Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
derma rolling or stinging bald spot with nettles EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
derma rolling or stinging bald spot with nettles EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
derma rolling or stinging bald spot with nettles EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
derma rolling or stinging bald spot with nettles EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
derma rolling or stinging bald spot with nettles EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
derma rolling or stinging bald spot with nettles EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
derma rolling or stinging bald spot with nettles EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
derma rolling or stinging bald spot with nettles EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
derma rolling or stinging bald spot with nettles EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

derma rolling or stinging bald spot with nettles

3 posters

Go down

derma rolling or stinging bald spot with nettles Empty derma rolling or stinging bald spot with nettles

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:51 am

would that do the same thing

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

derma rolling or stinging bald spot with nettles Empty Re: derma rolling or stinging bald spot with nettles

Post  Smurfy Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:56 am

Interesting thought. I've been using the derma roller but it doesn't give me an itching sensation, just a dull pain. However it's said nettle stings do itch, meaning probable histamine/immune response. The question is... is the itching creating a more powerful skin response?

I've been finding things such as squaric acid- things that draw the infiltrate response from the follicle up to the surface by creating a topical "allergic" reaction, with people seeing results. Could nettle stings be a way of forcing a full immune response, as opposed to derma roll which only creates holes?
Smurfy
Smurfy

Back to top Go down

derma rolling or stinging bald spot with nettles Empty Re: derma rolling or stinging bald spot with nettles

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:22 am

fresh nettles would make more sense

derma roll is just...holes.

I'm not sure.

surely they do a similar thing, but I think nettles would be better

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  4039 Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:38 am

And what does nettles possess in higher than avg concentrations? Silica and sulfur. Just sayin'.

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:39 am

I doubt you absorb it through nettle stings though

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:47 am

I mean, I doubt you absorb any silica and sulfur from stinging yourself with them.

i

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  Smurfy Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:14 pm

iuyyighghghgkh wrote:I mean, I doubt you absorb any silica and sulfur from stinging yourself with them.

i

Right. It's about the contact immune response.

Taken from naaf.org with regards to AA:

Topical Immunotherapy: Another method of treating extensive alopecia areata or alopecia areata totalis/universalis is known as topical immunotherapy and it involves producing and allergic rash or allergic contact dermatitis. Chemicals such as diphencyprone (DPCP), dinitrochlorobenzene (DNCB), or squaric acid dibutyl ester (SADBE) are applied to the scalp to produce an allergic rash which resembles poison oak or ivy. Approximately 40% of patients treated with topical immunotherapy will regrow scalp hair after about six months of treatment. Those who do successfully regrow scalp hair still need to continue the treatment to maintain the hair regrowth, at least until the condition turns itself off.

It's definitely worth a try, especially if immunity is involved in your specific situation... different from how dermarolling works.
Smurfy
Smurfy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down