to learn for a very short while.

https://www.marijuana-anonymous.org/literature/pamphlets/detoxing-from-marijuana

Odysseus

Back to top Go down

Post  Odysseus Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:36 am

Growdamnit wrote:rdkml: What if you vaporize it? I just can't believe any of you unless you link a valuable source. I have smoked, vaporized, and orally ingested marijuana and have yet to see any negative effects on my mood, sleep, speech, coherence of complex conversations, athletic ability, hand-eye coordination, or grades. I have also taken a substance and abuse class at school which stated that it does not effect human brains long-term.

Odysseus: Say what you want about the liquid THC intake, but it doesn't cause hair loss. (Mind you, the main reason we're on this website to begin with.)

http://www.belgraviacentre.com/blog/balding-pot-heads–cannabis-smoking-linked-to-hair-loss-130/

Odysseus

Back to top Go down

Post  whodathunkit Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:42 am

Odysseus wrote:People I know in their 50's who smoke on a daily basis have the maturity of a 17 year old.

And Odysseus knocks it out of the park!  Must be the selective application of that violet ray gun wand I am now convinced that he is secretly using every day, since he references them so very often.  I realize now that his obsession with them means he loves them very much.     Twisted Evil Laughing

Seriously, that *is* exactly correct.

If there are no studies in adults, I suspect that's because 1) there aren't that many adults stupid enough to smoke chronically, and 2) what adults there are who use chronically do not want to admit to that use.   Marijuana is, after all, illegal in most states.  If I smoke chronically in middle age I'm certainly not going to cop to that in order to help some university geeks get or keep their grants.

I'll refer you to PubMed for verification that there are no studies done in adults.  You may be right about that...I haven't looked.  I really don't know if there are or not...not terribly concerned about it.  The evidence for cumulative damage is conclusive enough for any age group, as far I'm concerned.   YMMV.  But I'm convinced enough that I'm right about this that I'm not going to worry about proving something to someone that I'm pretty sure doesn't want to be convinced.  

And it's all good.  It's no big.  You want to smoke (or vaporize, or eat, or liquefy, whatever), keep on doing what you're doing.  One day you'll grow out of it, or not.  Either way, I'm okay.  I guess I chimed in because I found your arguments semi-amusing, since I used to hold the same opinions myself when I was using.  Laughing

whodathunkit

Back to top Go down

Post  NYJets Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:00 am

@ RDKML please post links/ any info regarding brain damage from Cannabis use if tme permits. Thanks

@ OP if the user has a medical MJ card I'd highly suggest again, a whole plant CBD rich extract (no THC) from the dispensary. No smoking needed it's just a tincture like in the good old days of U.S. pharmacopoeia pre corruption. (was the #1 med ~40% of market)

CBD is known to improve short term memory by enlarging the hippocampus and decreasing anxiety in social situations (pubmed) and lowering psychotic episodes in Schizophrenics (pubmed) and has many, many, many other therapeutic uses one of which is Draivet's syndrome(severe epilepsy).

And I highly recommend to any of you MJ supporters who smoke for recreational or medical reasons to not use high THC strains alone, especially under the age of 25. Always combine with CBD. It was originally in the plant for good reason.

@Growdamnit. People have become indoctrinated on their views of cannabis, even the most open minded individuals. It's important to know the variance and range of effects cannabis has among different people. I passed some of my hardest courses using cannabis including advanced calc and statistics. I see cannabis a lot like food or water, In the right quantities; exceptional and beautiful. In the wrong quantities, unhealthy (obesity,diabetes,depression)and even deadly in the long term (too much water)
NYJets
NYJets

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:09 am

I agree that too much is a bad thing. I suppose we all have our opinions and that's all they are.

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  NYJets Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:10 am

@oddyseus those vaccinations have permanently damaged your brain. That link to belgravia centre is.a.joke. Go troll on BB or HLT forums.
NYJets
NYJets

Back to top Go down

Post  Odysseus Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:39 am

NYJets wrote:@oddyseus those vaccinations have permanently damaged your brain. That link to belgravia centre is.a.joke. Go troll on BB or HLT forums.

I agree. I googled and randomly picked a site. Who says I'm trolling, other than you?

The topic, which we've spiraled away from, was how to help the OP's friend get used to living without a drug. Clean time and support are crucial for anyone quitting an addiction. Been there.

Odysseus

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:44 am

As much as I think you're funny, I say you're trolling, too. It's not a reputable source, so I ignored it. Please don't take this comment personally, as I don't care for dispute.

OP: Odysseus is right. Eat clean, healthy, and you will detox. To resist the urge to smoke again, just find a hobby that would replace your habitual tendencies.

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next