Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
It takes up to 48 hours for Vitamin D to absorb into the skin EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
It takes up to 48 hours for Vitamin D to absorb into the skin EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
It takes up to 48 hours for Vitamin D to absorb into the skin EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
It takes up to 48 hours for Vitamin D to absorb into the skin EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
It takes up to 48 hours for Vitamin D to absorb into the skin EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
It takes up to 48 hours for Vitamin D to absorb into the skin EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
It takes up to 48 hours for Vitamin D to absorb into the skin EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
It takes up to 48 hours for Vitamin D to absorb into the skin EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
It takes up to 48 hours for Vitamin D to absorb into the skin EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

It takes up to 48 hours for Vitamin D to absorb into the skin

+3
Espio
hapyman
CausticSymmetry
7 posters

Go down

It takes up to 48 hours for Vitamin D to absorb into the skin Empty It takes up to 48 hours for Vitamin D to absorb into the skin

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue May 12, 2009 9:47 pm

Back in 1998, I was talking to a colleague who shared with me some extraordinary information about vitamin D via the sun. His information was sourced from a book (I don't recall the title) but he said, if a person has breast cancer they need to absorb what they can get but not to shower for at least 14 hours, otherwise the vitamin D will not adequately absorb since the skin oils will be washed off.

Well he was almost right, it turns out it's 48 hours. Check out the link below. It's saying that if you wash with soap, you're going to lose a lot of vitamin D unless you don't wash for a couple days. Well, I guess I should keep taking the Vitamin D a little longer into summer.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2009/05/12/Shocking-Update-Sunshine-Can-Actually-Decrease-Your-Vitamin-D-Levels.aspx
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

It takes up to 48 hours for Vitamin D to absorb into the skin Empty Re: It takes up to 48 hours for Vitamin D to absorb into the skin

Post  hapyman Wed May 13, 2009 12:10 am

I just read that and this makes it even more difficult for your average every day person to get enough Vitamin D. I will probably continue to supplement during the summer then but just drop it back a little. Maybe on days I know I got enough sun, and now enough time to let it soak in, I won't supplement.
hapyman
hapyman

Back to top Go down

It takes up to 48 hours for Vitamin D to absorb into the skin Empty Re: It takes up to 48 hours for Vitamin D to absorb into the skin

Post  Espio Wed May 13, 2009 1:27 am

Sweet! I'm glad I only shower like once or twice a week! But when my hair was rapidly thinning I was showering twice a day.

This explains why bums always have a full head of long hair, since they are in the sun a lot and don't shower it off them. While people who have jobs end up showering every day and typically work indoors and go bald. Or it could because food is plentiful for people with jobs so they eat a lot and insulin levels go up.

Espio

Back to top Go down

Post  lund Wed May 13, 2009 5:53 am

I thought the issue was with "Soap" not with showering/bathing with water alone...

Did he link with some research on this claim that it takes 2 days to absorb D from skin? It is probably not a binary equation, may be to get 100% of what skin made you need to wait 2 days, but where is the curve?

lund

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed May 13, 2009 5:54 am

It might mean nothing, but one of the testimonies who was taking 5,000 IU of Vitamin D3 said he had hair growing in on the top since taking it.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  hadrion Wed May 13, 2009 6:11 am

I'm sticking with my 5000 IU a day minimum even during the summer. I think we're learning there's too much positive total health benefits derived from D (or D3 specifically) to not have it.

I have my Mom and my wife using it now as well.

That said, it's not the total complete cold/flu/infection blocker you may think it is with that kind of use.

I got a nasty cold over the weekend that is just going away today. It seemed to be passed around people we know and the good news is it appears to have lasted much less with me than with others.

Still, I did get sick for a few days with a sore throat/swollen glands/head congestion type thing.

Can't say I think 5000 IU a day of D3 has helped me grow new hair though.

hadrion

Back to top Go down

Post  lund Wed May 13, 2009 6:12 am

I think we are sold on Vitmain D supplementation already. The issue of having to wait 2 days to get the benefit is perhaps what I thought was the *NEW* information - I was questioning the source and the data to support that claim + is ther a curve on absorption time of D already made under the skin?

How does soap kill vitamin "D" under the skin? If we are aborbing so much of SOAP under the skin to start causing chemical reactions and displacements under the skin, we probably have bigger issues to solve...

CausticSymmetry wrote:It might mean nothing, but one of the testimonies who was taking 5,000 IU of Vitamin D3 said he had hair growing in on the top since taking it.

lund

Back to top Go down

Post  hapyman Wed May 13, 2009 6:17 am

lund wrote:I think we are sold on Vitmain D supplementation already. The issue of having to wait 2 days to get the benefit is perhaps what I thought was the *NEW* information - I was questioning the source and the data to support that claim + is ther a curve on absorption time of D already made under the skin?

How does soap kill vitamin "D" under the skin? If we are aborbing so much of SOAP under the skin to start causing chemical reactions and displacements under the skin, we probably have bigger issues to solve...

CausticSymmetry wrote:It might mean nothing, but one of the testimonies who was taking 5,000 IU of Vitamin D3 said he had hair growing in on the top since taking it.

It is the fact that Vitamin D3 is hydrophobic and not as easily washed away by just plain water. However, soap will dissolve the oils on the skin and wash away the vitamin D3 before it is absorbed.

I am with you though on seeing if there is an absorption curve. I wonder how much... or what percentage... we absorb just after a few hours. Hopefully someone is doing the research.
hapyman
hapyman

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed May 13, 2009 6:40 am

One thing I should say that I've noticed with Vitamin D, is that it takes several months for it to really get into gear because most of us who have only supplemented with it. I've been the elderly get gradually results from 5,000 IU, but much better with 10,000 IU since their skin does not absorb quite as much of it.

I suspect it can take anywhere from 3 to 9 months to get vitamin D levels up to normal.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kijumn Wed May 13, 2009 7:18 am

I use to wash my whole body with soap everyday for many years. I later found out that I felt much better when I only used soap two or so times a week. I thought it was due to the chemicals in the soap or whatever, but reducing Vitamin D levels makes perfect sense now!
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

Post  lund Wed May 13, 2009 7:37 am

Well, hopefully vitamin "D" is not just lying on the exposed outer layer of the skin, logically thinking vitmain D is made under the skin (beneath it) when the UV penetrates the skin layer. For soap to be able to wipe out internal vitamin "D" inside the skin, it not only has to cut through the skin OIL as you are suggesting, it will have to be absorbed thru the skin and get inside the skin.

If the chemical SOAP is able to get so readily under the skin, we are probably fucked anyways...

hapyman wrote:
lund wrote:I think we are sold on Vitmain D supplementation already. The issue of having to wait 2 days to get the benefit is perhaps what I thought was the *NEW* information - I was questioning the source and the data to support that claim + is ther a curve on absorption time of D already made under the skin?

It is the fact that Vitamin D3 is hydrophobic and not as easily washed away by just plain water. However, soap will dissolve the oils on the skin and wash away the vitamin D3 before it is absorbed.

I am with you though on seeing if there is an absorption curve. I wonder how much... or what percentage... we absorb just after a few hours. Hopefully someone is doing the research.

lund

Back to top Go down

Post  johnt Wed May 13, 2009 7:57 am

I wonder if soap is even necessary? Regardless, I think since it's summer and I'll be getting lots of sun, I'm going to give JDP's regimen a try and only soap a couple times per week in order to let all that sun give me my optimal vitamin D boost... and even on those couple days it'll be a natural soap, which I'm not sure if makes a difference in regard to this or not.

johnt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down