Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Is there a cure for folliculitus? EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Is there a cure for folliculitus? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Is there a cure for folliculitus? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Is there a cure for folliculitus? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Is there a cure for folliculitus? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Is there a cure for folliculitus? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Is there a cure for folliculitus? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Is there a cure for folliculitus? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Is there a cure for folliculitus? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Is there a cure for folliculitus?

4 posters

Go down

Is there a cure for folliculitus? Empty Is there a cure for folliculitus?

Post  shaftless Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:25 am

Infected hair follicles from bacteria can be a major cause of hairloss. I seem to have small dots or pimples on my balding areas which look a little like folliculitus decalvans. Or maybe it's guttate (rain drop) psoriasis. It's really hard to tell sometimes. Hydrocortisone seems to help a little but not really that much. Other than taking strong oral antibiotics which could affect your liver in a negative way, I wonder if there are natural herbal ones that might help.

shaftless

Back to top Go down

Is there a cure for folliculitus? Empty Re: Is there a cure for folliculitus?

Post  Smurfy Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:56 am

Shaftless, I've wondered this same thing for a couple years.

Tell me if this is similar to yours: Tiny white/clear pimple-like surface specks in the next-to-be-balding area, that have an intense itch but only show up a day or two after washing your head? Sometimes if you "break" a pimple, a small amount of clear fluid comes out?

I've found relief from using clarifying natural shampoos, specifically Aubrey's green tea, and lavender. If it's a bad breakout time, I notice a slight stinging and burning when shampooing. Can you relate? It seems to get bad where there is a sebum overload, which is how mine began it seems. Mine started at the hairline and had progressively pushed back. I've stopped it with those shampoos along with diet, and no further recession has taken place. Did yours start at the hairline or temples as well? It seems to be the area of most rapid sebum production, personally. I still haven't regrown anything lost though... just revitalized the follicles in jeopardy.
Smurfy
Smurfy

Back to top Go down

Post  shaftless Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:16 am

Sounds pretty close. I have longish hair so it's hard to see down to the scalp sometimes. I do have some small white bumps here and there but not sure if those same bumps transformed into the red, scabby ones though. My temples started thinning first but my hairline is still there just getting sparser and sparser. My crown and top is really going and that's where I see the most infected areas. And yes, if you scratch these red pimples they ooze a bit. If you don't scratch them then they form what feels like a grain of sand at the top. Probably just hardened puss. I think this is what's mostly killing off the hair follicles.

I use some pretty harsh shampoos like niz and some with salicylic acid and even coal tar shampoos. They all tingle and burn somewhat but not sure if it's from the ingredients or if they are reacting with the outbreak.

Try typing "folliculitus decalvans" in google and when the different websites are displayed go to the top of the page and click on Images. It'll come up with a lot of pictures of it...and it's pretty nasty.

shaftless

Back to top Go down

Post  Smurfy Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:30 am

Ok yeah that does seem pretty close. My hair fell out in tiny clumps though, to form what appears to be recession. If I don't touch them, they tend to "dry up", and I can pick off some sand-like black scabs. I have longish hair too, so I haven't closely inspected but using my fingers, I get a good feel for what the texture of them is like. They are pretty much all within the top of the head, as you describe. I just googled that... wow those are some really extreme cases. I'm willing to bet most of them didn't take care of their scalps with the proper ingredients. I could totally see our situation turning into this if left unchecked though, given the amount of pain and inflammation that erupts if left alone. You do use some harsh stuff... I haven't used those, but they seem like they would be very drying, still making the scalp environment prime for more infection. I'm going to begin experimenting with a mix of essential oils next week.

I wonder how we can regrow? Pus and scar tissue built up makes sense, but no amount of micro needling or glycolic acid has seemed to help. Maybe TCA peel, or....? I just don't know.
Smurfy
Smurfy

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:31 am

The best bet so far for folliculitus decalvans is LLLT. I've been researching folliculitus decalvans for severals years, this is so far the most promising avenue for it.

http://overmachogrande.com/

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Smurfy Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:42 am

Very interesting... I contacted John a few months ago, and explained the situation. Flat out, he said he had no idea if LLLT would be of use. Due to the regenerative properties, it's the main reason I looked into that as you just suggested. In theory, it makes sense.
Smurfy
Smurfy

Back to top Go down

Post  YAER Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:46 am

I think probiotics would be your best bet, try "prescript assist" i just ordered it after reading excellent reviews on it and how lacto only inhabits a very minor part of our intestines and that the sbo in this probiotic contains the DOMINANT strains in the normal human gut...If antibiotics work then it must be autoimmunal and you know 80% of our immunity stems from the gut...

YAER

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down