Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
White patches of skin where hairline has receded EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
White patches of skin where hairline has receded EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
White patches of skin where hairline has receded EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
White patches of skin where hairline has receded EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
White patches of skin where hairline has receded EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
White patches of skin where hairline has receded EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
White patches of skin where hairline has receded EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
White patches of skin where hairline has receded EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
White patches of skin where hairline has receded EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

White patches of skin where hairline has receded

+4
gonzalito
rofl
JDawg
Xenon
8 posters

Go down

White patches of skin where hairline has receded Empty White patches of skin where hairline has receded

Post  Xenon Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:11 am

I have covered this topic before, and I thought that the patches of whiter skin (in the exact location where my hairloss has occured) was down to calcification, but  having observed this more closely, I feel that the whiter skin is caused by some fatty substance. if it was calcification, then the skin would naturally be harder to the touch, but this is not the case, if anything it is more 'spongey', bulges out slightly more, and is a little shinier than other areas of skin. Additionally, I have been using a boar brush to tap away at this area in an effort to break up this fatty residue, and I have noticed that it takes lots of effort for this white skin to turn red, via increased blood flow. This can only suggest that not enough blood is reaching the tissue because of this fatty substance. This fatty substance IMO is DHT. It is a sterol, so it makes sense.

Also, I have been paying close attention to areas of my scalp where heat retention occurs the most and it is in these precise regions (where the skin is whiter). I am certain that heat is retained because capillaries are clogged.

I'd also like to add, I posted a pubmed study some time ago how CD200+ progenitor cells increase when there is extra oxygen in the bloodstream. As many of you are aware CD200+ progenitors are required for matrix cells to produce terminal hair. If there is a massive reduction in oxygen, then so too will there be a massive reduction in CD200+ cells. I believe that this fatty susbtance clogging capillaries is the culprit for reduction in oxygen and CD200+ progenitors.

Now, I have been using boar brush bristles to lightly tap away at the tissue in question in a bid to try and break up this substance, not to mention promoting increased bloodflow to cells so that they have the energy to metabolize these sterols. So far, I have noticed tiny patches of redder skin, which may suggest that the sterols (possibly DHT) is gradually being cleared away.

I can't reply immediately as my laptop is screwed, so if anyone wishes to comment upon this and provide some more insightful thoughts, then I'll get back to you tomorrow or the following day.
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

White patches of skin where hairline has receded Empty Re: White patches of skin where hairline has receded

Post  JDawg Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:41 am

Xenon, this is an interesting observation. I'm just not sure that DHT would show up on your scalp in patches, that seems unreasonable.
I mean if someone has a high triclyceride count, you don't see fatty deposits in their scabs or when they cut themselves.
I imagine it's something else that's causing the white patches than DHT.

JDawg

Back to top Go down

White patches of skin where hairline has receded Empty Re: White patches of skin where hairline has receded

Post  rofl Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:34 pm

wouldnt it just be because of the lack of sunlight for all of childhood cos it was covered with hair, and now in adulthood its not?
rofl
rofl

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:47 pm

JDawg wrote:Xenon, this is an interesting observation.  I'm just not sure that DHT would show up on your scalp in patches, that seems unreasonable.
I mean if someone has a high triclyceride count, you don't see fatty deposits in their scabs or when they cut themselves.  
I imagine it's something else that's causing the white patches than DHT.
I'm not suggesting that the white patches in themselves are dht visible beneath the epidermis, rather something is reducing bloodflow and making the skin slightly whiter in appearance. These white patches are only evident where my hairline once existed. Something must be clogging capillary walls and reducing bloodflow, and I think it may well be a sterol or perhaps something else.

wouldnt it just be because of the lack of sunlight for all of childhood cos it was covered with hair, and now in adulthood its not?
It may play a role. Perhaps having the temples pressed against pillows during sleep causes capillary compression and reduced bloodflow. Capillary compression can cause heat retention also. It is in the whiter areas where heat builds up most.
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:49 pm

Update: These white patches may be related to a fungal infection called Tinea Versicolor aka pityriasis versicolor

The infection can happen for any of the following reasons:

You have oily skin
You live in a hot climate
You sweat a lot
You have a weak immune system

Signs and Symptoms of Tinea Versicolor

Acidic bleach from the growing yeast causes areas of skin to be a different color than the skin around them.

