Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Best combo of anti-stress/ant-depressant supplements? EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Best combo of anti-stress/ant-depressant supplements? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Best combo of anti-stress/ant-depressant supplements? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Best combo of anti-stress/ant-depressant supplements? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Best combo of anti-stress/ant-depressant supplements? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Best combo of anti-stress/ant-depressant supplements? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Best combo of anti-stress/ant-depressant supplements? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Best combo of anti-stress/ant-depressant supplements? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Best combo of anti-stress/ant-depressant supplements? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Best combo of anti-stress/ant-depressant supplements?

4 posters

Go down

Best combo of anti-stress/ant-depressant supplements? Empty Best combo of anti-stress/ant-depressant supplements?

Post  j87x Fri May 29, 2009 5:03 pm

I've been on L-Tyrosine, Sensoril, and then Relora. I didn't notice much of a difference while on any. There was one that everyone was recommending but I forgot what it was called and I can't find it. Anyone suggest experimenting with others? Are there any that I should only take on days when I'm feeling really stressed/depressed in addition to daily ones?

j87x

Back to top Go down

Best combo of anti-stress/ant-depressant supplements? Empty Re: Best combo of anti-stress/ant-depressant supplements?

Post  ataman Sat May 30, 2009 4:56 am

Hey,

I'm your man for antianxiety/antidepression (of the natural variety). I suffer from SAD during the winter, which in Scotland is not a great thing to have.

The ones you've tried sound more antianxiety than antidepression. Some things do both, some are more for anxiety, and some are more for depression.

In brief, the things that work well for me during the winter are 1.) SAM-e. This tops up a substance that is already produced in the body and is good for both anxiety and depression. Its not very cheap though. 2.) Rhodiola. More for depression than anxiety, but also has numerous other health benefits. Its cheap to buy. 3.) 5HTP. A precursor to serotonin, an important neurotransmitter. Good for both anxiety and depression and cheap. 4.) Ashwagandha with Rhodiola. With these you get the anti-anxiety of ashwagandha (sensoril is a patented version of this), with the feel good factor of Rhodiola.

To be honest, there are many, many things out there. These are just a few that have worked well for me. As regards hair benefits, I think Ash and Rhod are both good for your hair. The others certainly didn't do mine any harm.

When you find something that works, its important to cycle it - roughly 3 weeks on, 1 week off (or on something else). This will ensure it stays effective for you.

Good luck.

ataman

Back to top Go down

Best combo of anti-stress/ant-depressant supplements? Empty Re: Best combo of anti-stress/ant-depressant supplements?

Post  lund Sat May 30, 2009 5:45 am

man - my suggestion would be to get something that gives you all the needed neurotransmitters, as you have no f~ing idea which one(s) is causing you the depression. CNS is absolutely a complex world.

My experience was that Dopamine lifted the mood very well. I am not depressed, have never taken anything for it, but I like to experiment with neurotransmitters (NT) to see what effects it may have.

Serotonin, dopamine, and the other 2 NTs are are linked in ways science has not fully uncovered (I am no scientist, but I have read about this extensively to know a little bit).

One option is to replenish both serotonin and dopamine and see what it does. 5-htp + l-tryptophan (for serotonin) and L-Tyrosine + L-Dopa (Mucuna pruiens, or whatever it is called) for Dopamine. You will need to take these empty stomach (dopamine in the AM and Serotonin evening) + the companion B vitamins + L-cysteine for HMC control.

Google neuroassist.com and you can read some good info there as to why SSRI stops working for depression control and what you need to do replenish NTs...

lund

Back to top Go down

Post  Petch Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:17 am

5 HTP and St. John's Wort work fine for me, I wouldn't touch pharma's anti depressant drugs.
Petch
Petch

Back to top Go down

Post  lund Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:13 am

SOme of the places you can get a 24 hr urine neurotransmitter test - this can give you some idea which ones are under and which ones are over. That may give you some specific direction on what to try. Generally speaking, it seems if the Methylation cycle is broken (not working as expected) your NT imbalance occurs, fixing methylation cycle is easy as long as you know which part is broken - read the other recent thread on genetics testing, it covers Methylation cycle in detail...

lund

Back to top Go down

Post  lund Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:29 am

Urine testing of NTs though is a questionable practice. Some think that it is not meaningful to assess the NTs in urine, others think it is valuable -

lund

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down