Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Wtf, my triglyceride levels 3x higher than normal? Please help EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Wtf, my triglyceride levels 3x higher than normal? Please help EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Wtf, my triglyceride levels 3x higher than normal? Please help EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Wtf, my triglyceride levels 3x higher than normal? Please help EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Wtf, my triglyceride levels 3x higher than normal? Please help EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Wtf, my triglyceride levels 3x higher than normal? Please help EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Wtf, my triglyceride levels 3x higher than normal? Please help EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Wtf, my triglyceride levels 3x higher than normal? Please help EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Wtf, my triglyceride levels 3x higher than normal? Please help EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Wtf, my triglyceride levels 3x higher than normal? Please help

5 posters

Go down

Wtf, my triglyceride levels 3x higher than normal? Please help Empty Wtf, my triglyceride levels 3x higher than normal? Please help

Post  sizzlinghairs Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:21 pm

Hey everyone.

So I was just at my dr for a regular annual physical. He pulled some bloodwork.

He calls me back and says my triglycerides 3x higher than normal.

First things first, I didn't fast before the test and had a large meal of rice, olive oil,and tofu 2 hours prior.. I read that you are supposed to fast before these tests so that might be it...

Also these are the supplement a I'm taking:

1) benfotianine 300mg daily (have some nerve damage)
2) Trx2 (basically 800 mg carnitine w amino acids)
3) 400 mg magnesium
4) 8 grams MSM and 4 grams vit c
5) 600 mg NAC (jarrow time released)
6) occasionally 200 mg coq 10

I also run daily , eat mostly organic, and drink an organic green juice nightly with celery, avocado, cucumber, sprouts, ginger, apple, a variation of green leefy veggies, and an apple.

Does anything here send a red flag regarding triglyceride levels?

Help much appreciated.

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Wtf, my triglyceride levels 3x higher than normal? Please help Empty Re: Wtf, my triglyceride levels 3x higher than normal? Please help

Post  ngb Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:03 pm

Yeah, you are supposed to fast for 10 to 12 hours so you should probably get it retested.

ngb

Back to top Go down

Wtf, my triglyceride levels 3x higher than normal? Please help Empty Re: Wtf, my triglyceride levels 3x higher than normal? Please help

Post  rofl Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:11 pm

yeh u need to fast dude. u need to get another one, because as it stands u dont know if its high, or if its just from previous meal. or a combination. i usually eat as normal, then go to bed and get the test first thing next morning. only 8-10 hrs fasting is needed. UR Doc may be able to estimate the effect the food had on it and subtract that to get the result, but it wouldnt be very accurate.

id say disregard it and get another.
rofl
rofl

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:08 am

Agreed w/ above.

Also, what type of running do you do? I'm not here to tell anyone how to work out, but distance runners have displayed elevated triglycerides.

The other thing I'd consider is elevated triglycerides are hallmarks of insulin resistance. But, overall the results of that test aren't reliable. The fat content of the meal alone could throw these values off, especially given that the test was taken so soon after eating.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:42 am

Thanks for the replies guys.

As far as the running, I  run 30 minutes daily, moderate intensity. Always sweating at the end, but never deathly tired.

Does anyone think the fact that I put olive oil on both my temples (I kinda soak them) every night before I boar brush could somehow raise my triglycerides? (i know it might sound silly, but I was thinking about systemic absorption lol). Is that totally outlandish?

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  rofl Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:12 pm

no, i dont think thats outlandish

youd have to look at the size of the components of olive oil and the maximum size that penetrates skin.

how much can olive oil raise triglycerides when ingested?

its pointless speculating though until u get a fasting result.
rofl
rofl

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:05 pm

Thanks rofl.

Curious, anyone else think topically rubbed in olive left on for an hour or overnight (sometimes) could actually cause an appreciable raise in triglycerides?

Im getting retested soon but wondering if anyone else had thoughts on this? I always thought olive oil was beneficial topically..

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:19 pm

I don't think that's impossible, but I really do believe the meal by far had the biggest impact. A fasted test will reveal much more I'd imagine. Let us know what your retest results are. I'll be interested to see if they've come down like we expect.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:49 pm

stop running, start sprinting, HIIT style.
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down