And according to this study this condition can cause hair loss. A lipid dependent yeast micro organism called Malassezia is the culprit:

Hair loss in pityriasis versicolor lesions: A descriptive clinicopathological study

Background
We have observed that hair thinning and/or loss occur at times as a presenting symptom or sign in patients with pityriasis versicolor (PV).

Objective
Our objective was to verify and explore this clinical observation and depict its underlying pathology.

Methods
A total of 39 patients with PV were examined during a period of 11 months and skin biopsy specimens were taken from lesional and nonlesional skin. Hematoxylin-eosin– and periodic acid–Schiff–stained sections were examined and described. Results were statistically analyzed.

Results
Hair loss and/or thinning within PV lesions was shown in 61.5% of patients (P value < .0005), appearing most commonly on forearms, abdomen, and neck as well as the beard area (only in male participants). Histopathologically, in addition to the classically described features of PV, basal hydropic degeneration, follicular degeneration, miniaturization, atrophy, plugging, and/or hair shaft absence occurred in 46% of lesional versus 20.5% of nonlesional biopsy specimens (P value < .05); these changes appeared to be directly or indirectly related to the presence of Malassezia organisms in hair follicles and/or stratum corneum.

Limitations
Some patients with PV lesions on the face did not approve facial biopsy.

Conclusion
This study provides clinical and histopathological evidence that PV lesions may be associated with hair thinning and/or loss.

http://www.jaad.org/article/s0190-9622(12)00341-6/abstract

additionally: As the fungus requires fat to grow, it is most common in areas with many sebaceous glands: on the scalp,[14] face, and upper part of the body. When the fungus grows too rapidly, the natural renewal of cells is disturbed and dandruff appears with itching (a similar process may also occur with other fungi or bacteria).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malassezia
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  gonzalito Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:28 am

I think I've had great success keeping fungi, bacteria, yeast, etc. at bay with the regular use of my high frequency device... Ozone is supposed to kill all of these "enemies"...

gonzalito

Back to top Go down

Post  Complexx Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:50 am

gonzalito wrote:I think I've had great success keeping fungi, bacteria, yeast, etc. at bay with the regular use of my high frequency device... Ozone is supposed to kill all of these "enemies"...
I honestly think that your results are specifically from using a high frequency device and loosening the Galea.... not the acid that you are using. I find it ironic that you didn't mention you using this device in that acid thread.
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Post  gonzalito Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:22 am

Complexx wrote:
gonzalito wrote:I think I've had great success keeping fungi, bacteria, yeast, etc. at bay with the regular use of my high frequency device... Ozone is supposed to kill all of these "enemies"...
I honestly think that your results are specifically from using a high frequency device and loosening the Galea.... not the acid that you are using. I find it ironic that you didn't mention you using this device in that acid thread.
Complexx,

I didn´t mention it because I still don´t find it as THE best "weapon" in my "arsenal"... I do find it´s the best option to keep the best "soil" possible to keep the hair growing... I refer to eliminate any interference that may harm the progress of the other treatments... It´s a complementary help; just that...

The high frequency, for itself, don´t help to stop hairloss or regrow hair... It would be great, easy and all here would heads full of hair...

By the way, I don´t need to be ironic in any way... I´m not selling anything here... And above all, this forum is supposed to help each other, it´s not a competition...

gonzalito

Back to top Go down

Post  Complexx Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:50 am

gonzalito wrote:
Complexx wrote:
Complexx,

I didn´t mention it because I still don´t find it as THE best "weapon" in my "arsenal"... I do find it´s the best option to keep the best "soil" possible to keep the hair growing... I refer to eliminate any interference that may harm the progress of the other treatments... It´s a complementary help; just that...

