Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Eyebrow hair loss EmptyTue May 14, 2024 8:05 am by CausticSymmetry

» zombie cells
Eyebrow hair loss EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Eyebrow hair loss EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Eyebrow hair loss EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Eyebrow hair loss EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Eyebrow hair loss EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Eyebrow hair loss EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Eyebrow hair loss EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Eyebrow hair loss EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Eyebrow hair loss

+2
Xenon
ElmoSuper8
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Eyebrow hair loss Empty Eyebrow hair loss

Post  ElmoSuper8 Fri May 16, 2014 11:11 pm

How many others have a problem with eyebrow hair loss?

My story is that my eyebrow hair loss started about 2 months after my scalp hair loss. There is a painful itch, quite similar to the scalp inflammation itch. There is dry skin/ dandruff but there has been some of that most of my adult life and it never caused hair loss, so I don't view it as the cause. The hair loss is all over the eyebrow, not just the outer third as is indicative with thyroid problems, but I'm inclined to suspect that thyroid problems can probably cause hair loss all over the eyebrow, not just the outer third.

I always thought that maybe this eyebrow hair loss might hold the key to my scalp hair loss as well, but I'm still bumbling around in the dark with no answers. I hear a lot of words like "autoimmune" and "hypothyroid" but I just don't have a clue.

Do the eyebrow hairs work by the same mechanism as the scalp hairs? Are the two related? What does it all mean?

Thanks affraid 

ElmoSuper8

Back to top Go down

Eyebrow hair loss Empty Re: Eyebrow hair loss

Post  Xenon Sat May 17, 2014 12:02 am

Eyebrow hair exists to prevent sweat from the temples from going into the eyes. Sweat contains waste byproducts such as lactic acid and urea which cause inflammation. It could be possible that they have built up within your eyebrow follicles and prompted an auto-immune response. I used to avoid working out because, afterwards, my temples would always inflame and I'd lose hair. That was until I discovered that it was these contents in sweat which were causing this problem. When I began cleansing my scalp after a work out I stopped experiencing inflammation and hair loss. Maybe you should try cleansing your eyebrows and see if this helps.
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadlyDevice Sat May 17, 2014 12:32 am

If you ask doctors it means nothing, if you ask the internet it means everything.

Eyebrow thinning can be related to hypothyroidism so you might want to get tests (TSH, T4, T3, FT4, FT3, maybe even Anti-TPO and Anti-TgAb).

DeadlyDevice

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon Sat May 17, 2014 1:25 am

I read that only the outer edges thin as a result of hypothyroidism, though I wouldn't rule this out as a factor. Slow wound healing can result from hypothyroidism.

I remember when I used to eat lots of grains for a period, that my eyebrows began to inflame and flake. It was also around this time that I experienced hairline recession and vertex thinning.
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  MikeBison Sat May 17, 2014 1:50 am

I'm on the same boat, thinning all over eyebrows, as well hair loss everywhere else, head and body. I don't wanna go the steroids route but what else can be done?

MikeBison

Back to top Go down

Post  danthethinningman Sat May 17, 2014 5:51 am

ElmoSuper8 wrote:How many others have a problem with eyebrow hair loss?

My story is that my eyebrow hair loss started about 2 months after my scalp hair loss. There is a painful itch, quite similar to the scalp inflammation itch. There is dry skin/ dandruff but there has been some of that most of my adult life and it never caused hair loss, so I don't view it as the cause. The hair loss is all over the eyebrow, not just the outer third as is indicative with thyroid problems, but I'm inclined to suspect that thyroid problems can probably cause hair loss all over the eyebrow, not just the outer third.

I always thought that maybe this eyebrow hair loss might hold the key to my scalp hair loss as well, but I'm still bumbling around in the dark with no answers. I hear a lot of words like "autoimmune" and "hypothyroid" but I just don't have a clue.

Do the eyebrow hairs work by the same mechanism as the scalp hairs? Are the two related? What does it all mean?

