Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Dermarolling results EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Dermarolling results EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Dermarolling results EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Dermarolling results EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Dermarolling results EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Dermarolling results EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Dermarolling results EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Dermarolling results EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Dermarolling results EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Dermarolling results

+10
bobthebuilder
sanderson
Complexx
Hali-L
Balthier
rofl
Hairy Potter
CausticSymmetry
whodathunkit
SlowMoe
14 posters

Go down

Dermarolling results Empty Dermarolling results

Post  SlowMoe Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:05 am

Over on baldtruthtalk they are having a huge community dermarolling trial.

There is a guy on there that goes by prettyfly83. Check out his 6 month result:

Type of hair loss: Before dermarolling NW6,
Complete hair loss regimen:
Minoxidil Kirkland 2x/day 7 months
Niz shampoo 2x/week
Dermarolling 1x/week (4 months 0.5mm, now 2 months 1.5mm)
1gram Vita C and 1gram MSN daily

Brand of dermaroller: Generic 192 needle, 1.5 mm
Rolling frequency: Once a week (Friday evening) for about 8-10 minutes. Some blood spots but not a huge amount.
Weeks into treatment: 6 months total. 4 months 0.5mm and 2 month 1.5mm

Dermarolling results Tumblr_mxk6rgMJtb1speilco1_1280

Last edited by SlowMoe on Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:38 am; edited 2 times in total
SlowMoe
SlowMoe

Back to top Go down

Dermarolling results Empty Re: Dermarolling results

Post  whodathunkit Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:24 am

Moe, you know as well as anyone that without a starting comparison pic, the pic you posted means *nothing* except this guy has a buzz cut with some terminal stubble showing.  Stubble could be from dermarolling or not.  

As a standalone pic, this is not impressive at all.  Can you post a beginning pic?

Also, I wouldn't dermaroll and then put minox or anything similarly toxic on my skin.   EVERYTHING soaks right into your system after a roll.

Needling in and of itself can induce growth factors needed to rejuvenate skin and possibly hair, without putting something like minox on top of it.  At max I'd use CP's for hair after needling (Folligen).   But never minox or anything similarly toxic.

whodathunkit

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:28 am

Honestly, I don't understand why anyone would want to put this poison known as minoxidil on their head.

Fix the endocrine system and ATP, the hair will grow.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowMoe Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:39 am

For some reason, you can't view big pics on here. Follow this link and click on the photo he posted. You can see good detail there.

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=13420&page=199
SlowMoe
SlowMoe

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowMoe Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:41 am

whodathunkit wrote:Moe, you know as well as anyone that without a starting comparison pic, the pic you posted means *nothing* except this guy has a buzz cut with some terminal stubble showing.  Stubble could be from dermarolling or not.  

As a standalone pic, this is not impressive at all.  Can you post a beginning pic?

Also, I wouldn't dermaroll and then put minox or anything similarly toxic on my skin.   EVERYTHING soaks right into your system after a roll.

Needling in and of itself can induce growth factors needed to rejuvenate skin and possibly hair, without putting something like minox on top of it.  At max I'd use CP's for hair after needling (Folligen).   But never minox or anything similarly toxic.

For some reason this site will cut a big pic i half. Follow my link for a good detailed pic. It is impressive.
SlowMoe
SlowMoe

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairy Potter Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:36 pm

SlowMoe wrote:For some reason, you can't view big pics on here. Follow this link and click on the photo he posted. You can see good detail there.

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=13420&page=199

Very impressive, thanks Slowmoe! CS, sorry once again for my ignorance, but what does ATP stand for?

Hairy Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  rofl Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:13 pm

Adenosine triphosphate aka cellular energy
rofl
rofl

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairy Potter Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:04 pm

rofl wrote:Adenosine triphosphate aka cellular energy

Nice, thanks a lot rofl

Hairy Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Balthier Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:14 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:Fix the endocrine system and ATP, the hair will grow.
You make it sound easy how do you do that?

Balthier

Back to top Go down

Post  Hali-L Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:45 am

I'm seriously considering rolling. need to find minox alternatives for a topical though.

Also I'd imagine it would be pretty painful to brush / massage after dermarolling, even leaving a it a day or two. Moe, what are your experiences in this regard?
Hali-L
Hali-L

Back to top Go down

Post  Complexx Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:56 am

Hali-L wrote:I'm seriously considering rolling. need to find minox alternatives for a topical though.

Also I'd imagine it would be pretty painful to brush / massage after dermarolling, even leaving a it a day or two. Moe, what are your experiences in this regard?

I swear, all of the stuff we gave here + DR is a guaranteed cure in my eyes. Hell, I think what I'm doing now is the cure already lol. Let be know when you find a good topical man! I'm interested! Maybe CS can help? I need one premade already lol.

Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:05 pm

CausticSymmetry wrote:Honestly, I don't understand why anyone would want to put this poison known as minoxidil on their head.

Fix the endocrine system and ATP, the hair will grow.

are you referring to ATP co factors? http://www.amazon.com/OPTIMOX-ATP-Cofactors-90-Tablets/dp/B002D9DFQ2

i was considering picking this up as it was one of the last things that seems to be important to the thyroid taht i am not taking

also, just ordered my dermaroller off ebay.. it should be here in a couple of weeks.. i will add this into the regimen.  Very Happy 

Last edited by sanderson on Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Dermarolling results Empty possible alternative?

Post  Hali-L Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:14 pm

CS posted this in a similar thread a few days back.

"There are various types of "minoxidil-like" substances.

For example, a combination of minerals and vitamins and amino acids can duplicate the effect that minoxidil has on potassium channels without poisoning the system (or the side-effects), or causing the massive minoxidil shed that often plagues users after they quit.

Potassium, chloride, magnesium and sodium all found in this formula discussed here:
http://longevitypost.com/salting-away-your-anxiety/

Then there is a suitable complex such as this:

http://www.iherb.com/Thorne-Research-B-Complex-12-60-Veggie-Caps/18126

Adding Carnitine or ALC will further boost things by stimulating
Rather than use minoxidil, taking Acetyl L-Carnitine (ALC) instead boosts cardiolipin levels. Cardiolipin supports the function of the hair follicle in a similar manner to minoxidil.

Cardiolipin levels decline with age along with the efficiency of the mitochondria. The role of cardiolipin supports oxygen and energy conversion. Acetyl L-Carnitine assists in increasing levels of cardiolipin. When used along with Stabilized R-Lipoic Acid, it becomes a potent booster of both glucose and fatty acid metabolism. Something minoxidil will not do"

Hali-L
Hali-L

Back to top Go down

Post  bobthebuilder Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:04 pm

We should be applying Iodine before rolling like in the study. 6 month mark looks good, but I expect better results for my self. You can clearly see the scalp is shiny, iodine works well for skin regeneration.
bobthebuilder
bobthebuilder

Back to top Go down

Post  Joey Ramone Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:08 pm

I did it for about 6 months with no noticeable benefit.

Joey Ramone

Back to top Go down

Post  Complexx Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:46 pm

Complexx wrote:
Hali-L wrote:I'm seriously considering rolling. need to find minox alternatives for a topical though.

I swear, all of the stuff we gave here + DR is a guaranteed cure in my eyes. Hell, I think what I'm doing now is the cure already lol. Let be know when you find a good topical man! I'm interested! Maybe CS can help?  I need one premade already lol.

My phones spell check is a piece of shit... I swear.
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Post  YAER Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:34 pm

Complexx wrote:
Complexx wrote:

I swear, all of the stuff we gave here + DR is a guaranteed cure in my eyes. Hell, I think what I'm doing now is the cure already lol. Let be know when you find a good topical man! I'm interested! Maybe CS can help?  I need one premade already lol.

complexx, why do u think many people lose hair from the sides as well, iv seen many people who have very thin hair on the sides and completely bald at the top, the sides are very loose and have plenty of subcutaneos fat yet they lose hair there as well, my father for example.

YAER

Back to top Go down

Post  Complexx Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:00 pm

YAER wrote:
Complexx wrote:
Complexx wrote:

complexx, why do u think many people lose hair from the sides as well, iv seen many people who have very thin hair on the sides and completely bald at the top, the sides are very loose and have plenty of subcutaneos fat yet they lose hair there as well, my father for example.

Thyroid problem, weak vascular system, other internal issues etc. Does he have any health related issues such as high blood pressure? Also, I've read somewhere that older people tend to have lower oxygen counts in their blood as well as weaker blood circulation although I'm sure they can counteract this type of issue with a NO booster or some regular exercise. Just my 2c
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Post  Thin in FL Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:07 am

Anyone have good results to report from continued dermarolling?
I just went up to a 1.5mm from a 0.5mm.
I like the premise behind the derma roller and micro wounding- breaking up fibrosis, increasing bloodflow, etc, BUT is there concern that this could cause harm and damage to the follicle?

Thin in FL

Back to top Go down

Post  lutz Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:56 am

Thin in FL wrote:Anyone have good results to report from continued dermarolling?
I just went up to a 1.5mm from a 0.5mm.
I like the premise behind the derma roller and micro wounding- breaking up fibrosis, increasing bloodflow, etc, BUT is there concern that this could cause harm and damage to the follicle?

I think follicle damage is a real concern and it still keeps me from dermarolling regularly. I applaud the brave souls who are guinea pigging this on my behalf.

lutz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down