Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Fenugreek supplements? EmptyToday at 12:43 am by MikeGore

» zombie cells
Fenugreek supplements? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Fenugreek supplements? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Fenugreek supplements? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Fenugreek supplements? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Fenugreek supplements? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Fenugreek supplements? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Fenugreek supplements? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Fenugreek supplements? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Fenugreek supplements?

5 posters

Go down

Fenugreek supplements? Empty Fenugreek supplements?

Post  hawk44 Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:51 pm

Hi everyone. I'm a long time lurker and first time poster. I'm passionate about natural health and have been dabbling in herbal supplementation for over 3 years.

I'm curious what the popular opinion is on fenugreek? I recently picked up a bottle of NOW Foods Fenugreek for the heck of it. In doing some online research, I see positive articles claiming it increases energy and testosterone levels in men, negative articles saying it causes male breast growth, and everything in between.

Most of the benefit claims seem to be advertising particular T booster formulas so I'm tempted to dismiss them. Would like to know what the unbiased consensus is and any experiences you may have had with fenugreek in the past.

hawk44

Back to top Go down

Fenugreek supplements? Empty Re: Fenugreek supplements?

Post  lizgee1 Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:11 am

I've never actually heard of it before, but would be interested to learn more

lizgee1

Back to top Go down

Fenugreek supplements? Empty Fenugreek supplements?

Post  Manishakailesh Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:12 pm

I think there are on side effects of this i will also be interested to learn more.

Manishakailesh

http://www.liposuctionindubai.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  lizgee1 Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:34 am

What kind of side effects?

lizgee1

Back to top Go down

Post  hawk44 Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:20 am

lizgee1 wrote:What kind of side effects?

Well I've been taking Fenugreek for the last ten days. Can't say I notice any major effects yet, no surge in energy but I'm not growing breasts either Wink 

Then again I take at least half a dozen supplements on a given day so it can be difficult for me to monitor what's making an impact and what doesn't. Anybody else have experience with Fenugreek?

hawk44

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:31 am

I've seen this as a pro-hair growth supplement since 1999. It improves blood sugar levels. How well one works verses another depends on the concentration of the active constituents.

Pharm Biol. 2014 Feb;52(2):243-54. doi: 10.3109/13880209.2013.826247. Epub 2013 Oct 9.
Pharmacological effects of Trigonella foenum-graecum L. in health and disease.
Yadav UC, Baquer NZ.

Abstract Context: The health benefits and medicinal properties of herbal food products are known since antiquity. Fenugreek [Trigonella foenum-graecum Linn. (Fabaceae)], a seed spice used to enhance flavor, color and texture of food, is employed for medicinal purposes in many traditional systems. A number of epidemiological studies and laboratory research have unraveled the biological actions of fenugreek. Objective: Research on fenugreek in recent years has identified a number of health benefits and physiological attributes in both experimental animals as well as clinical trials in humans. In this study we have reviewed the available scientific literature on fenugreek. Methods: This review article summarizes and reviews published experimental studies and scientific literature from the databases including PubMed, Google and local library searches. Results: The information available in the literature on the health benefits and pharmaceutical effects of Trigonella accounts for its known medicinal properties and adds new therapeutic effects in newer indications. Besides its known medicinal properties such as carminative, gastric stimulant, antidiabetic and galactogogue (lactation-inducer) effects, newer research has identified hypocholesterolemic, antilipidemia, antioxidant, hepatoprotective, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antifungal, antiulcer, antilithigenic, anticarcinogenic and other miscellaneous medicinal effects of fenugreek. Although most of these studies have used whole seed powder or different forms of extracts, some have identified active constituents from seeds and attributed them medicinal values for different indications. Conclusion: The resarch on Trigonella exhibits its health benefits and potential medicinal properties in various indications and has little or no side effects, suggesting its pharmaceutical, therapeutic and nutritional potential.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  lizgee1 Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:57 pm

Thanks for this!

lizgee1

Back to top Go down

Post  hawk44 Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:47 am

CS, would fenugreek have any impact on T-levels? One of the articles I've found says:

"Testosterone. This is a complex one. There are some animal studies that show that Fenugreek actually decreases testosterone. However, the above supplement Testofen, which has standardized itself to 50% fenuside, one of the key phytochemicals in fenugreek, is claimed (by the manufacturer) to be relatively neutral to total testosterone and actually increase free testosterone.

CAUTIONS: One area of concern is that the company web site admits that testofen increases prolactin levels. Prolactin is known for fighting testosterone and the effects of dopamine, both of which could be bad for erections. This is verified by the fact that women are sometimes advised to take large amounts of fenugreek while breastfeeding: prolactin is the "nursing hormone."

Another area of concern is that some animal studies show significantly decreased fertility resulting from Fenugreek consumption."

Seems inconclusive but I'm still a bit concerned. Would appreciate your take on it.

hawk44

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:41 am

hawk44 - Yes, the data is not consistent. The method to the madness involves the conditions of each person (i.e., is it low LH, heavy metals, excessive estrogen, are they overweight?, etc.) Each of these factors can be addressed individually.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:34 am

Can confirm that fenusides do boost testosterone. Well, confirm might be a strong term because at the time I was also using tribulus extracts and d-aspartic acid. But tests did confirm
a boost in testosterone, however, it resided within a month of removing the supplements.

I say confirm because at other points in time I was using only Testofen and I felt qualitatively the same increase in self-assuredness and relaxation (anti-anxiety effects) that I noticed on the whole  battery of supps I was taking prior. And it certainly wasn't placebo. It was very noticeable. During a several year period of up and down testosterone levels, I've become very aware of the changes that come with normal or above-normal test levels. For me, those are almost always an elimination of generalized anxiety, more confidence and self-assuredness, more boldness. Overall, just a feeling of greater potency and sense of capability.

However I should note that these things can result in an estrogen increase as well, and I definitely noticed these sides as well. I don't believe, whatsoever, that they are to blame with the really pronounced estrogen problems I've been dealing with lately, but we do have to remember T is aromatizable so you are almost always going to get some residual estrogen unless you are on some kind of AI. Some people don't seem to have these issues and can supplement straight testosterone and never get estrogen sides. But for many, at least some kind of protocol of estrogen control should be taken toward the end of your cycle. I know the guys more heavy into gear refer to this as PCT but we aren't dealing with that kind of potency. Per usual, the estrogen problem will be greater if you have higher body fat levels from the get go.

As far as the erection concern, I obviously can't speak for everyone on this, but my erection quality only benefitted.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  hawk44 Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:59 am

AS54, thank you for the great input Smile 

hawk44

Back to top Go down

Post  lizgee1 Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:40 am

This is so useful, thank you

lizgee1

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:49 am

Hawk, no problemo.

I'd say to anybody that plans on trying these supps out, don't overdo them. If you continue taking these products for weeks without a break, you'll get significantly declining returns. Its best to cycle them, maybe 3 weeks on and 1-2 weeks off. Rotating different products can be done if you don't want a 1-2 week break from everything, just make sure you aren't getting more of the same in the new product, i.e. check the ingredients.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  lizgee1 Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:13 am

Yeah true, over use can make the problem worse.

lizgee1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down