Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Ruth's Hemp Protein with Sprouted Flax & Maca EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Ruth's Hemp Protein with Sprouted Flax & Maca EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Ruth's Hemp Protein with Sprouted Flax & Maca EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Ruth's Hemp Protein with Sprouted Flax & Maca EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Ruth's Hemp Protein with Sprouted Flax & Maca EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Ruth's Hemp Protein with Sprouted Flax & Maca EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Ruth's Hemp Protein with Sprouted Flax & Maca EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Ruth's Hemp Protein with Sprouted Flax & Maca EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Ruth's Hemp Protein with Sprouted Flax & Maca EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Ruth's Hemp Protein with Sprouted Flax & Maca

3 posters

Go down

Ruth's Hemp Protein with Sprouted Flax & Maca Empty Ruth's Hemp Protein with Sprouted Flax & Maca

Post  NewReg Sun May 31, 2009 3:31 pm

Being vegetarian, I have been looking for a good source of Omega 3's, so I've been trying out different hemp protein powders. Most have actually been really good, but last month I found one that offers the hemp protein/omegas with sprouted flax and maca:
http://www.ruthshempfoods.com/protein/hemp_protein.html#flaxmaca

It tastes pretty good for a no additive/filler protein powder, but those who can only stomach a vanilla or chocolate flavored drink will have to add something to it. I mix it with almond milk and kefir (pasteurized until I stop being lazy and grow my own). I've been using this shake to ween myself off my AM granola (love granola), and it's earthy/gritty taste is something I've found myself actually preferring on some mornings.

NewReg

Back to top Go down

Ruth's Hemp Protein with Sprouted Flax & Maca Empty Re: Ruth's Hemp Protein with Sprouted Flax & Maca

Post  sublime9 Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:20 pm

I am in the same boat but I use the neuromins from source naturals. The DHA will back convert to EPA at around 16% according to a study on pubmed. The ALA in flax only convert to DHA/EPA at a 1-3% rate. There is also a product from water4life that is an algae based EPA/DHA but your wallet will take a beating.

sublime9

Back to top Go down

Ruth's Hemp Protein with Sprouted Flax & Maca Empty Re: Ruth's Hemp Protein with Sprouted Flax & Maca

Post  sublime9 Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:22 pm

I did want to mention that I am huge fan of Ruth's Hemp products and buy them in bulk from amazon. If you are very athletic and can spare the greenbacks I would check into Sunwarrior's products. They make a great Rice Protein powder that goes great in a cacao shake.

sublime9

Back to top Go down

Post  jksl Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:15 pm

Ruth's hemp protein with maca and E3 Live looks interesting too.
jksl
jksl

Back to top Go down

Post  NewReg Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:20 am

sublime9 wrote:I am in the same boat but I use the neuromins from source naturals. The DHA will back convert to EPA at around 16% according to a study on pubmed. The ALA in flax only convert to DHA/EPA at a 1-3% rate. There is also a product from water4life that is an algae based EPA/DHA but your wallet will take a beating.
I took V-Pure for months, which is also algae-based, but it didn't agree with me. For some reason, I have a hard time digesting that stuff; Salmon oil capsules were the same for me when I was eating meat. Are the Source Naturals Neuromins similar in composition. None of this stuff is cheap...

What about this? Any idea on the conversions?
http://www.iherb.com/Greens-Plus-Chia-Seeds-Omega-3-Superfood-1-lb-454-g/13983?at=0

NewReg

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down