Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Omega 3 lowers T.. this would hurt hair loss? EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Omega 3 lowers T.. this would hurt hair loss? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Omega 3 lowers T.. this would hurt hair loss? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Omega 3 lowers T.. this would hurt hair loss? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Omega 3 lowers T.. this would hurt hair loss? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Omega 3 lowers T.. this would hurt hair loss? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Omega 3 lowers T.. this would hurt hair loss? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Omega 3 lowers T.. this would hurt hair loss? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Omega 3 lowers T.. this would hurt hair loss? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Omega 3 lowers T.. this would hurt hair loss?

+4
RPM
CF
iuyyighghghgkh
sanderson
8 posters

Go down

Omega 3 lowers T.. this would hurt hair loss? Empty Omega 3 lowers T.. this would hurt hair loss?

Post  sanderson Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:34 am

a) In this study, the researchers tested several nutritional factors to see how they correlate with pre-exercise testosterone levels in healthy men. What they saw was that the diets high in saturated fat and the diets high in monounsaturated fat, significantly increased testosterone levels. Whereas the diets high in protein, or the diets high in polyunsaturated fats, both reduced testosterone levels in a pretty much dose dependent manner. The researchers also saw that the higher the dietary fat intake, the higher the testosterone (diet containing mixed fats).

http://anabolicmen.com/fats-and-testosterone/
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Omega 3 lowers T.. this would hurt hair loss? Empty Re: Omega 3 lowers T.. this would hurt hair loss?

Post  sanderson Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:42 am

Omega 3 lowers T.. this would hurt hair loss? Dietary-fat-intake-and-testosterone-production-in-men1
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Omega 3 lowers T.. this would hurt hair loss? Empty Re: Omega 3 lowers T.. this would hurt hair loss?

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:43 am

fish oil causes oxidative stress.....in fish ((Kjaer et al. 2008).)

unless you are the Tin Man, limit the fish oil

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  CF Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:56 pm

Thanks for the post, sanderson.

CF

Back to top Go down

Post  RPM Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:25 am

Thanks for the study Sanderson (and the info in the accompanying site)  This looks like a point for the Peatarians.  Very confusing for me-thought we wanted to maximize T, but the PUFAs seem to significantly decrease it. Does the anti-inflammatory effect outweigh the T lowering?  Any contrary opinions out there?
RPM
RPM

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:08 am

RPM wrote:Thanks for the study Sanderson (and the info in the accompanying site)  This looks like a point for the Peatarians.  Very confusing for me-thought we wanted to maximize T, but the PUFAs seem to significantly decrease it. Does the anti-inflammatory effect outweigh the T lowering?  Any contrary opinions out there?

Yeah I initially thought the peat stuff was a little out there until I found this.. now I'm avoiding them all. I know CS has been avocating omega-3, any comment CS on this? is this a big deal or no iyo?
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:11 am

Vitamin A from fish oil a bad thing then? How about black currant oil or krill?

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:58 pm

sanderson wrote:
RPM wrote:Thanks for the study Sanderson (and the info in the accompanying site)  This looks like a point for the Peatarians.  Very confusing for me-thought we wanted to maximize T, but the PUFAs seem to significantly decrease it. Does the anti-inflammatory effect outweigh the T lowering?  Any contrary opinions out there?

Yeah I initially thought the peat stuff was a little out there until I found this.. now I'm avoiding them all. I know CS has been avocating omega-3, any comment CS on this? is this a big deal or no iyo?

The Peat science has one significant flaw.

First, let's consider that dosage is important when it comes to everything.

When we dissect studies, the true details matter and here is what the science doesn't say from most of what Peat picks out.

(1) Amounts of Omega-3 less than 3 grams is safe.
a. I prefer krill oil, where less is more (1,000 mg per day)
b. amounts in excess of 3-grams reduces oxygen transfer between cell membranes...(I'll give Peat that...and this has been recognized...no argument there), but we don't need to take such a large dose to get the effect we want.

(2) Omega-3 in reasonable dosages not only soaks up heavy metals...it also reduces telomere shrinkage (extends lifespan). It bears repeating (when the correct dosage is taken, less than 3 grams).

(3) Diets are generally overly abundant in omega-6, so why not balance it with a little omega-3. The real fact is abstaining from omega-3's is a classic example of misinformation. It's going to protect against prostaglandin D2.

(4) Oxidation from even rancid fats is not as bad as it was once assumed...surprise....it doesn't interfere with its beneficial effects. I would cite the source, but my laptop's current location has poor Internet. I've been studying lipid biochemistry since the early 90's.

(5) My last point is, omega-3's have made a real difference for people...why not take advantage of it. It's really just about the dosage. So yes, Peat's science sounds good, however, managing grams amount of PUFAs gets a bit ridiculous. Just keep the dose reasonable...no worries.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:20 pm

CausticSymmetry wrote:
sanderson wrote:

The Peat science has one significant flaw.

First, let's consider that dosage is important when it comes to everything.

When we dissect studies, the true details matter and here is what the science doesn't say from most of what Peat picks out.

(1) Amounts of Omega-3 less than 3 grams is safe.
a. I prefer krill oil, where less is more (1,000 mg per day)
b. amounts in excess of 3-grams reduces oxygen transfer between cell membranes...(I'll give Peat that...and this has been recognized...no argument there), but we don't need to take such a large dose to get the effect we want.

(2) Omega-3 in reasonable dosages not only soaks up heavy metals...it also reduces telomere shrinkage (extends lifespan).  It bears repeating (when the correct dosage is taken, less than 3 grams).

(3) Diets are generally overly abundant in omega-6, so why not balance it with a little omega-3. The real fact is abstaining from omega-3's is a classic example of misinformation. It's going to protect against prostaglandin D2.

(4) Oxidation from even rancid fats is not as bad as it was once assumed...surprise....it doesn't interfere with its beneficial effects. I would cite the source, but my laptop's current location has poor Internet. I've been studying lipid biochemistry since the early 90's.

(5) My last point is, omega-3's have made a real difference for people...why not take advantage of it. It's really just about the dosage. So yes, Peat's science sounds good, however, managing grams amount of PUFAs gets a bit ridiculous. Just keep the dose reasonable...no worries.

makes sense.. i guess we are considering much higher doses of omega 3 contributing towards T going lower versus fish oil a smaller amount. do you have the study showing that less than a certain amount of pufa is OK?
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Omega 3 lowers T.. this would hurt hair loss? Empty does this go for Plant proteins like L.O.V super meal with levels higher than 3g of omega 3?

Post  Nonstop24 Fri May 01, 2015 8:11 am

http://www.pureloveshake.com/puriumlove/ingredients.html

There's 3g of omega 3 in here. It's a great plant protein.

Nonstop24

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexis A Sat May 09, 2015 9:40 pm

very nice and informative post and I too think that Omega-3 in moderated doses is very safe and healthy.

Alexis A

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down