The high frequency, for itself, don´t help to stop hairloss or regrow hair... It would be great, easy and all here would heads full of hair...

By the way, I don´t need to be ironic in any way... I´m not selling anything here... And above all, this forum is supposed to help each other, it´s not a competition...
Dude, relax.... I said I find IT ironic. I have absolutely no beef with you. Isn't this supposed to be a discussion forum? Well I'm basically discussing my opinion.

As for the violet ray: You must not know all of its functions if you think it's not one of the best "tools" to combat hair loss. I'll tell you what though.... If you really want to see if that acid really works you can just drop the galea loosening, violet ray etc. and keep up with the acid. Maybe this can prove the acids worth. But for now I'll just keep stating my opinions just like everyone else on here is.
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:41 am

You mean the violet ray suppresses proliferation of these fungi?

I wonder... DHT apparently causes sebaceous glands to become over active, and according to what I've read, the fungi in question especially likes to feed on sebaceous oils. This fungi also causes increased proinflammatory cytokine expression within keratinocytes. I know that if I go a single day without washing my hair, then the skin will inflame - always. Yes my hairloss has long halted (with a little regrowth), but that's about it -- I'm experiencing no new hairline regrowth.
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  gonzalito Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:42 am

Complexx wrote:
gonzalito wrote:
Complexx wrote:
Complexx,

Dude, relax.... I said I find IT ironic. I have absolutely no beef with you. Isn't this supposed to be a discussion forum? Well I'm basically discussing my opinion.

As for the violet ray: You must not know all of its functions if you think it's not one of the best "tools" to combat hair loss. I'll tell you what though.... If you really want to see if that acid really works you can just drop the galea loosening, violet ray etc. and keep up with the acid. Maybe this can prove the acids worth. But for now I'll just keep stating my opinions just like everyone else on here is.
Everything's fine, Complexx Wink 

The acid is giving me results -as least I think so- for regrowing... I used to get massages and high frequency BEFORE getting in the peeling thing... So I never would say that acid could stop hairloss, but maybe help with regrow...

Luckily, I´m pretty sure I stopped hairloss long time ago, after trying EVERYTHING possible, balancing my hormones, through incorporating DIM, zinc, calcium fructoborate, and other stuff to my regimen... Since then I´m focused on regrow in my bald spots (hairline basically)...

Replying to Xenon: ozone will take care of the proliferation of these fungi, yes... In fact, high frequency is also a great solution for dandruff because it kills the pityrosporum ovale...

gonzalito

Back to top Go down

Post  Complexx Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:06 am

Xenon wrote:

I wonder... DHT apparently causes sebaceous glands to become over active, and according to what I've read, the fungi in question especially likes to feed on sebaceous oils. This fungi also causes increased proinflammatory cytokine expression within keratinocytes. I know that if I go a single day without washing my hair, then the skin will inflame - always. Yes my hairloss has long halted (with a little regrowth), but that's about it -- I'm experiencing no new hairline regrowth.  
Xenon, you are a very knowledgable guy and all and I enjoy reading your posts from time to time.... But I never see you talking about incorporating scalp loosening/violet ray/Emu Oil into your regimen. I can't say you've never posted anything about it because I don't stalk people on here, but I'm just going by what I've seen lately more or less.

Anyways, are you incorporating any of the above techniques into your regimen? I believe Emu Oil will help tremendously with your inflammation. I've also read about it being great against fibrosis, replenishing subcutaneous fat cells, blocking DHT etc. etc. etc. The violet ray helps with tons of stuff too. I'm not sure how you would be experiencing any of these things if you have managed to restore normal blood flow to the scalp.
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Post  Complexx Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:25 am

gonzalito wrote:
Complexx wrote:
gonzalito wrote:
Complexx wrote:
Complexx,

Everything's fine, Complexx Wink 

The acid is giving me results -as least I think so- for regrowing... I used to get massages and high frequency BEFORE getting in the peeling thing... So I never would say that acid could stop hairloss, but maybe help with regrow...