Thanks affraid 
hey man idk if you messages me before I think you did. Well I explained that my eyebrows were virtually gone and now have grown in a lot. Biotin and riboflavin did the work. I was still experiencing it h though so I kept experimenting. I have found through experimentation that a tbsp of salt with 30 oz of water drinking through out the day substantially lessens the itch. Last year when I was going out with this girl she asked me why I appear to have a rash on my eyebrows and nose folds. She went as at as to lick the rash (Ikno odd...). She said it was extremely salty. This leads me to believe that sodium is essential to wound healing. Hair loss in any area of the body must be the product of low action potential. Low potassium and sodium are to blame. Then when it comes to sugar metabolism, low atp will shunt proper atpase activity wich probably results in cellular swelling and excessive water loss.

danthethinningman

Back to top Go down

Post  ghai018 Sat May 17, 2014 9:51 pm

Interesting about salt water... that sounds like it's worth experimenting. I'm also taking Thorne B complex #6 and putting castor oil on my eyebrows.

ghai018

Back to top Go down

Post  danthethinningman Sun May 18, 2014 6:18 am

ghai018 wrote:Interesting about salt water... that sounds like it's worth experimenting. I'm also taking Thorne B complex #6 and putting castor oil on my eyebrows.
after a little bit of research on sodium retention I found that it has been known for 30 years that sodium requires insulin to be token up by cells. My eyebrow itch started after low carb diet. At that same time I found myself practicly addicted to salt. All the salt in the world was just not enough. Now that I eat carbs again I don't crave salt as bad but still do to an extent. Potato chips do my body so many favors this just comes to show there is no such thing as good and bad when it comes. To food. Another observation I've made is that sucking on a jolly rancher helps the eyebrow itch for a few hours until I find myself needing sodium again. Jolly ranchers are just flucose with nothing else bound. What I'm going to start to experiment next is adding sucrose and sea salt to water and drinking it for a week. Ill let you kno of I get even better results.

danthethinningman

Back to top Go down

Post  ElmoSuper8 Sun May 18, 2014 10:21 am

DeadlyDevice wrote:If you ask doctors it means nothing, if you ask the internet it means everything.

Eyebrow thinning can be related to hypothyroidism so you might want to get tests (TSH, T4, T3, FT4, FT3, maybe even Anti-TPO and Anti-TgAb).

Yeah, my doctor tested for thyroid problems, results said the thyroid was ok, but if you look on the internet apparently blood tests for thyroid can be totally useless, even Mercola says so. So I had a hair mineral analysis and it said I was in a stress burnout state, that I had clearly been experiencing stress for a long time and that I was experiencing adrenal and thyroid insufficiency. It then went on to state a lot of the symptoms I was probably experiencing which were correct.

So, does anyone know of any good thyroid suppliments?

Thanks

ElmoSuper8

Back to top Go down

Post  ElmoSuper8 Sun May 18, 2014 10:30 am

I was taking "Thyroid Energy" by Now Supplements which I think was helping with the eyebrow hair loss but I had to stop taking it because the Guggul extract gave the craziest all over body itch ever, especially on the palms of the hands and soles of the feet. Absolutely crazy. They always go one step too far with these formulas and stick in some crazy bullshit.

ElmoSuper8

Back to top Go down

Post  ghai018 Sun May 18, 2014 11:59 pm

I think it's also gut related, I get scalp+eyebrow itch and block nose from bad foods, then if I take probiotics and/or do a poop it seems to clear.

ghai018

Back to top Go down

Post  ElmoSuper8 Mon May 19, 2014 12:27 am

Hi, I'm not really concerned about eyebrow itch, I'm concerned with the eyebrow hair loss.

I want to know the mechanism that makes it happen and I suspect that its probably simpler than scalp hair loss. If I can understand it and combat it, then maybe it will be the key to scalp hair loss.

ElmoSuper8

Back to top Go down

Post  ElmoSuper8 Mon May 19, 2014 12:31 am

ghai018 wrote:I think it's also gut related, I get scalp+eyebrow itch and block nose from bad foods, then if I take probiotics and/or do a poop it seems to clear.

Hi, what probiotic do you recommend?

Cheers

ElmoSuper8

Back to top Go down

Post  danthethinningman Mon May 19, 2014 12:44 pm

ElmoSuper8 wrote:Hi, I'm not really concerned about eyebrow itch, I'm concerned with the eyebrow hair loss.

