Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
How is this even possible... ? EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
How is this even possible... ? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
How is this even possible... ? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
How is this even possible... ? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
How is this even possible... ? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
How is this even possible... ? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
How is this even possible... ? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
How is this even possible... ? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
How is this even possible... ? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

How is this even possible... ?

+6
Amaranthaceae
researchingeverything
stresssucks
Complexx
BelieveInIt
sizzlinghairs
10 posters

Go down

How is this even possible... ? Empty How is this even possible... ?

Post  sizzlinghairs Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:25 am

Um, so I have waited a solid month to evaluate to see if this is *actually* happening and not in my head.. It seems to be truly occurring unfortunately, but it seems so unreasonable..

I am currently doing manuals (detumescence/bb brushing) plus taking some supplements that include large dose MSM/vit C, multivit, BCAA and carnitine. I believe the supplements have helped to provide some thickening and maintenance. The manuals I have been not doing that long so waiting for a verdict..

The problem: The past 3 months I have been working out, heavy lifting, been putting on lean muscle. First 2 months, there were no problems. This last month though, it seems after every workout session, almost hours later and the following day, my hair becomes limp and appears to start thinning out. If I take 3 days off of lifting, my hair appears to start thickening again.. I have waited for 5-6 cycles of this to confirm it, and yes this appears to truly be happening. It's massively annoying and aggravating as how can hair start to thin so f*kin rapidly just a day or even hours after working out. And why did it take 3 months for it to start happening.

Only thing I can think of is that my body is utilizing the supplements I take for the increased metabolic needs related to muscle growth. BCAA, carnitine, multivit. I mean I take plenty of protein and actually have been supplementing additionally with these ingredients, but it seems to be to no avail.

But my question: How the f*ck can hair start to thin/become limp in such a SHORT period of time. WTF. I really dont want to have to choose between working out and hairloss, thats just silly. I want to figure out how to solve this!!

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

How is this even possible... ? Empty Re: How is this even possible... ?

Post  sizzlinghairs Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:16 am

Is it even possible for hair to transition that quickly? Over 12-24 hours?

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  BelieveInIt Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:01 pm

sizzlinghairs wrote:Is it even possible for hair to transition that quickly? Over 12-24 hours?

noticed similar things. think the problem is in heavy lifting. go for looks instead of strength and you should be fine.

lifting heavy tells your body there`s a priority to build muscle, so nutrient and capacities are going to your muscle first. only logical IMO.

BelieveInIt

Back to top Go down

Post  Complexx Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:29 pm

sizzlinghairs wrote:Is it even possible for hair to transition that quickly? Over 12-24 hours?

Common sense bro... Lifting=test=DHT Tight scalp=hypoxia=Bad enviornment for lifting/sex/masturbation... The same thing happens with sex & masturbation as well.... Give the Detumescence therapy some time to loosen your scalp up so you won't have to sacrifice one for another.
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:19 am

Thanks for the replies guys.

Believeinit, u say u noticed similar things. Could you elaborate on how fast u would notice it? Was it truly in a matter of hours? It just seems so illogical to me for hair to change that fast.. Also, I worked out for 2 months with no ill effects, so how does one explain that. As well as the fact that I supplement with a lot of protein/BCAA to offset nutrient needs..

Complex: yeah I will continue, I'm just hoping it will come through in this regard

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  BelieveInIt Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:36 am

sizzlinghairs wrote:Thanks for the replies guys.

Believeinit, u say u noticed similar things. Could you elaborate on how fast u would notice it? Was it truly in a matter of hours? It just seems so illogical to me for hair to change that fast.. Also, I worked out for 2 months with no ill effects, so how does one explain that. As well as the fact that I supplement with a lot of protein/BCAA to offset nutrient needs..

Complex: yeah I will continue, I'm just hoping it will come through in this regard

yes immediately after working out hard with heavy weights, especially when sweating...i think while lifting too hard the scalp and the whole posture gets extremely tight at the same time + in the long run nutrients might be used for muscle regeneration/buildup primarily rather than reaching the scalp.
these are only assumptions, i´m not an expert of the matter but it´s widely known stress causes hairloss and lifting heavy is nothing else.

what about your diet, did you change anything?