Luckily, I´m pretty sure I stopped hairloss long time ago, after trying EVERYTHING possible, balancing my hormones, through incorporating DIM, zinc, calcium fructoborate, and other stuff to my regimen... Since then I´m focused on regrow in my bald spots (hairline basically)...

Replying to Xenon: ozone will take care of the proliferation of these fungi, yes... In fact, high frequency is also a great solution for dandruff because it kills the pityrosporum ovale...
That regrowth can be a result of you keeping up with the scalp loosening/violet ray use. Quite a few people that used those two techniques combined (violet ray/scalp loosening) often thought that a certain oil or technique worked better than the violet ray/Manual exercises because they either tried it months after performing the two or they used it alongside the two treatments from the get go. Some of those guys tried dropping the manual exercises and violet ray and then ended up regretting it.

So, my question to you is: HOW LONG have you been performing these manual exercises/using the violet ray and has your scalp gotten looser recently prior to using the acid? Also, what kind of violet ray are you using? You can't expect to stimulate dormant follicles without the proper violet rat device. Oh... And how long gave you been slickity slick bald my friend?

Idk maybe there is something to this avid after all.... But I don't believe it can do anything by itself since the main problem is disrupted bloodflow which often leads to everythingggg else people talk about here. (MY OPINION)
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:03 am

Complexx wrote:
Xenon wrote:

Xenon, you are a very knowledgable guy and all and I enjoy reading your posts from time to time.... But I never see you talking about incorporating scalp loosening/violet ray/Emu Oil into your regimen. I can't say you've never posted anything about it because I don't stalk people on here, but I'm just going by what I've seen lately more or less.

Anyways, are you incorporating any of the above techniques into your regimen? I believe Emu Oil will help tremendously with your inflammation. I've also read about it being great against fibrosis, replenishing subcutaneous fat cells, blocking DHT etc. etc. etc. The violet ray helps with tons of stuff too. I'm not sure how you would be experiencing any of these things if you have managed to restore normal blood flow to the scalp.
Complexx, I've just started doing some scalp loosening exercises and some light boar brush tapping in an attempt to stimulate bloodflow to the temples. I'm doing a few more things also, so I'll see how this all goes. As someone else said, 'attack the problem from all angles'.

I'm not suffering any inflammation at all (unless very low grade), I just need to restore the hair I've lost -- not that much mind you, as I was fortunate to stop it in it's tracks. Since I was 16 I have receded only about an inch and a half from the temples (I'm 35 now), so my hairloss isn't the worst case in the world, it would just be nice to have a full hairline again.

Edited to add: My late brother started receding around the age of 21, so I don't know if his hairloss would have continued had he have still lived. My eldest step brother also began receding from the temples, but for some reason, his hairloss halted from that point on (he's in his mid 40's now).

If you also look at the actor Bill Paxton, he too also had a receded hairline, yet his hairloss never got worse (as far as I know).
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  Complexx Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:12 am

Xenon wrote:
Complexx wrote:
Xenon wrote:

Complexx, I've just started doing some scalp loosening exercises and some light boar brush tapping in an attempt to stimulate bloodflow to the temples. I'm doing a few more things also, so I'll see how this all goes. As someone else said, 'attack the problem from all angles'.

I'm not suffering any inflammation at all (unless very low grade), I just need to restore the hair I've lost -- not that much mind you, as I was fortunate to stop it in it's tracks. Since I was 16 I have receded only about an inch and a half from the temples (I'm 35 now), so my hairloss isn't the worst case in the world, it would just be nice to have a full hairline again.

Edited to add: My late brother started receding around the age of 21, so I don't know if his hairloss would have continued had he have still lived. My eldest step brother also began receding from the temples, but for some reason, his hairloss halted from that point on (he's in his mid 40's now).