I want to know the mechanism that makes it happen and I suspect that its probably simpler than scalp hair loss. If I can understand it and combat it, then maybe it will be the key to scalp hair loss.
since you say you don't care about the it h, well you do realize it'll be hard to regrow eyebrows when you have damaged tissue. I have stated this many times I believe and that is that high dose riboflavon with high dose biotin starts eyebrow regrowth were eyebrows are missing for me. It should take a week to notice atleast minimal results. This combo doesn't eliminate the itch though. I believe Xeon is right. It is definitely a build up of metabolic by products. When I play a game of basket ball and sweat alot, the itch disappear for the day. Thyroid hormones won't so the trick. Even if they did they will further exccaborate the underlying cause wich is nutrient deficiencies. Raising your metabolic rate without replenishing cellular minerals and vitamins is like pressing on the gas peddle when your gas tank is empty.

danthethinningman

Back to top Go down

Post  ghai018 Mon May 19, 2014 7:35 pm

Pre-script assist for probiotics so far.

ghai018

Back to top Go down

Post  ElmoSuper8 Mon May 19, 2014 10:54 pm

danthethinningman wrote:
ElmoSuper8 wrote:Hi, I'm not really concerned about eyebrow itch, I'm concerned with the eyebrow hair loss.

since you say you don't care about the it h, well you do realize it'll be hard to regrow eyebrows when you have damaged tissue. I have stated this many times I believe and that is that high dose riboflavon with high dose biotin starts eyebrow regrowth were eyebrows are missing for me. It should take a week to notice atleast minimal results. This combo doesn't eliminate the itch though. I believe Xeon is right. It is definitely a build up of metabolic by products. When I play a game of basket ball and sweat alot, the itch disappear for the day. Thyroid hormones won't so the trick. Even if they did they will further exccaborate the underlying cause wich is nutrient deficiencies. Raising your metabolic rate without replenishing cellular minerals and vitamins is like pressing on the gas peddle when your gas tank is empty.

The eyebrows are not gone, and i do get regrowth, the problem is the daily fallout. I'll see what happens on the Riboflavin and biotin. So what is your regimen these days Dan?

ElmoSuper8

Back to top Go down

Post  danthethinningman Tue May 20, 2014 2:27 am

Biotin, Mn, Mg, b6 and b2 but I'm inconsistent with it now. Ever since I stopped taking riboflavin daily my eyebrows grow less. It seems your case is easier to solve then mines is. Try it.

danthethinningman

Back to top Go down

Post  ElmoSuper8 Tue May 20, 2014 2:45 am

Yeah Dan, will do.

How much B6 and Manganese do you use?

ElmoSuper8

Back to top Go down

Post  danthethinningman Tue May 20, 2014 3:28 am

ElmoSuper8 wrote:Yeah Dan, will do.

How much B6 and Manganese do you use?
I take 200 mg of b6 w/3 grams of mg. I take 50 mg of Mn. My hair is so much thicker now. My scalp isn't even that noticable in the sun were as before it was noticable indoors. I'm just stumped at the eyebrow itch recently. This is why I believe one or the other isn't easier to solve in every case. My scalp hair is easier to solve then eyebrows in my case.

danthethinningman

Back to top Go down

Post  ghai018 Tue May 20, 2014 3:31 am

Currently taking Thorne B complex 6... but it's not full of everything... any recommendations on compounds from Thorne that cover bases better?

ghai018

Back to top Go down

Post  ElmoSuper8 Tue May 20, 2014 3:31 am

Still taking the ZMA?

ElmoSuper8

Back to top Go down

Post  ElmoSuper8 Tue May 20, 2014 3:35 am

ghai018 wrote:Pre-script assist for probiotics so far.

Thanks, will check this stuff out. Did you notice any benefits from it?

ElmoSuper8

Back to top Go down

Post  ghai018 Tue May 20, 2014 3:38 am

Hair wise unsure. Allergy-wise / gut wise, yes a lot.

ghai018

Back to top Go down

Post  ElmoSuper8 Tue May 20, 2014 3:41 am

Cool, like what?

ElmoSuper8

Back to top Go down

Post  ghai018 Tue May 20, 2014 4:00 am

It improves digestion loads... and thus unblocks all of my sinuses etc.

ghai018

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next