BelieveInIt

Back to top Go down

Post  stresssucks Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:49 am

This really sucks.

I love lifting and playing sports. Does this mean I have to give these things up in order to have my hair?

Crazy.

There's also a heat aspect that causes me to shed when doing these activities.

stresssucks

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:29 am

Believeinit, I see. So you noticed your hair to become more limp afterwards? The thing that puzzles me is further up from the root my hair looks actually less dense. This has got to be some kind of optical illusion as it is impossible for hair to thin so dramatically within hours.. I guess when the base of the hair shaft becomes limp it has the effect of causing density to dissapear?

Yeah the fact that we have to choose hair over building muscle is nonsense. There's got to be a way to figure this out.

Has anyone else experienced such dramatic changes hairwise right after working out??

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  researchingeverything Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:51 am

havent experienced dramatic changes hairwise right after working out..

in fact it should help you optimize growth hormone levels...which is antiaging and should be good for hair health
however not sure if bodybuilding could have a negative impact on other hormones related to hair loss...

researchingeverything

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:03 am

It is possible if your muscles in the back shoulder and neck area tighten up which directly create a pull on the galea.

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  Vince Clortho Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:10 am

It could have somthing to do with using up your ATP and not being able to restore it fast enough post workout. Since ATP is needed for mitochondrial function it's possible that when ATP is low inflammation is high throughout the entire body.
Vince Clortho
Vince Clortho

Back to top Go down

Post  BelieveInIt Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:15 am

sizzlinghairs wrote:Believeinit, I see. So you noticed your hair to become more limp afterwards? The thing that puzzles me is further up from the root my hair looks actually less dense. This has got to be some kind of optical illusion as it is impossible for hair to thin so dramatically within hours.. I guess when the base of the hair shaft becomes limp it has the effect of causing density to dissapear?

Yeah the fact that we have to choose hair over building muscle is nonsense. There's got to be a way to figure this out.

Has anyone else experienced such dramatic changes hairwise right after working out??

it did not pay attention if it became limp, but after training i found more hair on my hands when running it through. in my case though this was before i started manuals. i´m not training hard right now, put up only medium weights for looks instead of strenght and it works for me.

i came to think it is highly unnatural to lift too heavy, the moments when you have to put in all your effort to lift it your whole body including your neck and scalp is as tense as it could be. I don´t think this is good for hair.

you could try to concentrate on keeping those muscles relaxed while lifting, keep your head tilted back slightly while training, make sure you breathe properly. these things could help

Last edited by BelieveInIt on Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:19 am; edited 1 time in total

BelieveInIt

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:16 am

Did you notice, besides the thinning, that your hair would actually appear significantly more thin afterwards (hours wise) ?

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  bov51 Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:21 am

iono about you guys but my hair looks great after a good work out , it has more volume to it.

bov51

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:03 am

I don't power lift or anything but I lift essentially
As heavy as possible 2 sets of 8 reps and then up the weight for 1 set of 6 reps. Lifting at max capacity really helps build that lean muscle through the tearing up those muscle fibers during that last rep.

This is usually how ppl lifting will go about their routine.. I really
Don't see this as lifting ultra heavy or anything. That would be more like sets of 3-5 reps..

Believeinit: how do you go about your routine? Without lifting to capacity, lean muscle does not increase, it just sculpts and maintains.. I do wanna bulk up some, hence my routine... And yes, bulking up is for looks mainly, not strength Smile

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  Duketronix Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:52 am

IME I had something similar going on for me and it stopped when I really started to make sure I was getting proper amounts of good proteins and calories timed properly for workouts. I also started focusing more on recovery (foam rolling an stretching with mobility work). Also making sure to get lots of GOOD deep sleep and keep workouts under an hour. I also find it important to get a good shower after the workout and do some hot/cold therapy in the shower.