If you also look at the actor Bill Paxton, he too also had a receded hairline, yet his hairloss never got worse (as far as I know).
Interesting. I'm sure your Galea isn't THAT tight if you have most of your hair.... Same with the other people you mentioned. From my experience, my hair was BARELY receding about 2 years ago and I just let it be, thinking diet could reverse my hair loss and what do you know.... My scalp got tighter and I started loosing more & more hair. It eventually got to the point where my hair was receding about an inch around my temples and about a qrt-half an inch on my hairline with hair coverage everywhere else (though the rest of the hair was kind of weak and thin as well.) I also experienced numbness In most areas of my scalp and it felt as if I had a tight swimming cap on my head (scalp was thin and tight) but this is allll reversing now. For some reason, I've experienced minimal "itching" or Imflammation like a majority of people do on this forum... Or at least i think so. So in short, absolutely everything happened after my scalp became tight.

I believe you're going to restore ALL of your hair back if you keep up the good work and maybe consider purchasing a violet ray. You can also look into Dermarolling too. I also have to add that I started this extremely early (im 21 and started to counteract this problem within the 2 year mark of it starting) and I didn't really have a HORRIBLE case of hair loss to begin with either. Younger guys like me tend to be more resilient as well. BUT being that a healthy enviornment is key for maintaing healthy hair follicles and follicles never really "die", I believe ANYBODY can completely reverse this problem if they counteract it correctly and stick with it. It may even take as long as it took for you to go bald/maintain baldness for you to grow back all of your hair.... Just have to stick with it, which most people fail to do.

PS: Along with the VR/ Emu Oil/ Scalp Loosening, Faster EFT helps a TON as well.
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Post  Grub Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:51 pm

Complex will you please answer your pm's.

Grub

Back to top Go down

Post  Complexx Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:52 pm

Grub wrote:Complex will you please answer your pm's.
LOL im sorry dude... I'm known for having this problem. I'll check my PMs now. (the view of this site is very limited on my phone)
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Post  theseeker86 Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:16 pm

Complexx wrote:

PS: Along with the VR/ Emu Oil/ Scalp Loosening, Faster EFT helps a TON as well.
What's EFT?

Sorry for the noob question lol

theseeker86

Back to top Go down

Post  Complexx Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:26 pm

theseeker86 wrote:
Complexx wrote:

What's EFT?

Not a noob question at all man. It's a very effective mind/body healing modality that enables you to get rid of problems on a subconscious level.
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:47 am

Complexx, I'll see how the boar brush tapping / scalp loosening goes, then maybe buy a violet ray and some Emu oil. I've also stopped jacking off, as this has been the only method in the past which has actually regrown temple hair for me. I'm still getting email testimonials from guys who did the same, and they also reported signs of regrowth. I'm not 100% certain why excessive masturbating can cause hairloss in some men, maybe a surge in DHT / DHEA / PGD2, maybe too much metabolic heat to the temples. I just know for certain that it can cause hairloss in certain men, esp if done in excess.
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  Dannyboy Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:07 am

Complexx wrote:
theseeker86 wrote:
Complexx wrote:

What's EFT?

Not a noob question at all man. It's a very effective mind/body healing modality that enables you to get rid of problems on a subconscious level.
Hi complex,

I saw many links about the "faster EFT" - which one I should see in order to practice this method to help to deal with my hair loss problem? Is there any specific link?
I think that my stress and anxiety - which coming mainly from the hair loss problem itself, are playing a major rule in my results. As i see about every 2 weeks how my hair is thinning and hair line receding, but yet I can see new hair regrowth - tiny hairs on my hair line. I'm terribly confused and full of non stop stress as a result - so this EFT might help.

This is a interesting link about  stress and hair loss: http://www.ac-therapie.de/UEbersicht-Spannungshaarausfall.17.0.html

P.S still looking forward to get a pm reply.

cheers

Dannyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down