Maybe you're already doing all this stuff. But for me it seems to amek a difference. IMHO if your hair is taking a hit then something's up. Overtraining? Do you take pre-workouts or anything? Keeping your body anabolic? Lots to look at.

Duketronix

Back to top Go down

Post  BelieveInIt Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:25 am

sizzlinghairs wrote:

Believeinit: how do you go about your routine? Without lifting to capacity, lean muscle does not increase, it just sculpts and maintains.. I do wanna bulk up some, hence my routine... And yes, bulking up is for looks mainly, not strength Smile

when i noticed hairloss  i was doing 5days a week split training 5 sets 8-12 reps, at a weight i could barely do 10 reps with. i have to say though this was at a time i was not living very healthy at all, i had a super tight scalp all the time and also havent started manual, still smoking, drinking etc..might be that sweating alone brought out those weakened hairs.

so don´t take my words too seriously. just wanted to point out i believe that theres a connection between TOO heavy lifting and hairloss.

today along my treatments i train every second day, still split 5x8-12 but with very easy weights to maintain and to sculp as you mentioned.

you can bulk up too with a weight say about 70% of your maximum for 8 sets, just do 2-3 reps more

BelieveInIt

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:07 am

Thanks for the replies guys.

Duke: Yeah right now I do take a pre-workout, but I dont think there are any harmful things in there (creatine nitrate, caffiene, arginine, bitter orange extract, other b vitamins). I had been taking it 2 months prior to experiencing this hair thinning so I dont think that has anything to do with it. I also drink a high content BCAA drink during my workout. Again, I dont think that could be doing any damage. Right after working out I have my organic whey protein isolate shake. I usually consume about 135-150 grams protein/day through diet/shakes. They say 1gr/lb body weight but it's always hard for me to reach that. Do you think that might be the problem? My gut tells me no as 135-150 gr protein seems like a pretty solid amount.

I recently read that doing 5-15 min cardio after lifting can help neutralize the heavy spike in T. I just did that yesterday and will continue to see if I notice a difference hairwise. Thanks for those suggestions as well duke. I will try doing the hot/cold therapy shower after working out. I had never really showered right after working out so maybe that'll make a difference. I'll also try to get better sleep. Oh and when you say keeping the body anabolic, do you mean to say thats good or bad?

Thanks again guys, any more insights im all ears (or eyes rather Smile)

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  stresssucks Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:37 am

If it wasn't happening before maybe you just need a rest.

stresssucks

Back to top Go down

Post  bobthebuilder Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:51 am

sizzlinghairs wrote:Thanks for the replies guys.

Duke: Yeah right now I do take a pre-workout, but I dont think there are any harmful things in there (creatine nitrate, caffiene, arginine, bitter orange extract, other b vitamins). I had been taking it 2 months prior to experiencing this hair thinning so I dont think that has anything to do with it. I also drink a high content BCAA drink during my workout. Again, I dont think that could be doing any damage. Right after working out I have my organic whey protein isolate shake. I usually consume about 135-150 grams protein/day through diet/shakes. They say 1gr/lb body weight but it's always hard for me to reach that. Do you think that might be the problem? My gut tells me no as 135-150 gr protein seems like a pretty solid amount.

I recently read that doing 5-15 min cardio after lifting can help neutralize the heavy spike in T. I just did that yesterday and will continue to see if I notice a difference hairwise. Thanks for those suggestions as well duke. I will try doing the hot/cold therapy shower after working out. I had never really showered right after working out so maybe that'll make a difference. I'll also try to get better sleep. Oh and when you say keeping the body anabolic, do you mean to say thats good or bad?

Thanks again guys, any more insights im all ears (or eyes rather Smile)

Like me I train hard and struggle at times keeping my calorie intake and alkaline foods up due to my IBS. I analysis my blood regularly and check urine PH levels, when muscle waste is occurring the body become acidic and requires lots of minerals to compensate.  

For me personally if I had a good Gut, I would add juicing into your Diet, veggie juices only. Your body would be extremely acidic due to waste material.

Check your body PH levels and give us an update.
bobthebuilder
bobthebuilder

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum